Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Timetables 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Dreading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

Other than the guys who are going to gigs around that time, I really don't get why you're all getting so worked up about it. Who cares exactly when they are or what order they're in, you know you have 4-5 weeks so why don't you stop moaning and start studying and you'll find out when you find out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Tarka

Gig stuff aside, I've always found it a little comforting to know when exactly I'll be facing each exam. At the moment it's just a frightening blob of time called 'exams', having the timetable kind of unmasks it all and takes away some of the worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

Aldito wrote: »
    Other than the guys who are going to gigs around that time, I really don't get why you're all getting so worked up about it. Who cares exactly when they are or what order they're in, you know you have 4-5 weeks so why don't you stop moaning and start studying and you'll find out when you find out...

While its a quaint ideal to assume everybody should just get their head into their books and study for the exam period ahead, the fact of the matter is there are plenty of students who will be using periods between exams etc to do most of their last-minute cramming.

Of course I'm studying, but it would be nice to know if two of my most difficult papers are on the same day or a couple of weeks apart. And asides from gigs, theres a 4-month summer ahead which could be better planned if I knew what dates I was finishing on.

Anyway, they're out on Monday now so I'm not too bothered. But would it be really too much to ask to have them out a little earlier next year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

:D Excellent! I spoke too soon.. and my timetable is sweeet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Yeah can't complain about mine either, nicely spaced out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Saweeet timetable. Much better than I expected!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

A mate of mine has one every day for the first week. Shit one.

• Advertisement

Better than I expected too. A bit of crapness but then I did choose to do a broad curriculum course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Yuck. 9 exams in two weeks..... This is gonna be so much fun. Least its one a day, 2 til 4 every day!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I have a full 8 days before my final exam. Nice one! First hanging of that one...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Got away with not having any in the RDS last year, but this year I have 4 out of 5 there :( Besides that, it's a good timetable. Nice and spread out, worst exam last, and they're all on from 2 til 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

The School of Medicine is always so annoyingly disorganised. My timetable's not up yet, and now I'm dying to know when I'm done. Gah.

bythewoods wrote: »
    The School of Medicine is always so annoyingly disorganised. My timetable's not up yet, and now I'm dying to know when I'm done. Gah.
    Kinda disappointing-I got the email and read the message before seeing who it was and knew it was you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Science timetable's pretty fair if you ask me. Seems better spread out from what I've heard about previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Groinshot wrote: »
    Kinda disappointing-I got the email and read the message before seeing who it was and knew it was you...

I love a good whinge, I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

bythewoods wrote: »

What year ya in?

Edit: Off topic, I know

Shes in first year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

Groinshot wrote: »
    Shes in first year.

ah ok, thanks for answering, was just wondering coz I'm in 1st med

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Immensely frustrating how subject choice for a single course can mean some people have all their exams over the space of a week and a bit and others have nearly the full four weeks over which to complete them.

Ah well; at least I know when I'm finished now.

Also beware caching when trying to check your timetable; for reasons I don't quite understand I had to switch browsers to view my timetable as Adobe Reader (or Chrome) was caching an older version of the timetable from within Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭thebossanova

3rd Year CS = 11 exams in 3 weeks! Poor bastards.

YAY SEMESTERISATION!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

6 exams in two weeks, least I've ever had by far. And getting 40 is the same as getting 100. Yeah baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

5pm 5th May: SUMMERTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Tarka

Eep
    4 exams in 4 days to start, 11 exams in 21 days. Thanks for that, exam office.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

SO...I have an exam in something which we were told we would not be examined in...i hope it's a mistake. It was meant to be an assignment which counted for 100% of the module and was told that in writing by the lecturer (the module was completed at christmas) and now this shock!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

5 exams in 3 weeks... not bad :)

Thirdfox wrote: »
    5 exams in 3 weeks... not bad :)
    Thought I saw you say somewhere else that you were sophister law? How do you only have 5 exams?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 technogoblin

dissertation and five ten credit subjects = five exams.

Advertisement