Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Airsoft Underground

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Airsoft UG

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Way to alienate your future customer base!

Seriously, are you that worried about your credibility that you'd continue to keep your identities secret? If you're known to the IAA, then why not just tell us who you are? If you're upstanding well-known people, then reputable airsofters will be happy to get onboard. If not, then we've seen this movie before, and good luck to you.

The Airsoft community is smaller than you think. Like I said before, you're causing more annoyance than 'buzz' with the cloak and dagger stuff, and what you're doing is no better than the "come skirmish illegally on this old hotel, it's perfectly safe and insured and it'll be epic lol" brigade. Put facts behind the bluster or you're finished before you started.

(I should point out that I'm not trying to get you to tell me who you are. Anyone who's connected enough knows who you are already anyway. I'm just offering the advice that being upfront about this stuff means you get a much higher quality of response from people who've seen this "we're a secret group of people who are going to come out of nowhere and rock your Airsoft world" movie many, many times before.)

Hi D.,
    sorry you are not getting the buzz but many people are ,
    as you said most people know who we are,

we will be making an announcement when we are ready and this will be done in connection with announcing our first event,

Thankyou for your concerns they have been taken on board,

and in answer to your question we have know worries about our credability,
    the quailty of responce and feedback we have gotten back from people as been wonderful and we thank them all for all there input .
    Watch this space for annoncement of first event.
    Regards Airsoft ug

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

Danin wrote: »
    Just to clarify things for everyone are you saying that BioHazRd and the IAA are aware of your identities or that they give your venture a vote of confidence and are actively behind it starting up.

sorry but its one thing saying they know you and another to state that they support your actions.

please don't take me wrong on this but its just getting a bit "listen carefully I will say this only once" :)

Again I'd like to ask the question "are you saying that BioHazRd and the IAA are aware of your identities or that they give your venture a vote of confidence and are actively behind it starting up ?".

Please could you confirm this for everyone thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

hey guys glad to hear the matter with the iaa is cleared up. hope this thing gets
    off the ground. i think it will be a great idea and local authorities will look at the beneficial side of it rather than the bad side of it. i know we should not mention the r word but in a recession local business is always glad of a few extra pound and airsofters or not we are promoting local areas of the country by playing on a site in that area. i will defo be goin on your first outing so keep us informed. also the farming industry isn't great any farmer would rent a forest for a weekend for a few euro in his pocket. there are endless possibilities an before anybody jumps in yes all the right people have to be informed and insurance and doj need to be told so don't go nuts on me guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

are you saying that BioHazRd and the IAA are aware of your identities or that they give your venture a vote of confidence and are actively behind it starting up ?".

These are two (three?) completely different things.

The answer to the first part is yes.

The second part takes a lot of Q&A and paperwork, and meetings, and surveys, more meetings, and an inspection or two, another couple of meetings... So can everyone please chill until we can at least run a sliderule over the idea.

Again I'd like to ask the question "are you saying that BioHazRd and the IAA are aware of your identities or that they give your venture a vote of confidence and are actively behind it starting up ?".

Please could you confirm this for everyone thanks

Hi Danin the IAA are aware of who we are,
    and we will and always have worked in conjuntion wth them on all our projects and we will always look to them for advice and guidance on all our new projects as well they are invaluble with all the support they give all retailers and sites owners ,
    we would be lost with out there input through out the last few years .In particlar one of there legal adviser on numerous occassion gave up his free time to help us we will not go ahead with any of our new adventures with out their approval .bye the way i hope your own venture takes off for you ye need something up your neck of the woods if you need any advice or help give us a pm

• Advertisement

First of all, I'd like to say I'm well aware of the procedures involved and if it were me opening this tread, I'd have the conviction to stand behind my ideas by identifying myself regardless of the outcome or response, I also would not use words as a smoke screen which could possibly be interpreted as a deliberate attempt to mislead people.

There was no malice intended in my posts, I thought it was a very straight forward question either the IAA back your initial idea or they don't.

You give the impression in the posts above that they do. or is it that they just know who you are ?. Whats the big deal in any event ????

