Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Timetables 2010

Options
  • 06-03-2010 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has any idea when we can expect to see them. There's just over a month (five weeks) left in this semester (or "term" for you old fogies!;)), we should be seeing them fairly soon, I should hope...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

I was told "early to mid March" when I asked the examinations office a couple of weeks ago. I'd be surprised if we don't see them before the end of this coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭CJTobin

Sounds about right, and definately along the lines of my initial guesswork.

Thanks for the input, Ronivek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Would anyone have a rough estimate for the dates of the exams? Specifically, if you could, for second year BESS?

No exact dates, but the exam period lasts from April 26th until May 21st. You'll likely finish up well in advance of the 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Lol @ Trinity News article, BESS people have to do exams, noooooooo?!!?!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

just-joe wrote: »
    Lol @ Trinity News article, BESS people have to do exams, noooooooo?!!?!?!?

Sure they've already got a tonne of CA done anyway, try summer exams worth 80 - 90% of the whole shebang.

Bloody arts-heads, what are they like?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

No word yet then? I take it we should be expecting an email.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Jammyc wrote: »
    No word yet then? I take it we should be expecting an email.

Nah, they usually send it out by messenger owl...

But seriously, I know some schools/departments send out the timetables by email once they become available form the Examinations Office. Otherwise you can always check the examinations timetable link on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Im starting to get quite annoyed at this stage that they still havnt been posted!

Id like to know fairly soon! Leaving/junior cert have them the start of january with their exams not till may, why cant we have our timetables by the start of march at least!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

CJTobin wrote: »
    No exact dates, but the exam period lasts from April 26th until May 21st. You'll likely finish up well in advance of the 21st.

Cheers mate, that's actually a big help. :)

• Advertisement

Apparently the new term structure will force some changes on the timetable compared to last year. And mid-march is the 'date' being set for release.

The beginning of next week so?

Hopefully we'll have them by at least the end of next week, I'm starting to get anxious at this stage!

Looking at some of the MSc. timetables I think a month before the exams start isn't an unrealistic expectation; so I'm thinking it might not be until the week after next.

It's extremely irritating when you have a solid month you can't plan for; especially with employment/travel opportunities and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dabh

The pattern in recent years is that the timetable has come out between 6 and 8 weeks before the start of exams. Depends on what problems develop. Of course this year, with semesterization and wholesale changes in course and examination structures...

Relevant people in departments have been scrutinizing draft timetables, which normally happens about a week before publication. And the Exams Office needs to get timetables out before the exam papers start coming in for photocopying. So publication next week seems plausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I think one of my lecturers mentioned earlier this week that he'd be sending in the exam format into the exams office yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Mark200 wrote: »
    I think one of my lecturers mentioned earlier this week that he'd be sending in the exam format into the exams office yesterday.

Most (and I think all) of the Maths lecturers had their papers submitted to the external examiner before reading week.

Soo... how about that lack of timetable..

I'm putting my money on the second half of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

We got an email last Thurs saying it would be out "next week or shortly thereafter"

Jev/N wrote: »
    We got an email last Thurs saying it would be out "next week or shortly thereafter"

Meaning this week early next, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

CJTobin wrote: »
    Meaning this week early next, right?

Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Grrr where are they?? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sd2002

Considering we have to sit our exams 3 weeks early, it's only fair that staff should have to work that little bit harder too to get timetables out earlier than usual.

But, as always, students seem to be a mere afterthought:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Tarka

Getting frustrated by all this now. Got Pavement to be going to over the exam period, really wanna know if they're on the eve one or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Apparently they should be out Monday afternoon (ish), according to an email from the education officer. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 technogoblin

Tarka wrote: »
    Getting frustrated by all this now. Got Pavement to be going to over the exam period, really wanna know if they're on the eve one or not.

Agreed, I need to know if i can go see flight of the conchords. blast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

This is just stupid. Our exams are less than a month away and we have no idea what our timetable is like. How am I meant to cram efficiently with this lack of information?

will somebody less apathetic than me please organise a protest. or an email of venom.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

This is just stupid. Our exams are less than a month away and we have no idea what our timetable is like.

Sorry to be the voice of reason, but the exam period begins April 26th...so there's actually over 5 weeks to go! Hooray for more study time. But yeah, would be nice to see the timetable now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

5 whole weeks?? ah sure take their time so!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

The timetables should be released on Monday afternoon.

Advertisement