Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Airsoft Underground

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

has to be martin and evelyn:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

I do think that a more, shall we say, neutral name might be better for public use. Something like "Airsoft Syndicate" maybe. Underground doesn't bring the best associations to mind for the likes of people who phone radio stations.

The name that someone was trying to remember earlier was First And Only. Getting that kind of thing going here is, unfortunately, going to be very difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

our lads and a gang of boards users went to first and only and will return this year. Great idea if it works, i just hope the right people run it.

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

OzCam wrote: »
    I do think that a more, shall we say, neutral name might be better for public use. Something like "Airsoft Syndicate" maybe. Underground doesn't bring the best associations to mind for the likes of people who phone radio stations.

The name that someone was trying to remember earlier was First And Only. Getting that kind of thing going here is, unfortunately, going to be very difficult.

thanks oz,the one and only, thats the guys(an gals)
    very difficult,yes!! but if they pull it off......
    anyway,good luck to 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Airsoft UG

Hello everyone,
    thankyou all for the good wishes and ideas .Can we thank everyone who has pm'ed us with all the different places that you would like to skirimish in .We will look into them all and get back to you .Some will be discounted straight away on saftey grounds but some a brillant and we will contact owners and pasific people need to be contacted and see what we can organise. Watch this space for our first major event it will be announced here shortly
    Regards Airsoft UG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

best of luck guys don't let these other people get you down they are just pi**ed that they didn't do it. (hey you can't do that eh did you change the usage eh you need permission eh you just can't do this) get over it lads you won't be pulled kicking and screaming onto any of the sites used let airsoft ug get their idea of the ground no need for so much negativity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

SNAKEDOC wrote: »
    best of luck guys don't let these other people get you down they are just pi**ed that they didn't do it. (hey you can't do that eh did you change the usage eh you need permission eh you just can't do this) get over it lads you won't be pulled kicking and screaming onto any of the sites used let airsoft ug get their idea of the ground no need for so much negativity

No Anthony, we are all just worried that if it goes wrong it could have a very bad effect on airsoft and all the good work done by the IAA in getting this sport on a good footing in this country. I'm sure you noticed how everyone that brought up concerns also wished UG good luck with their venture.

No Anthony, we are all just worried that if it goes wrong it could have a very bad effect on airsoft and all the good work done by the IAA in getting this sport on a good footing in this country. I'm sure you noticed how everyone that brought up concerns also wished UG good luck with their venture.

We take all your taughts on board .We have no intension of putting airsoft on a bad footing or undoing any of the brillant work that the IAA has or is doing.
    We would hope they will work with us and help us like they have done through out the last few years .They are invaluble for all there support and help and we have been talking to them and they know who we are and our background within airsoft in Ireland.
    We will have an open door policy and will gladly allow the committee to come on to any of our venues and let them see and voice any concerns they might have .We want to bring a new experience to airsoft in Ireland .
    Regards Airsoft UG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Airsoft UG wrote: »
    We take all your taughts on board .We have no intension of putting airsoft on a bad footing or undoing any of the brillant work that the IAA has or is doing.
    We would hope they will work with us and help us like they have done through out the last few years .They are invaluble for all there support and help and we have been talking to them and they know who we are and our background within airsoft in Ireland.
    We will have an open door policy and will gladly allow the committee to come on to any of our venues and let them see and voice any concerns they might have .We want to bring a new experience to airsoft in Ireland .
    Regards Airsoft UG

Sure you've made that very clear. You've infact gone above and beyond in explaing yourself and I wish you guys the best of luck with your venture. If all goes well you should put Irish airsoft on the international map.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Naivety, some people really don't know the laws concerning airsoft..quite worrying really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Rat squad

Shiva wrote: »
    It dates back to medieval times in the 1100's when electricty supplies were irregular, and French peasants, who couldn't afford their own generators, used to burn the grapevines after the grapes had been harvested to provide heat-generated electricty to enable them to power their computers and run whichever chat client was their preferred method of communication.

