Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jonny Logan is such a knob

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

A has-been who has had to resort to hanging around equally sad football clubs to raise his profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

stovelid wrote: »
    A has-been who has had to resort to hanging around equally sad football clubs to raise his profile.

Are you also a has been who has had to resort to message boards to have his views on other has beens aired?

Are you also a has been who has had to resort to message boards to have his views on other has beens aired?

That would suggest I was once a Eurovision-standard poster which, regrettably, was never the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

So you're saying you've NEVER criticised an entertainer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭vodafoneproblem

It looked like he went rummaging through Dumbledore's wardrobe to find that jacket. That said, I met him once years ago and he was pretty nice. Hmm, I should have put that in the celebs you've met thread. I liked his pretty honest criticism of the songs, by the way, though I can't believe Niamh Kavanagh is going to lower herself to go back to the Eurovision with that pretty mediocre song. I'll be watching through my fingers when the voting starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 theneilmobile

oooh lots of posts i should have checked this sooner. Okay well i don't know if anyone else noticed but it definitely seemed to me that Marty Whelan was finding him funny too, especially that time he got up off his chair, got down on his hunkers, put his head in his hands and mentioned how he can't believe how he's got to get a flight in the morning, i mean seriously, does that not strike anyone as being just a teeny bit odd.

And im not begrudging Johnny Logan anything, I just get the impression that he's got a massive ego. Within a few minutes of him coming on he mentioned how he sold 16 million records and how sing a wide range of octaves. Lots of other celebrities have big ego's too, they just don't come across as being such knobs. Yep, Johnny's a special one alright

For the record my normal Friday night doesn't consist of watching the late late, but I do go home the odd weekend and sit with my parents while the late late is on. Anyway, I found it all very entertaining, unintentional comedy is sometimes the best, its why Hard to Kill is one of my favourite films :D

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

Yea I think the Celebrity Threads are in the Gutter section of this boards. There are lots of people who love to have a swipe at these people.

I can't see anything wrong with Johnny Logan, ok he did go on a bit about the R.T.E treated him over the years, but he's still the King of the Eurovision. He admitted himself in the early years he made mistakes and he was badly managed. He also spoke of the stupid partying he'd done for years.

All & all he has made a good recovery and I think he still looks well and good luck to him.... The trouble in our little Republic,some people just hate to see some people getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

It looked like he went rummaging through Dumbledore's wardrobe to find that jacket. That said, I met him once years ago and he was pretty nice. Hmm, I should have put that in the celebs you've met thread. I liked his pretty honest criticism of the songs, by the way, though I can't believe Niamh Kavanagh is going to lower herself to go back to the Eurovision with that pretty mediocre song. I'll be watching through my fingers when the voting starts.

I know...they keep saying what a great ballad it is etc but it does nothing for me. Honestly I think we could have the greatest song of all & still have little chance of winning. Yes we have a history of doing fantastic in this competition but unfortunately that doesn't mean with the right song we'll walk it. Things have changed. Oops off topic there!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The trouble in our little Republic,some people just hate to see some people getting on.
    The trouble in our little republic: some people can't express their valid opinions that they dislike someone without being told they're "begrudgers". Seriously, some people simply think he's sh1t - is that really so hard to believe? Plus, it's not like he's that much of a success story...

I'm not a "begrudger" but if I was, I'd clearly be obliged to find somebody a little more talented to begrudge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement