Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Electric car Launch - Dunlaoghire.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭DrivingsCool

Apparently Green aer have sold 25 to date, not bad!

mondeo wrote: »
    I'd rather be seen in this then a G whiz....., at least when the battery runs out in this I can peddle it down the canal rd..

[IMG][/img]PowerWheelsBarbieJamminJeepElectric.jpg

Theres a charging bay outside ESB now!

The oldest Electric car in Ireland..?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

The oldest Electric car in Ireland..?

That's a funny looking shoebox, glass side panels are handy though, will make it easier to see the shoes inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Eamon Ryan talking about his grant plans again today.

Irish Times
    He reiterated the Government’s aim to have 10 per cent of the country’s fleet electric by 2020.

Maybe electric will take off but its hard to see much progress for at least 3-5 years. At a guess I would say maybe 2m cars in the country? In 2008 150k new cars were sold & 55k in 2009. Lets say we average a generous 100k sales a year its hard to see where Ryan gets the 10% number.

I wouldn't be totally convinced by the technical spin off but the state investment is fairly minimal & they would just waste on someone thing else anyway. We'd probably need a nuclear plant if we all converted to electricity which the Greens would never allow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement