Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protest in March. Donate.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

i have a bunch of baby shoes if anyone wants them - daughter has very small feet and will not get to use most of the ones i have been given. I am in kildare and can meet if someone wants to arrange it, just pm me.
    while i support the idea that the rcc needs out of our schools and there should be a lot of them clogging up our prisons and courts right now i am not sure that a march on a weekday is a great idea, also your objective is not too clear.
    but good luck with it.
    ps. i do not find you language offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Arcus Arrow

lynski wrote: »
    i have a bunch of baby shoes if anyone wants them - daughter has very small feet and will not get to use most of the ones i have been given. I am in kildare and can meet if someone wants to arrange it, just pm me.
    while i support the idea that the rcc needs out of our schools and there should be a lot of them clogging up our prisons and courts right now i am not sure that a march on a weekday is a great idea, also your objective is not too clear.
    but good luck with it.
    ps. i do not find you language offensive.

Thanks. I'll send you a PM and see what we can arrange. I'm not sure if I know anyone up that way.

If anybody can go to charity shops or if anybody has old unwanted childrens or baby shoes send me a pm. The condition of the shoes does not matter. All you need is some black ribbon to go with them.

In your own area on the day if you have old shoes and some black ribbon hang them up somewhere they can be seen.

After the shoes are hung take a photo, record the location and send me a PM.

Of course we do not encourage littering or placing shoes where the breaking of any law would be involved.

Hello, does anyone know how to contact people like Gabriell Byrne and Brenda Fricker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

I started reading the thread thinking- great i'll be there- then you ended by just looking for money not for marchers? P.s. i don't think a march just to remind people is any use! Rather a March aimed at having the @Primate' (lol) charged for not reporting a crime!

I started reading the thread thinking- great i'll be there- then you ended by just looking for money not for marchers? P.s. i don't think a march just to remind people is any use! Rather a March aimed at having the @Primate' (lol) charged for not reporting a crime!

Unfortunately organising a march like anything else costs money for practical reasons.

If you can march all the better since being there physically says more than an amount of money in a bank account. Most of the expenses have been met by people digging into their own pockets.

There are so many issues it's hard to pick just one. All the bishops Gardai and politicians who took part in the cover up should be facing criminal chagres. The whole system is rotten to the core. Lots of people in this country think "something" should be done while not doing anything themselves. That's just the kind of country this is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Irishlady99

The protest is organised on a week day - I'd consider going if it was the weekend and Sinead O'Connor was involved as I think she's a nut.

Also, why not get some more reputable people behind it. Colm O'Gorman for example.

Sinead is not a nut. You obviously know NOTHING about her! I say bravo to her for having the courage to once again take this issue on.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Blueboyd

Who cares if she is a nut or not - stupid is as stupid does, says Forest Gump's mama.

Besides when she spoke of church child abuse it was 1992 while we others were still s***ting in our pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Irishlady99

Blueboyd wrote: »
    Who cares if she is a nut or not - stupid is as stupid does, says Forest Gump's mama.

Besides when she spoke of church child abuse it was 1992 while we others were still s***ting in our pants.

Actually, no I was in my 20ties. You little babies know nothing about her. Just leave her alone and lets get to the cause. Calling her names takes away from what is important.

babies LOL

When she tore up the Popes picture all those years ago I admired what she did. The Papacy is a poisonous institutions and it always will be. Tearing up the Popes picture wouldn't look so odd now. She's not perfect by any means but who is?

I can't help wondering where are the likes of Bono and Geldof shouting from the rooftops about something that is happening right here? If it happened in the 3rd world would they be holding concerts for the victims and asking to meet world leaders to demand a solution to the issue?

Here is Sinead on TV3 this week after it appears she's taken considerable trouble to study the whole issue.
    http://www.tv3.ie/videos.php?video=20757&locID=1.65.74&date=2010-03-23&date_mode=1&page=1&show_cal=2&newspanel=&showspanel=1&web_only=&full_episodes=

• Advertisement

Difficult to admit anything for someone who is infallible - or so the doctrine says

Vatican - it is a house of cards - and they know it

I'm not denying the exsitence of God but anybody who says he/she knows anything about God or says this text is from God and that not - is a liar

Talking about name calling - I really love Sinéad - I do - but when she became a priest I started to call her "the Little-Vatican" - even if I do understand it is sort of a cultural attempt for her to renew the Frucked up church - but in my eyes what has any church to do with God. There is more God in an ant nest than in the RCC or in any other religion.

But I wish the best of luck for the march. Am not in town so can't be there but I hope lots of people come. We all help in the ways that suits us best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

There is more God in an ant nest than in the RCC or in any other religion.

Not technically true. There is precisely the same amount.

Not technically true. There is precisely the same amount.

True - put the ants haven't hidden it...

edit: from themselves

Plowman wrote: »
    Genuine question here. What religion (if any) is Sinead O'Connor?

Beats me!

As it happenes she didn't turn up nor did Ivan Bacik or the FG TD. There were about 70 to 100 people alltogether. The papers have not covered it very well that I'm aware so far. The Pro was crawling with media but a lot of this stuff ends up a file footage.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0325/1224267012096.html

(The quote about the 147 pairs is wrong. There were 1000 pairs brought of which I'm estimating about 300 were actually hung on the railings of the Pro and the Dail. The ones on the Pro were hung around 11.30 am and the attached photo (attached) was taken about 4.30pm when they were still there. While people were hanging them a priest entering the Pro hissed "crap, crap, crap".... :D)

I bought the shoes to try to establish the symbol of children’s shoes on black ribbon as a protest symbol against the child rape torture and its cover up by the CCL (Catholic Church Limited.) Anyone anywhere can take old children’s shoes and hang them on doorknobs lamp posts or hold them up with black mourning ribbon wherever Herr Ratzinger or one of his lackeys is parading. They can also be left right in the church during mass.....(more on that later).

FXR

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

She answers you in the last pragraph :)

She answers you in the last pragraph :)

I actually think that in some ways the most effective critics of religion are religious people. I think they often do a lot more damage from the inside. If your'e an atheist everything you say can be dismissed as an outside attack.

I actually think that in some ways the most effective critics of religion are religious people. I think they often do a lot more damage from the inside. If your'e an atheist everything you say can be dismissed as an outside attack.

yeah we humans are great ones giving labels to dismiss what the other person is saying.

leftist, rightwing bigot, liberal, secular, atheist, mad-woman, terrorist, fundamentalist etc.

yeah we humans are great ones giving labels to dismiss what the other person is saying.

leftist, rightwing bigot, liberal, secular, atheist, mad-woman, terrorist, fundamentalist etc.

One wonders where all the famous Irish campaigners who are so prominent on the world stage. Ignoring decades of child rape, torture, slave labour and abuse carried out on the country’s children is like the Jews pretending the Holocaust was an inconvenient revelation that might just go away if it's ignored.

It's Friday afternoon. The march was on Wednesday but still the front of the Pro Cathedral is lined with childrends shoes. They should have been taken down by now but they've been left there so far. A few people have started to stop by and re-tie any loose shoes. A few more people have started to add shoes to the collection after asking what they were there for. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

Hi Arcus Arrow,

I'm wondering why you don't post this in the Christianity Forum. ( Granted, there are lots of threads in there at the moment ) but I imagine the mods wouldn't mind this particular one so long as it's a fyi format...

Actually, as a Catholic, I am quite appalled that you think we don't care. I care very much, I've done my share to try to help - and to be honest, I feel this generation of Catholics who have done nothing on anybody and are dealing with this changing society and still want to practice their faith are having to deal with it from all sides...

..still, there is nobody more than people like myself that would like to see some justice for the victims of abuse....

...You're forgetting us!

lmaopml wrote: »
    Hi Arcus Arrow,

I'm wondering why you don't post this in the Christianity Forum. ( Granted, there are lots of threads in there at the moment ) but I imagine the mods wouldn't mind this particular one so long as it's a fyi format...

Actually, as a Catholic, I am quite appalled that you think we don't care. I care very much, I've done my share to try to help - and to be honest, I feel this generation of Catholics who have done nothing on anybody and are dealing with this changing society and still want to practice their faith are having to deal with it from all sides...

..still, there is nobody more than people like myself that would like to see some justice for the victims of abuse....

...You're forgetting us!

I didn’t think you don't care. I was posting it what seemed to be the logical place. This problem does not stem from ordinary Catholics it comes form the Vatican. I don't have a problem with people who believe in a god. I know lots of them. I've worked with them, employed them and been employed by them.

As this unfolding scandal reveals there is something really rotten in Rome. I'll post this over there but I personally wouldn’t thing Catholics are going to go down to the Pro and start tying shoes up but I suppose you never know. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Hi Arcus Arrow,

...You're forgetting us!

I don't want to put words in the OP's mouth, but I doubt he thinks your average Catholic doesn't care. But having said that the mods over there run a pretty tight ship and there is a sticky right at the top of the forum ( http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055864782 ) stating that new posts to do with the clerical sex abuse may be "deleted without warning".

LOL...I'm awaiting deletion so...

I think that the mods are mods for a reason though...

What's a 'view', without two sides?

strobe wrote: »
    I don't want to put words in the OP's mouth, but I doubt he thinks your average Catholic doesn't care. But having said that the mods over there run a pretty tight ship and there is a sticky right at the top of the forum ( http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055864782 ) stating that new posts to do with the clerical sex abuse may be "deleted without warning".

I've asked the moderator over there. I don't doubt that a lot of people who consider themselves Catholic are disgusted with the hierarchy. I emailed Voice of the Faithful and they were very receptive. They were the only ones in fact who protested outside the Papal Legates house on the Navan road when it emerged he would not co-operate over the Murphy report.

I even think it's possible the shoes are still up there because of Archbishop Martin. A decade ago they'd have had to be sneaked onto the railings at night and they'd have been removed in no time.

But this has given me an idea for the Pro Cathedral.....:cool:

If your'e reading in Dublin this and you have some old childrens shoes and some black ribbon (or anyting else) why not head on down to the Pro Cathedral this weekend.

I didn’t think you don't care. I was posting it what seemed to be the logical place. This problem does not stem from ordinary Catholics it comes form the Vatican. I don't have a problem with people who believe in a god. I know lots of them. I've worked with them, employed them and been employed by them.

As this unfolding scandal reveals there is something really rotten in Rome. I'll post this over there but I personally wouldn’t thing Catholics are going to go down to the Pro and start tying shoes up but I suppose you never know. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi Arcus Arrow,

I think your underestimating us to be honest. I want to see justice for the victims. I'm only sorry that there isn't a legal buff who is interested in overturning the legislation.....This absolutely amazes me that we can't prosecute people who have committed a 'crime'...?? What's that all about...

I'd like to see a new society that is open fair and has 'choices'...The best choices are made freely imo...

However, I hate to see any kind of agenda put forward on behalf of the victims apart from 'justice' for them....I think most Catholics would be only too glad of seeing 'justice' for victims of abuse...and yes, we do feel let down...

How do we move forward without creating new bias? I don't know....

Hi Arcus Arrow,

I think your underestimating us to be honest. I want to see justice for the victims. I'm only sorry that there isn't a legal buff who is interested in overturning the legislation.....This absolutely amazes me that we can't prosecute people who have committed a 'crime'...?? What's that all about...

I'd like to see a new society that is open fair and has 'choices'...The best choices are made freely imo...

However, I hate to see any kind of agenda put forward on behalf of the victims apart from 'justice' for them....I think most Catholics would be only too glad of seeing 'justice' for victims of abuse...and yes, we do feel let down...

How do we move forward without creating new bias? I don't know....

The problem with the Roman Church is that it's not just a religious entity but a politicial one as well. It has our politicians in its grip. The real problem stems from the papacy. No human is designed to handle that much power or pomp.

How many of your fellow catholics do you think might head to the Pro Cathedral and hand a pair of shoes as a matter of interest?

I would say lots of us would if the 'result' was clear...

We don't wish to be preached to anymore than we already are....Being objective is a difficult thing these days....

....but we are and always have been, 'on the ground' interested in the victims and have played our part despite opinion - that's what we do....and always have..

I would say lots of us would if the 'result' was clear...

We don't wish to be preached to anymore than we already are....Being objective is a difficult thing these days....

....but we are and always have been, 'on the ground' interested in the victims and have played our part despite opinion - that's what we do....and always have..

I'll post it over there.
    I have to put it into one of the existing four threads rather than start a new one..

• Advertisement
Advertisement