Whats the problem with the question all you'd have to say is
    "they have requested more information"
    Sweet, no worries and issue closed
    But then you chose to not answer the question and instead revert to
    "stop picking on us"
    as I said in the other post good luck

Airsoft UG wrote: »
    Hi Danin the IAA are aware of who we are,
    and we will and always have worked in conjuntion wth them on all our projects and we will always look to them for advice and guidance on all our new projects as well they are invaluble with all the support they give all retailers and sites owners ,
    we would be lost with out there input through out the last few years .In particlar one of there legal adviser on numerous occassion gave up his free time to help us we will not go ahead with any of our new adventures with out their approval .bye the way i hope your own venture takes off for you ye need something up your neck of the woods if you need any advice or help give us a pm

Thanks for the response mate and as I said I hope it does go well for you I mean that in all honestly

Good Afternoon guys and gals
    Thankyou all for your sugestions ,We have a list of sites and venues to go and see all over the country ,

We have dicounted some on saftey grounds straight away ..we have contacted the various owners and we have meetings set up with them .

We have secured 4 major sites of superior quailty and 2 of these are an advanced stage of planning .

We have secured our insurance through a brillant contact the IAA had recommend to us .At this point I would like to thank Richard the chair of IAA for the advice and help.

We would hope to hold our first event in May

.The venue its self is brillant and a site of this kind has never been played as an Airsoft venue before .

oh and ok big announcement as if must of you did not know already
    ;):D:p:):eek::eek: Yes we can confirm it is Martin and Evelyn:D:eek::eek::):p

We are really looking forward to seeing you all at our 1st. event
    Watch for updates and announcements here ....................
    Thanks Airsoft UG TEAM........................................

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Mperrozzi

Good Afternoon guys and gals
    Thankyou all for your sugestions ,We have a list of sites and venues to go and see all over the country ,

We have dicounted some on saftey grounds straight away ..we have contacted the various owners and we have meetings set up with them .

We have secured 4 major sites of superior quailty and 2 of these are an advanced stage of planning .

We have secured our insurance through a brillant contact the IAA had recommend to us .At this point I would like to thank Richard the chair of IAA for the advice and help.

We would hope to hold our first event in May

.The venue its self is brillant and a site of this kind has never been played as an Airsoft venue before .

oh and ok big announcement as if must of you did not know already
    ;):D:p:):eek::eek: Yes we can confirm it is Martin and Evelyn:D:eek::eek::):p

We are really looking forward to seeing you all at our 1st. event
    Watch for updates and announcements here ....................
    Thanks Airsoft UG TEAM........................................

:eek::eek: venue sounds unbelievably exciting :D

Mperrozzi wrote: »
    :eek::eek: venue sounds unbelievably exciting :D

It is that and i promise we will not keep you in the dark for to long about it but we have to have everything in place before we make the announcment of the venue as there is alot of red tape and things that have to be crossed .

• Advertisement

It is that and i promise we will not keep you in the dark for to long about it but we have to have evrything in place before we make the annoucment of the venue as thre is alot of red tape and things that have to be crossed .

Answer me one question ( please ), is the venue going to be indoor?

Mperrozzi wrote: »
    Answer me one question ( please ), is the venue going to be indoor?
    Sorry hun until we have everything sorted you will have to apperciate we cannot say but we will make announcement soon sorry for all the cloack and dagger but we do not want to jeperdizse the venue

Sorry hun until we have everything sorted you will have to apperciate we cannot say but we will make announcement soon sorry for all the cloack and dagger but we do not want to jeperdizse the venue

sure its understandable , look forward to the announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

And now everybody can sleep soundly at night

Goodluck Martin and Evelyn :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

ok guys one question how do I book for the first run in the "venue". and can you tell us any info like what coast is it near east or west. please say east. Please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

-snip-

I didn't read the last one or two posts. Look forward to playing at these places guys, well done.

SNAKEDOC wrote: »
    ok guys one question how do I book for the first run in the "venue". and can you tell us any info like what coast is it near east or west. please say east. Please

Hi Snake dog again hunny i cannot say where or what about venue but we will announce as soon as we can you have to appericate we are working with alot of different groups to organise this and we have to have all the T's crossed .

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that one of your first venues will be in the Dublin 15 area ;)

AHHHHH!!!! trust you lot to let cat out of bag;);):p:eek::eek:

AHHHHH!!!! trust you lot to let cat out of bag;);):p:eek::eek:

So sorry, I pulled it back just after I posted it. I'm sorry, please forgive me, I know not what I do, please forgive me....

P.S

I don't think anyone would have brought up any worries had we known it was you guys for sure, sorry if any offence was caused.

So sorry, I pulled it back just after I posted it. I'm sorry, please forgive me, I know not what I do, please forgive me....

ok so forgiven this time :D:p

• Advertisement

P.S

I don't think anyone would have brought up any worries had we known it was you guys for sure, sorry if any offence was caused.

ah no worries guys no offence at all its looking like we have a good few definate sites your side of the country when we are up that neck of the woods might ask ye to tag along to get your opinion on them will give ye a pm on same regards evelyn

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Curious here, I haven't played at G-TAC yet so I don't know what kinds of games y'all usually run, but I'm interested in what types of games you plan on running at these venues. Multiple different madcap speedball skirmish games, or all-day-long slow-and-tactical milsims, or plot-linked themed scenarios, or what have you in mind?

Curious here, I haven't played at G-TAC yet so I don't know what kinds of games y'all usually run, but I'm interested in what types of games you plan on running at these venues. Multiple different madcap speedball skirmish games, or all-day-long slow-and-tactical milsims, or plot-linked themed scenarios, or what have you in mind?

All of the above as you said each site will blend its self to different game sceanarios .We inviage to be able to cater to all your needs and input from ye as players as to what type of games ye would like will all be taken on board ,
    we have our production company point2 production on board with us so the guys invovled with this are airsofters and will help us produce and implyment alot of different game modes for your enjoyment

ah no worries guys no offence at all its looking like we have a good few definate sites your side of the country when we are up that neck of the woods might ask ye to tag along to get your opinion on them will give ye a pm on same regards evelyn

I look forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Best of luck and I think everyone in SEAC would wish you good luck aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Best of luck Martin & Evelyn, I look forward to seeing this get off the ground:):)

Bren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Rat squad

PHEWWW good to see its in good hands guys
    best of luck from us. and hope to see you soon.

now just to persuade some rats to travel:rolleyes:

ok guys just to keep you updated our first game scenarios to be played will be as above a plot linked themed sceanario with inhouse actors to enhance your game play .

We will be announcing dates and times and pricing soon just waiting for final ok's on a few things .

There will be overnight accomadation availbe on site .
    You will be able to play for one day ,two days or three days if you so wish.

There will be catering vans onsite and also your favourite retailer Eirsoft will also be on site for all your airsoft needs .

Watch for next update soon
    Regards Airsoft ug

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Lonew0lf

Woopty Woop woop, cannot wait for this. Sounds great.

Aside from Catering vans on site will there be other facilities available to those who are intending on staying the full 3 days (erm, business meeting honey have to dash see you monday:D:D:D) showers, clean water, clean toilets? Indoor sleeping or outdoor camping? Are there many/any local amenities nearby shops/pubs/hotels/pubs/chinese takeaway/pubs? Will it be possible to charge batteries etc onsite?

And lastly how limited are places?

• Advertisement

Lonew0lf wrote: »
    Woopty Woop woop, cannot wait for this. Sounds great.

Aside from Catering vans on site will there be other facilities available to those who are intending on staying the full 3 days (erm, business meeting honey have to dash see you monday:D:D:D) showers, clean water, clean toilets? Indoor sleeping or outdoor camping? Are there many/any local amenities nearby shops/pubs/hotels/pubs/chinese takeaway/pubs? Will it be possible to charge batteries etc onsite?

And lastly how limited are places?

yes to showers
    yes to clean water
    yes to indoor sleeping
    yes to clean toliets
    yes you will be near local amenities
    yes you will be able to charge batteries on site
    places will be limited but it will be done on first come first served bases

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement