Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leather vs Fabric Seats?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

ION08 wrote: »
    Definitely leather, for comfort, practicality and luxury and also for smell which I can't believe hasn't been mentioned yet!

Sorry to break it to you but you have 'alcantara' not 'suede'. Big difference. :)

I would choose alcantara over suede anyway, so it's not big loss.

I have had leather in the last two cars. I HATE getting into it in the cold mornings :mad: I have heated seats but they take a while to turn on.

Any tips, tricks or gadgets for the sensitive arses and backs out there?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would choose alcantara over suede anyway, so it's not big loss.

I have had leather in the last two cars. I HATE getting into it in the cold mornings :mad: I have heated seats but they take a while to turn on.

Any tips, tricks or gadgets for the sensitive arses and backs out there?:)

Termal underwear. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I had cloth on the last car and it was very nice, I think once it is decent quality it is fine

However having moved to this interior I don't think I could go back
    008.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I don't think leather is any more comfortable than fabric either?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,248 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

ION08 wrote: »
    Sorry to break it to you but you have 'alcantara' not 'suede'. Big difference. :)

My bad. I know it's really a synthetic material rather than the real deal, but I wouldn't consider it as tacky as the synthetic leather you see in some cars.

I still really like it though, so don't feel sorry for breaking it to me! A few e39 owners actually swap out their leather in favour of Alcantara.

I absolutely hate heated seats though.

Edit - my dad had a sort of corduroy-like velour in his 156 and it was really nice. Much more durable than the thin fabric covering in my 156

1349441_091216191951_Alfa_front_seat.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

eoin wrote: »
    I absolutely hate heated seats though.

The Phaeton had heated and cooled seats. They were great. Why would you hate an optional feature? Its not like it heats whenever it feels like it, turn it on when cold, leave it alone when not..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,248 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Matt Simis wrote: »
    The Phaeton had heated and cooled seats. They were great. Why would you hate an optional feature? Its not like it heats whenever it feels like it, turn it on when cold, leave it alone when not..

OK, to be more precise then - I hate it whenever an optionally heated seat is being heated. It's never a feature I like to use, regardless of the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

persoanlly i like half leather seats....

leather sides and back for look and cloth for sitting on....
    find on warm days sitting on leather for long trips your arse sweats like a paedo in a barney suit....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

eoin wrote: »
    OK, to be more precise then - I hate it whenever an optionally heated seat is being heated. It's never a feature I like to use, regardless of the weather.

I had heated leather seats in my old Passat. They were great. But a friend said he doesn't want to turn them on because they make him feel like it sh*t his pants.

I never quite understood him until I turned on the heated seats in my current car. It does kinda feel all warm down there and makes you wonder.. :D It must be the way the heating element is positioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

Never had a car with leather, have always had fabric. Found that there can be differences in quality of the fabric depending on the manufacturer.

For now I'm happy with the fabric, even with 2 very active, often muddy staffies and a cream interior. Muddy pawprints come out pretty easily once dried using a hoover, hairs are a b*llix though. Will probably get a car with a leather interior when I decide to have kids

• Advertisement
Advertisement