Or maybe it was this.
    jaysus tony yer a walkin britanica.

well mystery person..i hope it takes off the ground for ye,
    i can fully understand the concerns of the previous posters
    as can you im sure, we are walking on eggshells with our sport at the minit,
    and we dont want to give the anti airsofters or the powers that have us by the preferbials any excuse.

any new airsoft ideas to bring more choice to players is always welcomed
    with cautious good wishes of course.

there is just so much to choose from now the rats
    might have to start playing sats aswell .
    best of luck guys
    paddy
    RAT SQUAD.

sorry snakedoc, i wouldent call it negativity, all these people lookin at this screen at the moment are the minders of your and mine much loved sport
    that can be pulled from right under yer feet if the wrong people do the wrong things without the proper preperation.
    there is a lot of backround work gone into letting you have yer replica m4 in black and not see through or blue /green.

its good to ask all the right questions and weed out the chancers who just wanna make a quick buck without careing about the fallout.

thers no room for flipency at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Lonew0lf

hmm sounds interesting... would love to see the final outcome of this.

One idea I did have in mind a few years ago was a portable paintball arena which could be packed and moved around locations at will. But with paintball dying such a horrible death, this idea was sidelined.

If someone was to consider something along the lines of:
    http://www.mightysports.com/megarena.php

with:
    http://www.mightysports.com/proddetail.php?prod=MP-XT-7PRO

You have right there a mobile site that would be perfectly safe. Although not sure how the local authorities etc. would respond to throwing this together in St. Stephen's Green or "my grandad's farm" :D:D:D

Anywho best of luck with venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

See post 2 below this

The plot thickens...

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

DON DON DON DON DON DON!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Well, indeed the plot thickens.
    I have just been contacted by the people in charge of Airsoft Underground.
    Due to the fact I was abroad for the past week and the obvious interest being generated in this, they felt the need to post as they did.
    I can now say, that yes, these people are known to the IAA, and yes, they do have a considerable reputable background in airsoft.
    We look forward to continuing dealing with them in the future and wish them luck with their new venture.
    And don't bother asking me who they are - I won't tell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

Just to give my 2 cents, I think the idea is one of those that look great on paper but isn't as good in practice. If you think about it you will be guaranteed a lot more negative answers than positive.
    You will also upset local communities when you have to ask them if they mind it happening in their local area regardless on the landowners permission. What if you have more than one site in the same area are you going to go into the local garda station each time ?
    Getting a lot of negative answers will subsequently cause the lads to get frustrated and more aggressive in their sales approach (not saying any of you lads are aggressive) and all in all a lot of effort for very few positive results. Just ask many site owners how many knock backs they got before a positive result and think about, if you think a place is good how many people passed that same spot and rang about it or approached the land owner before you what then you end up pissing off another land owner who in turn asks his neighbours if they were asked getting the picture......

BioHazRd wrote: »
    Well, indeed the plot thickens.
    I have just been contacted by the people in charge of Airsoft Underground.
    Due to the fact I was abroad for the past week and the obvious interest being generated in this, they felt the need to post as they did.
    I can now say, that yes, these people are known to the IAA, and yes, they do have a considerable reputable background in airsoft.
    We look forward to continuing dealing with them in the future and wish them luck with their new venture.
    And don't bother asking me who they are - I won't tell ;)

We thank Richard and The IAA for their continued support and look forward to working with them for the advancement of Airsoft in Ireland.

• Advertisement

It just goes on and on and on and ooonnnnnn......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barLaHrtvoM

OH YEAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I've only got one question

Does the beat of your drum go round and round.....

But on a more serious note, I'm never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye, never gonna tell a lie and hurt you...:D

Danin wrote: »
    Just to give my 2 cents, I think the idea is one of those that look great on paper but isn't as good in practice. If you think about it you will be guaranteed a lot more negative answers than positive.
    You will also upset local communities when you have to ask them if they mind it happening in their local area regardless on the landowners permission. What if you have more than one site in the same area are you going to go into the local garda station each time ?
    Getting a lot of negative answers will subsequently cause the lads to get frustrated and more aggressive in their sales approach (not saying any of you lads are aggressive) and all in all a lot of effort for very few positive results. Just ask many site owners how many knock backs they got before a positive result and think about, if you think a place is good how many people passed that same spot and rang about it or approached the land owner before you what then you end up pissing another land owner who in turn asks his neighbours if they were asked getting the picture......

Yes indeed we see your point and if we where doing this for our first time would agree with you and would probably be running away right now with our tails between our legs but the fact of the matter is that this is not our first venture into Airsoft and we are well used to getting knocked back but we are a resilient bunch and we do bounce back.

We are not aggressive (not saying you said we were aggressive) and we do welcome constructive criticism. That is how we learn and get better at what we do.

We are not going to make public any information on how we are going to do things but as each venue comes on line, all documentation will be available on the day of play to be viewed by people wishing to play.

Lonew0lf wrote: »
    It just goes on and on and on and ooonnnnnn......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barLaHrtvoM

OH YEAH!

Damn it Doc!! Now I've that bleeding song stuck in my head!!
    Why Doc, why?
    Lonew0lf wrote: »
    But on a more serious note, I'm never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye, never gonna tell a lie and hurt you...:D
    Yes. I'd been spending years trying to think about absolutely nothing and after these years of toil I'd just achieved it ... until ...

PLEASE DELETE THESE POSTS THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR THREAD :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

no worries lads the best of luck with it. I just hope that it does not all end up on the radio with the public calling in giving out about something they know very little about.

(it could happen)
    just takes one cold call to go wrong but back to being positive again the best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

I would like to see this work but a big missgiving that I have is asking people to send in info on possible locations to "strangers".I do not like cloak and dagger antics applied to airsoft.I will not be sending any info untill I know who I am sending it to.But that is just my opinion.

se conman wrote: »
    I would like to see this work but a big missgiving that I have is asking people to send in info on possible locations to "strangers".I do not like cloak and dagger antics applied to airsoft.I will not be sending any info untill I know who I am sending it to.But that is just my opinion.

The leadership of the IAA have come out in public and said they know us. As for your opinion, you are entitled to it.

All will be revealed in due course and we have so many suggestions at the moment we have plenty of work ahead of us.

The leadership of the IAA have come out in public and said they know us. As for your opinion, you are entitled to it.

All will be revealed in due course and we have so many suggestions at the moment we have plenty of work ahead of us.

Just to clarify things for everyone are you saying that BioHazRd and the IAA are aware of your identities or that they give your venture a vote of confidence and are actively behind it starting up.

sorry but its one thing saying they know you and another to state that they support your actions.

please don't take me wrong on this but its just getting a bit "listen carefully I will say this only once" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Way to alienate your future customer base!

Seriously, are you that worried about your credibility that you'd continue to keep your identities secret? If you're known to the IAA, then why not just tell us who you are? If you're upstanding well-known people, then reputable airsofters will be happy to get onboard. If not, then we've seen this movie before, and good luck to you.

The Airsoft community is smaller than you think. Like I said before, you're causing more annoyance than 'buzz' with the cloak and dagger stuff, and what you're doing is no better than the "come skirmish illegally on this old hotel, it's perfectly safe and insured and it'll be epic lol" brigade. Put facts behind the bluster or you're finished before you started.

(I should point out that I'm not trying to get you to tell me who you are. Anyone who's connected enough knows who you are already anyway. I'm just offering the advice that being upfront about this stuff means you get a much higher quality of response from people who've seen this "we're a secret group of people who are going to come out of nowhere and rock your Airsoft world" movie many, many times before.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement