Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jonny Logan is such a knob

Options
  • 06-03-2010 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hahahahahaahaha, did anyone just see Jonny Logan on the late late, oh my god what a knob. I think he thinks he's a god. Every time he talked i was cringing. And at the end of his song trying to do that high note and then he comes back and says 'Sorry im showing off'. No really, does he actually think he's that great or is he a comic genius that's a million times better than Ricky Gervais at making people cringe. And whats with constantly mentioning that he has to go to the airport tomorrow, I think he wants fans to show up there to enhance his ego further. Anyone want to go there and point and laugh??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

Hahahahahaahaha, did anyone just see Jonny Logan on the late late, oh my god what a knob. I think he thinks he's a god. Every time he talked i was cringing. And at the end of his song trying to do that high note and then he comes back and says 'Sorry im showing off'. No really, does he actually think he's that great or is he a comic genius that's a million times better than Ricky Gervais at making people cringe. And whats with constantly mentioning that he has to go to the airport tomorrow, I think he wants fans to show up there to enhance his ego further. Anyone want to go there and point and laugh??

And other performers don't have large ego's? Surely part of the package of wanting to perform is to believe in onesself and ahve a large ego? Does not every performer from madonna to twink not have a large ego.

The problem with that oxymoron, the celebrity culture, is that we are not content with just enjoying a performance, but we want to know what colour knickers the performer wears etc.

And so, here , you are not content to enjoy his performance or not, but you have to attack him, call him names and make up what you imagine is his mindset.

There is a certain irony in you castigating him for having an ego, but he didn't call anyone names (you did) nor was he rude and personal about anyone (you were). Your personal attacks on someone you don't know say more about they type of person you are likely to be than, perhaps, you'd like to reveal.

Still, its good to know that irish begrudgery and chippiness is still alive and well. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

haha you spent your Friday night watching the Late Late show! That's almost as sad as Jonny Logan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

Hahahahahaahaha, did anyone just see Jonny Logan on the late late, oh my god what a knob.

Yes, I did see him. He was fantastic.
    I think he thinks he's a god.

I doubt he thinks that:)
    Every time he talked i was cringing. And at the end of his song trying to do that high note and then he comes back and says 'Sorry im showing off'.

If he was showing off, and in your opinion he was, at least he apologised about it.:)
    No really, does he actually think he's that great or is he a comic genius that's a million times better than Ricky Gervais at making people cringe.

Ricky Gervais is a comedian, Johnny Logan is a singer.
    And whats with constantly mentioning that he has to go to the airport tomorrow, I think he wants fans to show up there to enhance his ego further. Anyone want to go there and point and laugh??

Johnny Logan is a highly talented singer, so I think if anyone did show up at the airport they would be cheering him on, certainly not pointing and laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

And other performers don't have large ego's? Surely part of the package of wanting to perform is to believe in onesself and ahve a large ego? Does not every performer from madonna to twink not have a large ego.

The problem with that oxymoron, the celebrity culture, is that we are not content with just enjoying a performance, but we want to know what colour knickers the performer wears etc.

And so, here , you are not content to enjoy his performance or not, but you have to attack him, call him names and make up what you imagine is his mindset.

There is a certain irony in you castigating him for having an ego, but he didn't call anyone names (you did) nor was he rude and personal about anyone (you were). Your personal attacks on someone you don't know say more about they type of person you are likely to be than, perhaps, you'd like to reveal.

Still, its good to know that irish begrudgery and chippiness is still alive and well. :P

Jesus, get a grip!!

Just because someone doesn't like a particular celebrity does not mean that they are a begrudger - now who's throwing his tarring brush around the place.

And for what it's worth I agree with the OP. I'll never forget the time I saw him sing that fecking song, I don't know the name of it 'Hold me now......'

And he paused towards the end to say "Do you want fries with that"

**Vomit**

I also have it on good authority that he's an ignorant pig too!! Wouldn't surprise me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Anyone want to go there and point and laugh??

Off with ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

I think Johnny always feels that he has to be a little special in Ireland.

I don't think he ever got the bounce that those Eurovisions gave to some other performers and there is a definite need to be a little superior as a result.

I'll be staying in the Hilton in Oslo performing for the King and Queen of Norway if anyone wants to reply. :D

peanuthead wrote: »

I also have it on good authority that he's an ignorant pig too!!

We are all ignorant of many things, even you. To call someone an "ignorant pig" merely exposes your bias, and name calling isn't debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I normally like Jonny Logan, but he came across last nite as being

a) bitter about the argument with RTE, which it wasnt really the show for talking about that.

b) self indulgent with his talk of "Norway in the morning", finishing note of the song, talk of singles he'd sold, places he'd played, all the Eurovisions he's won.

Like I said, I normally like him and he's a good singer, but he was a bit too much last nite. Lost a bit of respect for him actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 scarecrow00

i duno hes a little bit dated especialy style wise, altho i do think the black jacket was better then the white.

did any1 notice that when tubrity was interviewing michael ball about hairspray, he just did not understand at all the pints that michael was making about the character.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

What's another beer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

And for what it's worth I agree with the OP. I'll never forget the time I saw him sing that fecking song, I don't know the name of it 'Hold me now......'

And he paused towards the end to say "Do you want fries with that"

**Vomit**

Lol that was for an ad for some fast food joint...they hired a few singers including Logan to do skits.

I met him and he was really sound and he definitely didn't act like he was a God...I know loads of people who have met him and no-one has a bad word to say about him. I didn't see him on tv but it sounds like he was acting like a different person:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭2manyconditions

I'm not a huge Jonny Logan fan - he comes across as a bit too much for me for the 'up himselfness' factor - just my opinion.

Though he did have a hand to play in winning the Eurovision 3 times for some reason (maybe the type of music he makes) he just doesn't have the same fan base here as he seems to have in Europe. I wouldn't say its exclusively his attitude.

I do agree with JonathanAnon's a) comment RE: bitterness at RTE.

I saw him on Player on the Saturday night show on a few weeks ago and he was very upset at the way RTE was treating him wrt interviews for the late late - so to my mind - he should be a little bit more professional perhaps at these interviews where he agrees to give himself some publicity and then knocks the crew who provides that.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

He was soo annoying, how many times in an hour can you say your going to Oslo??

The state of the jacket, that high note, the way he kept referring to himself after every song....he was the pites!
    OK I know he won a few Eurovisions, and, totally fair play to him, but omg, he was so annoying!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 muppet26

love him! I'l be at the airport tomorow for sure, thanks for letting me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jinka

Mayoegian wrote: »

If he was showing off, and in your opinion he was, at least he apologised about it.:)

Johnny Logan is a highly talented singer, so I think if anyone did show up at the airport they would be cheering him on, certainly not pointing and laughing.

You really need to get a grip mate

Anybody with a sense of humour which is something you are lacking from your post could see he was really cringey!
    I was in a room full of people who thought he was ott and everybody was laughing at him. Yes i'm sure he can sing and perform but it was indeed like watching a comic genius taking the pi*s.
    Are you related to him or his number one fan?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Mayoegian wrote: »

Howya Johnny. You back from Oslo already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Actually, I think Johnny Logan was fantastic last night. A lot of common sense talked too.

We are all ignorant of many things, even you. To call someone an "ignorant pig" merely exposes your bias, and name calling isn't debate.

Run along to specsavers, buy yourself a nice pair of glasses, then re-read my post and tell me where I called him an ignorant pig.
    greenie wrote: »
    Lol that was for an ad for some fast food joint...they hired a few singers including Logan to do skits.

I met him and he was really sound and he definitely didn't act like he was a God...I know loads of people who have met him and no-one has a bad word to say about him. I didn't see him on tv but it sounds like he was acting like a different person:confused:

Ah he's probably grand normally, my friend just got him on a bad day!! Although he seems to have a lot of them!!

I also have it on good authority that he's an ignorant pig too!! Wouldn't surprise me!!

The above quote would seem to be the one where you call him an ignorant pig.

The above quote would seem to be the one where you call him an ignorant pig.

You obviously didn't buy those glasses then:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

Ah look he was cringe worthy and most of the contry saw it, boo hoo, I think he looked ridiculous tryin to be all hip hop and happenin with his 2010 version of hold me now, reminds me of the embarrasing dad or uncle tryin to dance at a function, as for the high note (facepalm), as for the messages of love to the country (he seem to come across like we were all just waiting to be told he loved us)

end of he seems to be goin all chris de burgh and william shattner on us, completely cookoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jinka

I'd bet he hate it if Niamh won it for a second time, taking some of his glory.

Whatever about him off tv he was embarrassing on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

Oh my God he was just SHOCKING! Thank God it wasnt just me who thought it!:)
    Myself and my OH watched it (Sad I know!) and we just laughed through it - how many times can he mention winning the Eurovision - he must have actually said it at least 100 times in such a short time! I think I actually fell asleep when he was talking at one stage!:cool::P

All I kept thinking was "Why me!?!?!?" Ha - Get it!!!:P:P:P:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

i see what ya did there goldenlady, impressive :)

i also thought that he came across like he had all the love we could all need in his heart and if he could only emphasise that enough then maybe, just maybe we could feel it, give me a break, it was real car crash telly if ya ask me :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

I am reading this thread with amazement. Amazement that there are so many sad people in this country who actually sit down on a friday night to watch the Late Late Show. Have ye got any lives? No wonder we have the Government we have with vegetables like these voting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

so you were content to enjoy his performance then??? you'd be the only one, sitting in the rafters floating on cloud nine. dispense with the whole psycho-anylithical, we're all choking on our own cynicism, Im currently in Trinity fininshing my degree, CRAP. we've heard it all before. The man is away with the fairies, and does very much resemble has-been wanna be rock god archetype, something from a steve coogan or "ricky gervais" sketch. The OP is right on the money, just stay off the scene johnny and salvage a little dignity with your euro-trophies. I met him twice before and my mate flew next to him years ago going to spain, he's not rude and loves a drink, but he does come accross as a knob. A performer who can only exist in a country who's answer to X factor is FEIRM FACTOR!! sounds like a father ted sketch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

forget those on this thread that didn't get your ricky gervais reference, it was right on the button. He's like the alan partidge of the irish euro scene, he was cool in 1980 something, maybe for a month or two. ohhhh dont slag jonny off, he's irish royalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

j1974 wrote: »
    forget those on this thread that didn't get your ricky gervais reference, it was right on the button. He's like the alan partidge of the irish euro scene, he was cool in 1980 something, maybe for a month or two. ohhhh dont slag jonny off, he's irish royalty.

He was not cool in 1980 not even for a nano second

Are we clear about that.

j1974 wrote: »
    so you were content to enjoy his performance then??? you'd be the only one, sitting in the rafters floating on cloud nine. dispense with the whole psycho-anylithical, we're all choking on our own cynicism, Im currently in Trinity fininshing my degree, CRAP. we've heard it all before. The man is away with the fairies, and does very much resemble has-been wanna be rock god archetype, something from a steve coogan or "ricky gervais" sketch. The OP is right on the money, just stay off the scene johnny and salvage a little dignity with your euro-trophies. I met him twice before and my mate flew next to him years ago going to spain, he's not rude and loves a drink, but he does come accross as a knob. A performer who can only exist in a country who's answer to X factor is FEIRM FACTOR!! sounds like a father ted sketch.

I'm afraid that I don't have a tv, and even if I did I think it unlikely I'd have seen it.

He may be a good or dreadful performer, I really have no idea. But that's no excuse to call him names.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

When people get on their high horses about various individuals in the public eye being criticised and resort to calling the critics, who are merely expressing their opinions, "begrudgers" I presume this only applies when they like the person being criticised?

Or do they consider themselves begrudgers, jealous, bitter and out of order when they themselves find fault with someone in the public eye?

Advertisement