Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play TV axed finally?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Even if the girls did a sexy dance or something...jiggle their boobs....anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Even if the girls did a sexy dance or something...jiggle their boobs....anything!

They're on City Channel Richard, entirely different scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Cannibal Killers on at Midnight and Graham Norton at 1am. Some quality programming instead of PlayTV..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It was being beamed in from Budapest :confused: Didn't know that.

This will make all laugh who haven't read it : http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-218419967.html
    Article: Confessions of a PlayTV girl; Model Lauren Bannon thought hosting a late night TV3 phone-in quiz would launch her TV career. Now, she reveals she was being conned as much as the viewers...(Features)
    Article from:The Mail on Sunday (London, England) Article date:February 7, 2010 Copyright Related articles

Byline: by Joanne Hegarty and Tanya Sweeney

A MALE voice crackled on the other end of the phone. The attractive quizmistress plastered on a smile while she waited to hear whether her caller had the right answer. When it's live television, every second of a pause can feel like an hour. Eventually, he whispered down the phone... well, suffice to say it was far too graphic for a family newspaper.

Blushing madly, Lauren Bannon quickly blurted out: 'That was not the answer I was looking for,' before briskly and professionally moving on to the next caller.

'I couldn't believe those words came out of his mouth but I just had to think quickly and move on,' she says.

After all, obscene phonecalls were common during Laura's time presenting TV3's interactive gameshow, PlayTV, every night between 1am and 4am.

The show has been the subject of growing rumblings in the past few months as complaints to the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI) about its ripping off the public mount up. These complaints prompted Lauren to quit the show and fly home from Budapest this weekend.

'I'm coming home because the show has had a lot of negative publicity and, also, I want to start a new adventure,' the 25-year-old reveals.

No doubt the nightly come-ons and slurs from leering callers during her six months at the show have played their part in the model's…

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

"launch her career"...jesus, how many times does that line get trotted out by these types...NUTS shoot on the way me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭Nollog

I hope they bring back cubed, the music thing.
    How long did that last anyway, a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

well, suffice to say it was far too graphic for a family newspaper.

I think I said this before The Mail on Sunday a Family Newspaper?????? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Cannibal Killers on at Midnight and Graham Norton at 1am. Some quality programming instead of PlayTV..

Surely not...:eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

JeanClaude wrote: »
    Surely not...:eek: :eek:

Well I was being sarcastic, but turns out Ricky Gervais and Ronnie Corbett were on it so it was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Well I was being sarcastic, but turns out Ricky Gervais and Ronnie Corbett were on it so it was very good.

Thought as much; the sarcasm went straight over my head..Sorry ..:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Remember something worse could replace this.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Remember something worse could replace this.............
    That is something than we do not want to contemplate.

Advertisement