Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More break-ins in Bray area

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Jammyc wrote: »
    Apparently another 6 broken into in Kindlestown park in Greystones and 3 near the Burnaby. Typical, yis get rid of em and send em out our way!:P

I heard Gratten Pk too over the weekend ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

lucy2010 wrote: »
    I heard Gratten Pk too over the weekend ...
    Kilcoole & Newtown too. Heard people fiddling with our door at about 3 the other morning. Was the same day as the others got broken into. Scary stuff!

Jammyc wrote: »
    Kilcoole & Newtown too. Heard people fiddling with our door at about 3 the other morning. Was the same day as the others got broken into. Scary stuff!

Just everyone who has an alarm remember to put it on - It may not deter them but if its not on & listed on your insurance policy the insurance wont pay out ....

Just heard another one today on the avenue in Richmond pk. Poor lady buried her husband last week, the house was then ransacked & was broken into again today. Another neighbour who was minding house saw window open , went in & closed. Saw it was open again 2 min later - they were there when she went in.. Guy was seen jumping into a red car speeding away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Apologies, only getting around to posting this now.

On Friday night I was in the house alone after my boyfriend left at 7.50. At 8pm my doorbell rang, I went out and saw this woman shoving something up against the glass of the porch. It was a Detective from the Bray Guards. She had a got a call about a suspicious car outside my house and wanted to check that everything was ok as there had been a number of break ins in the estate including our own house as she pointed out.

To cut a long story short,there was a bit of confusion, my boyfriend had just called the guards but didn't tell me. He just wanted to let them know that there was a guy in a car outside my house that he'd never seen before acting a bit suspiciously, had been sitting outside for a while with no lights on in the car and was just sitting there looking around. He didn't tell me because he didn't want to frighten me as he knows i'm a bit nervous since our break in 3 weeks ago.

So fair play to the guards for coming up immediately. Both the Bean Garda and the driver were plain clothed and came up in an un-marked car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Not necessarily a break-in as such but a trespass on private property.

Happened this morning at a house in Putland Villas. An individual was seen at around 6.00am at the front of a house and climbing over the side wall to reach the back garden. Individual was approached in back garden and he was clearly shocked to have been found there. Said he that he was living in Newcourt Road. Made it over the back wall into the sports field of Presentation College. He proceeded along the back walls of the houses along Newcourt Road and disappeared at the Newcourt entrance/exit of the sports fields. Incident has been reported but be vigilant.

The guy was wearing a black jacket and dark trousers. Had shoulder-length brown hair and wears glasses. Age difficult to assess but youngish. Height not more than 5'7.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Sorry to drag up a thread from last year but reading through this made me quite worried and the people involved in this thread might know the answer to my question!

Just wondering are these robberies still ongoing or has it all died down these days? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Not heard anything lately from our neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Burglary is down 10% in Bray year on year from Feb to Feb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 up on the downside

Had the Gardai up to my house today - car was broken into last night. They tried to take it for a joyride as it's an old car and easy to steal. This is the third time they've targeted my car. First it was a window then, it was a mirror ( checking for alarm) then last night they bent the door open and tried to break the steering lock. They wreaked the whole ignition and broke the actual steering wheel of the column. Another car had it's drivers lock busted and a jeep was keyed all along the side. Many other incidents happening. In fact residents association are now saying we are getting at least one incident every three nights. Gardai told me to report everything as it will build a picture and give the supt. more of a reason to put my estate on a patrol route. There are 2 cars out patrolling most nights and the Gardai are only too obliging to get after these thugs. The Guards that came to see me were absolute stars - very helpful, courteous and polite. My estate has always had to deal with burglaries as it's near woods and has many different escape routes, we are on the outskirts of Bray south. The estate itself is fairly quite and non exciting in a good way. However, the last year and a half have seen a tenfold increase in car incidents and house burglaries - all the activity seems to be in the early hours , like 3am.

• Advertisement
Advertisement