Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Cross-post from the match thread.

It hurts. It hurts an awful lot.

The game was there to be won, and we didn't do it. Just small little things, the small margins games hinge on... I guess the crucial ones went Kilkenny's way and that is going to be painful for this team. I haven't watched the game back, but both Hickey's and TJ's interviews reflect that, they'll get no consolation from moral victories. Fcuk that. We lost and we easily could have won.

You can't talk about the game and not mention the conditions. They were absolutely horrendous. I don't think I've ever seen worse... Waterford-Limerick & Wexford-Limerick in 2009 were both fairly disgusting, but that was worse. The fact that we got such a good game in the conditions is testament to both teams... but you couldn't see, never mind control the ball/pick it up/shoot from distance. People saying players took the wrong option at times, and they did, but some of the over-passing was down to anything long being a huge lottery. It was impossible to win anything clean.

We were good though, we turned up, we gave a performance, we threw pretty much everything at them. Hannon had his best game for Limerick, he was sensational... 5 points from play, his work rate was immense too. But Dodge put in a huge shift in the first half, Breen made himself a nuisance; Dowling won ball and scored from play, Mulcahy scored a couple and was always an outlet. Browne was one man who did clean up a lot of ball.... Hickey & Richie Mc were inspirational at the back, Wayne was strong through the middle. Gavin had his best game of the season.... we did turn up.

Obviously KK did too, and their half-forward line did cause us problems. Mick Fennelly's ball-winning was their best outlet in the first half and the movement of Colin Fennelly & Padraig Walsh was excellent, they found space a little too easy. We kept most of the others well under wraps... Richie Hogan was good, but maybe not at the same level as the rest of the year, but still scored a goal and delivered the ball for the other one. He was prominent as anyone could be in those conditions, wasn't a day for fancy hurling. I was impressed by pretty much all of their backs... Dowling did have JJ in a bit of trouble at times, and obviously Hannon scored freely, but Brian Hogan was dropping deep to cover and he cleaned up a lot of ball as a result. Murphy & Holden were class.

The goals won them the game, they both came at crucial times. One before the break in a half where Limerick had definitely been the better team, but KK had missed some easy chances. And then in the midst of the huge downpour, Limerick had staged a revival, the crowd was going mental, momentum was well and truly with us... and they struck us dead with the 2nd goal. A stupid, stupid goal to concede... a bad foul, and just sloppy. And although there was loads of time left, conditions were so poor, there was never going to be loads of scores and we struggled.

The Kilkenny work rate was phenomenal, as was Limerick's. And that's what made it a great spectacle... but as we went to try and pull the game back, they hooked and blocked and closed down everything... hats off to them, the intensity they bring is class. I don't think they beat us in that department, but they kept going till the end. Limerick did take the wrong options at times, and I suppose that's why we lost.

We did need a goal to win, I think... but some of the goals we went for simply weren't on, should have taken a handy point. But KK could have got more goals, Power had drifted in behind when Shefflin went for a score; TJ Reid would have gone for goal from a free if he had to get one... I think Limerick did need a goal. The bounce of the ball didn't go our way at times, and sometimes the ball didn't just go to the right man. Tobin trying to lob the keeper instead of blasting it, Dodge catching the ball 3 times as he ran through, Tom Ryan overrunning it and handpassing to no one... not getting the real clinical goalscorers in a position like Richie Hogan took up for his.

The performance of Downes was a huge disappointment. A class player, I'm one of his biggest fans, but he just didn't do it... Tobin was better when he came on. And Downes is a goalscorer, we needed him in that department... but Mulcahy, Tobin, Dowling... all well capable of getting a goal, but they just didn't find the positions on the day. That little bit extra patience & nous was needed at times.

Dodge should have been sent off, I thought he was lucky to stay on the field for his first foul... a very wild swing. Absolutely no need for it, we were 2 points up, he was never going to win the ball, and we ended up conceding a goal. He probably should have been taken off then. In fairness, he showed serious legs for a man of his age to get back to Power, but it was a clear cynical foul, definitely a yellow card... don't know what the ref was thinking. And JJ should have been booked in the first half for a very similar offence on Dowling who had got in behind him... cynical fouls are a part of the game, I wouldn't be against black cards tbh.

Maybe not having a really strong bench hurt us, but the game could have been won by the players we did choose if they had just been a bit smarter at times. We didn't seem to have faith in Conor Allis, Niall Moran did nothing... I'd have had Tom Ryan a little earlier, maybe Cathal King too. But we don't have much in the way of forward subs bar Tobin, and that is something that will need to be rectified.

I feel sick. We're out. A year way from ending the long wait for an All-Ireland... and people will continue to write us off until we start winning these kind of games. The performance is all well and good, but you have to get results. There is hope. TJ's done really well, but you just feel desolate after that. But fair play to KK, they got the job done, they mightn't be the team they once were, but they can still win games... got crucial goals at crucial times and that was the difference.

:(

But Luimneach abú... I'm proud of the lads, they did the county as a whole proud. Our time will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭shockframe

Fireball07 wrote: »
    We'll get plenty of All-Star nominations, but there's no way we'll win more than 3 for not making the final. Dublin got 3 last year....

McCarthy is the best full-back in the country. The best at what he does, the best performers this year, and was a colossus again yesterday. Don't think any of the others deserve to get ahead of him barring two monster performances from someone left.

Hickey definitely deserves one too, and will get one, because he's always been a media favourite. Impressive in every game so far, and sensational in the air against KK.

And Dowling probably should get one. Our best forward against Tipp, electric against Cork, 2-3 from play against Wexford and very prominent again yesterday... won a load of ball and scored 0-2 from play.

I think Quaid has been up there as best keeper, but he won't get it. Wayne Mac will get a nomination but won't get it. Both midfielders will get a nomination but are unlucky that there are other class midfielders, Richie Hogan & Walsh/Kearney will end up getting it. Hannon will now get a nomination, but 2 good games won't be enough... Mulcahy will get a nomination too, but because we didn't reach the final, he won't get one- when you've got the likes of Cadogan, Bubbles, Callanan, Colin Fennelly, Horgan contending too.

Hickeys a cert I reckon. That Richie got one last year may go against him here so they may want to give an all star to someone else.

Hickey's display was probably one of the finest of any Limerick player since 1973, certainly I haven't witnessed better since 1994.

Browney7 wrote: »
    Absolute devastation is the only way I can describe yesterday. It was a game that had everything and we just couldn't land a knock out punch on Kilkenny yesterday.

We should all appreciate the mammoth effort those men in green put in yesterday and since January training in the wind and rain and we owe them a huge deal of gratitude. The commitment shown by every player yesterday to the jersey and to one another was immense.

I really thought when we went 2 points up we were going to do it. Some of the challenges we put in and just making life difficult for Kilkenny was something I've never seen from a team in green. Looking back on the game the desire shown from Kilkenny when we got it back to a one point game was just incredible. They blocked down I'd say five shots and it culminated in GOM hitting it straight into Richie Hogan.

A special word for Gavin O'Mahoney, Declan Hannon and Seamus Hickey. Three brilliant performances. Deccie really stood up yesterday and shot some wonderful scores and showed why we all think he's a special player. Seamus has had arguably his finest season in a green shirt and yesterday he was a giant in defence. As for GOM, there was plenty said about our half back line in the lead up to the game but they gave it everything they had and hurled like we know they can.

I said last year I doubted we would come back as strong after the Clare defeat and the boys proved me wrong. I hope they can kick on again next year. Moral victories and winning admirers and kind words like "your day will come" just don't cut it for this group of players.

It really was just the bounce of the ball in it yesterday and part of me thinks we have to get a bit of luck in Croke park at some stage. The Clare goal last year was like a scrum and yet when the same thing happened for us Kilkenny got it away. Power's overhead flick hit the net yet Dowling's was saved by Herrity. Such is sport as TJ said.

Would agree with all of that. Particularly KK's work rate, was in awe of that at times... but our lads worked their socks off too. But they went there to win, and to win an All-Ireland. Anything else has to be seen as failure, as it was last year.... and hopefully they will drive on again next year. But it'll be hard for someone like Dodge to commit again, and he was superb yesterday- really really good in the first half in particular.

Sport relies on small margins, and winning teams make sure they go their way. Maybe against Tipp, things went our way when it mattered... and they didn't yesterday. It's something to work on... but that feels like an age way now.

shockframe wrote: »
    Hickeys a cert I reckon. That Richie got one last year may go against him here so they may want to give an all star to someone else.

Hickey's display was probably one of the finest of any Limerick player since 1973, certainly I haven't witnessed better since 1994.

It shouldn't though, Richie is class and has been class all year. 4 games where he was excellent should be enough to get him an All-Star considering that Tipp have had problems at full-back, Cork have switched there's around too and JJ was beaten a good few times by Dowling yesterday, not to mention Galway getting joy from the direct route.

I actually thought Hannon was our best player yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭shockframe

It shouldn't though, Richie is class and has been class all year. 4 games where he was excellent should be enough to get him an All-Star considering that Tipp have had problems at full-back, Cork have switched there's around too and JJ was beaten a good few times by Dowling yesterday, not to mention Galway getting joy from the direct route.

I actually thought Hannon was our best player yesterday.

A lot depends on the semi final and final too. Shane O'neill has a bit of momentum behind him and JJ closed off Dowling in the 2nd half. A good final for a full back(or even a corner back) and the clamour for them to get an all star increases. What will help Ritchies chances if theres a disaster in the latter stages like O'Neill had last year in the replay.

Dowling has to have a great chance now aswell. Theres a lot of spectacular scores in his favour.

Have to say Paul Browne was excellent also.

Hannon gave a great display.Seems a lot more physical now as well.

• Advertisement

shockframe wrote: »
    A lot depends on the semi final and final too. Shane O'neill has a bit of momentum behind him and JJ closed off Dowling in the 2nd half. A good final for a full back(or even a corner back) and the clamour for them to get an all star increases. What will help Ritchies chances if theres a disaster in the latter stages like O'Neill had last year in the replay.

Dowling has to have a great chance now aswell. Theres a lot of spectacular scores in his favour.

Have to say Paul Browne was excellent also.

Hannon gave a great display.Seems a lot more physical now as well.

It's not been the place with the most stand-outs though. You are probably right, but Richie's performances have been fantastic.

Browne has been our best performer over the course of the whole year, he won't win one but he'll be very unlucky.

And Hannon does seem very physical, that shoulder he gave Holden was amazing. It's weird though, because he didn't look anything like that in his first 2 games..... can a change of position change a player that much??

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

sean mac wrote: »
    Limerick gaa will dine out on this theme of being the better team etc for the next 20 years, another chapter to unlimited heartbreak perhaps?
    The better team won.

Kicking a county when it's down.It doesn't get any classier than that.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I was delighted to see Hannon perform so well yesterday. My MotM. Best game I've ever seen from him and I was afraid he mightn't be able to deliver on the big stage - delighted to have been proved wrong.

Minors aren't out yet, we can still win an AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭letowski

Just like to say hard luck to ye guys, ye were excellent yesterday.. just that bit of luck deserted ye.

I know ye don't want to hear it now, but ye are very close to an AI team and will take some stopping next year. Over the last four years ye have being getting better and better. The class of minors coming through next year will bring ye on even more, and if ye can find a centre back (Wayne is a great lad but a wing back in fairness) ye'll be back in Croke Park next year again.

Id keep TJ too. I've being very impressed in how he has done. He plays to the teams strengths and gets the best out of the players. In terms of continuity it's important, especially as there are new really talented teenagers involved next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Cross-post from the match thread.

It hurts. It hurts an awful lot.

The game was there to be won, and we didn't do it. Just small little things, the small margins games hinge on... I guess the crucial ones went Kilkenny's way and that is going to be painful for this team. I haven't watched the game back, but both Hickey's and TJ's interviews reflect that, they'll get no consolation from moral victories. Fcuk that. We lost and we easily could have won.

......<snip>......

I feel sick. We're out. A year way from ending the long wait for an All-Ireland... and people will continue to write us off until we start winning these kind of games. The performance is all well and good, but you have to get results. There is hope. TJ's done really well, but you just feel desolate after that. But fair play to KK, they got the job done, they mightn't be the team they once were, but they can still win games... got crucial goals at crucial times and that was the difference.

:(

But Luimneach abú... I'm proud of the lads, they did the county as a whole proud. Our time will come.

I was going to say I'd thank this post twice if I could but luckily you posted it on the other thread so I thanked it there too!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

Hickey is a cert for an all star. Shut down every player he marked and gave the greatest exhibition of catching I have ever seen from any player ever yesterday. Potentially a nomination for HOTY even. Centre back next year? Richie will be up there, will probably get it. Wayne, the two mids, and Mulcahy will get nominations, maybe Hannon, but won't win. Dowling will win YHOTY, maybe an all star.

It's very early to be talking about it, but to win an All-Ireland next year, we definitely need to find a few more forward options. Seanie Tobin was the only real option in attack.... Tom Ryan is a decent hurler, but the fact that he's even being considered as a forward shows the lack of depth, he's a serious half-back/midfielder. And Allis... who knows with him?

An early campaign without any distractions, no management nonsense... we need to win promotion from the league, as well as blooding new players. TJ has to be ruthless, he has to cut those who will never make it, and find players who will be good enough. And we need to learn how to create and take goal chances on a regular basis.

Our lack of depth and no goals in our 2 biggest games were killers. We have some really talented young players, do we put faith in them now? Some re-jigging of the players we have may be necessary too.

Does Dodge give it another year? Must be tough for him.

It's very early to be talking about it, but to win an All-Ireland next year, we definitely need to find a few more forward options. Seanie Tobin was the only real option in attack.... Tom Ryan is a decent hurler, but the fact that he's even being considered as a forward shows the lack of depth, he's a serious half-back/midfielder. And Allis... who knows with him?
    David Reidy will hopefully see more game time next year. A player who intrigues me is John Fitzgibbon, Adare may have Dec Hannon and Wayne Mac but Fitzgibbon is the man who makes Adare tick. Great vision, good balance, strong, quick on the turn, bags of talent but unfortunately a bit small.

Hopefully a player or two stand out in the club championships when they resume.

Cian Lynch as a panel member next year perhaps?

I hope so, he's in good shape for a 34 year old, he minds himself well, still has the ability, but I suppose what you're asking is will he still have the appetite for it? Even if he no longer automatically starts he is an excellent option to have on the bench and he'd still get regular game time.

So what I got from the game yesterday was we were just about as good as kk but not quite good enough to drive it on and beat them. As gutting as yesterday was, the team emerged with huge credit especially given the first half of the year. No question but the management stay on, we now have to leave no stone unturned in search of improvement for next year. I hope we change things up in the league and create some competition for places.

Full back line, we have the best full back in Ireland. Condon didn't have his best year but will stay put. Hickey was incredible, the best defender in Ireland, but I'd like to have a look at him at 6 in the league. We know what he and Wayne can deliver in the positions they played this year, Give Hickey time at 6 with Wayne on the wing and see how it goes. I think we need to invest some time in Dempsey particularly in the corner. Walsh and Carmody too.

Half back, Gavin was back to somewhere near his best this game. He'll surely stay in place. Wayne stays, either at 5 or 6. We know what these guys bring though and Tom Ryan needs time here. Maybe King, Morrissey. Quaid? Paudie under pressure.

Midfield. Super this year but we can't expect them to keep playing 70mins and we need options here. Paudie and Ryan especially need some time here, maybe King and Allis too.

Half forward, thank god Hannon is back. Breen was good. Still fades out, good enough to stay and play 45 mins anyway but we know we need a sub for him. Dodge had a great first half yesterday, I think the swipe he got a yellow for was a sign he was out of puff (?), faded out v Cork too. Owes us nothing, but still has something to give. Staying and playing 50 mins or impact sub role, coming on for 20 mins for Breen? It's good enough for shefflin. After that I think we should move downes out half forward. He needs to be built up a bit again, he did best at half forward this year, he's a ball winner and if we're to start scoring goals he'll be instrumental. He'd be best at 11 really but it'd take a lot to move Hannon from there now. I'd still try Downes at 11 a few games and wing a few games. Allis and Reidy need time here again too.

Inside line Mulcahy and Dowling should both have all star nominations, both deliveredon their potential this year. Tobin next in line for the corner if Downes shifts out but it'd be nice if we had another option stepping up here. Kevin O'Brien impressed for the 21s and is worth time here. Fitzgibbon? Cian Lynch maybe, could still be too soon but players have come through younger.

Would be something if we could discover another gem somewhere like Harnedy or Eddie Brennan that didn't come through underage teams. Don't think it's out there though... Another year for the management to improve themselves too. Goal scoring is clearly a problem for us, I don't know if they really have the sophistication to get another 5% improvement in terms of playing style and patterns. They should add to the backroom team if they can get someone right. Chances of Kinnerk? 2016 and we can expect to see both Lynches starting, and D Dempsey, ALTC, English, Morrissey and a few more on the panel and pushing for places, but hopefully we can deepen the pool a bit next year and get on to the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

mickaleen wrote: »
    I would imagine Limerick will line out v KK with one change. O'Grady in for T Ryan. I think O'Grady should come in but I would have T Ryan play at 5 or 7. Take your pick as both have been poor in the past two matches. 7 in my view being the more obvious one. Conceded alot of possession v Wexford, one which cost us a goal. Also I think Condon is a liability in the corner. Up front Downes needs to find his radar again. If he does Limerick will have a very good forward unit. He hit 4 very poor wides the last day and two terrible wides v Cork. Anyway, apart from all that, Limerick are going to be a massive challenge for KK. Limerick by 2.
    Unfortunately for us I was proved correct. In the great scheme of things though I thought we were magnificent in most areas of the pitch. Two or three small tweaks to the team/panel for next year and we may well be climbing those steps of the Hogan. Well done Limerick, now kick on again next year and make us even more proud.

To conclude from my post above, I'd like the team next year to look something like:

Quaid
    Dempsey (Walsh, King, Carmody as options/cover)
    Richie
    Condon
    Wayne
    Hickey
    Gavin (wing cover: T Ryan, Morrissey, Paudie)
    Browne (impact sub: Paudie)
    J Ryan (i.sub: T Ryan)
    Breen (i.sub: Dodge)
    Downes/Hannon
    Hannon/Downes (cover/sub: Reidy/Allis)
    Mulcahy
    Dowling
    O'Brien/C Lynch/Tobin/Fitzgibbon

That's arguably a stronger team than this year with at least four subs up to the level of coming in from 50 mins on and making an impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

It still hurts...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭letowski

An early campaign without any distractions, no management nonsense... we need to win promotion from the league, as well as blooding new players. TJ has to be ruthless, he has to cut those who will never make it, and find players who will be good enough. And we need to learn how to create and take goal chances on a regular basis.

Our lack of depth and no goals in our 2 biggest games were killers. We have some really talented young players, do we put faith in them now? Some re-jigging of the players we have may be necessary too.

I would.

In my opinion, ye have 4 excellent scoring forwards in Hannon, Dowling, Downes and Mulcahy. Breen then, is yer ball winner/workhorse and brings balance to the attack. I thought DOG had a good season in the half forward line and wouldn't be surprised if he played well next year either (if he continues), but I think outside of Tobin ye don't have alot else.This was reflected in TJ being a little slow in using the bench and having to use Tom Ryan (a back) and Moran (formerly retired).

What ye have though, is a couple of super forwards coming out of minor and even O'Brien, the U21 full forward. Even if these kids don't start they will definitely give ye more options off the bench which is important and needed. Honestly though, I wouldn't be surprised if one or two started. I know from my own county, Davy gave Kelly, Galvin, Morey, Cunningham (all 2012) and O'Donnell (2013) their championship debuts straight out of minor and all of which coped really well. Young McDonald of Wexford didn't do too bad either this year.

I know it's easy to be reluctant to play the lads, as minor to senior is a big jump, but the way the game is developing into a more open high scoring game in recent years, I think it is becoming a bit easier for minors to make it as long as their good enough of course. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Limerick CLG is delighted to announce that TJ Ryan will continue in his role as Limerick Senior Hurling Manager for a further 3 year term.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Limerick CLG is delighted to announce that TJ Ryan will continue in his role as Limerick Senior Hurling Manager for a further 3 year term.

Best of luck to him. Had us very well prepared and could be preparing for a final had we got the break of a ball Sunday. 2015 is a huge year for us. Good to have a manager in place that will be able to get to bucket loads of club games to have a look at players.

Had a look back at the minor team from 2005 and from the match day squad the following players stepped up to senior: Tom Condon, Gavin O'M, Seamus Hickey, James Ryan and Richie Mc was on the bench. Vital that the minors from last year and this year get good experience at under 21 level and maybe involvement in the senior set up.

Do we reckon we'll have the same back room team? I know Clarke was picked in a hurry after the OGrady debacle but can see no reason why not?

• Advertisement

Browney7 wrote: »
    Do we reckon we'll have the same back room team? I know Clarke was picked in a hurry after the OGrady debacle but can see no reason why not?

Hopefully, I wouldn't mind some kind of a forwards coach maybe, despite having an abundance of talent in the forwards we don't score enough goals against the top teams.

Apart from that, leave the management team alone! Continuity would be nice for a change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Vanolder wrote: »
    It still hurts...

Yeah, and these opportunities won't come around every year. We have been very close over the last 2 seasons. Luck deserted us once again on Sunday, and the year before, never showed up. On our day, good enough to beat anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Rightwing wrote: »
    Yeah, and these opportunities won't come around every year. We have been very close over the last 2 seasons. Luck deserted us once again on Sunday, and the year before, never showed up. On our day, good enough to beat anyone.

So Kilkenny were lucky to win? Limerick unlucky lost to Cork too? Maybe Limerick were lucky to beat Tipp and Wexford? Good teams need little luck to win. They have the ability to win, something Limerick are short of.

Yawn, your anti-Limerick crusade is getting boring at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Amprodude wrote: »
    So Kilkenny were lucky to win? Limerick unlucky lost to Cork too? Maybe Limerick were lucky to beat Tipp and Wexford? Good teams need little luck to win. They have the ability to win, something Limerick are short of.
    You'd think you'd be looking forward to this weekends semi final rather than being so bitter towards other counties....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You'd think you'd be looking forward to this weekends semi final rather than being so bitter towards other counties....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Actually on closer inspection there's a bit of a theme developing if you look at his last 5 posts, seems very keen to disagree with and be dismissive of the views of one particular poster. The words "Let it go" come to mind...

Fixtures are up for the next round of the club championships, games taking place this Friday and next Tuesday in the SHC.

This Friday Kilmallock play Effin in Kilfinane; 6.45 throw in.

Next Tuesday; Na Piarsaigh v Granagh-Ballingarry in Askeaton, South Liberties v Ballybrown in Claughaun, and Doon v Knockainey in Caherconlish. All 6.45.

And a double header in the Gaelic Grounds! (Not enough double headers in the club championships). Murroe-Boher face Patrickswell (6:45) before Adare take on Ahane (8:15). A number of games this weekend in the two Intermediate championships as well.

I'm looking forward to that double header; should be two competitive games. Winners of Adare and Ahane will pretty much seal their place in the knockout phase and the losers of M/Boher Patrickswell will need a miracle to qualify.

If you haven't yet discovered the absolute gem of a website run by a stalwart of the now sadly defunct Milford GAA club, bookmark this page; http://www.milford.limerick.gaa.ie/limerick-club-results

He has been putting the county board website to shame for years now. An excellent resource.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Not bitter at all. Do i need to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

If you haven't yet discovered the absolute gem of a website run by a stalwart of the now sadly defunct Milford GAA club, bookmark this page; http://www.milford.limerick.gaa.ie/limerick-club-results

He has been putting the county board website to shame for years now. An excellent resource.

This is a great site, very reliable and always up to date. The guy who runs this does a brilliant job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭francozola

First time posting on this thread since before Sunday.
    Whilst the result was not what was wanted I'm glad the team performed in Croke Park. No point in crying over spilt milk so I'll make my points looking forward to 2015.
    TJ & DOG was not my first choice for the management, I thought it was a disaster, especially with the short ball game and the U21 disaster of 2013. However, TJ has gone up in my estimation a 100 times since he took temporary control and now permanent control. I'm glad the board acted quickly. It took over 10 weeks to get management in place for this year.
    As pointed out they were slow on the line and I feel if someone from the minor set up preferably Steve McDonagh could make the step up to the team. I feel the minor management are brilliant at making moves on the sideline and spotting small things.

As for players next year, I feel we need competition for corner, centre & half back along with another few forwards.
    There's enough left in the club championship for players to state their case. As for minors coming through, I would say Richie English, Darragh O'Donovan ALaTC, Barry Nash and the two Lynches should all be looked at and given game time in the League. I know Ronan will be doing the LC but Hannon did play some league before missing the Waterford match in 2011.

The basis for a strong team and we won't go away soon we the back bone we have. We need depth to be looked at. I wouldn't mind seeing if Nickie Quaid can play outfield at half back, it would be another option to have.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement