Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brendan O'Connor Show : 27th Feb 2010

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You'll notice that he didnt take the hard line with the under 150k civil servants that he also normally takes, cos he knows that wouldnt turn a fair percentage of the audience against him.

He's a brother of Fergal keane who is a news reporter for RTE, mostly DriveTime. I listen to him from 12-1 every day rather than listen to Ronan Collins on Radio One.

I'll bet after a week listening to him spout off in the same manner, you'll go back to the bould Ronan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

He's a brother of Fergal keane who is a news reporter for RTE, mostly DriveTime. I listen to him from 12-1 every day rather than listen to Ronan Collins on Radio One.
    No, no he isn't. He does have a brother called Fergal who is an award winning journalist employed by the BBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

RTE's Fergal Keane is fairly litigious about being confused with the other Fergal Keane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Aidric wrote: »
    No, no he isn't. He does have a brother called Fergal who is an award winning journalist employed by the BBC.

ooops sorry, I thought I heard him mention this before. But when I listened to DriveTime's Fergal Keane I used to think he sounded nothing like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Aidric wrote: »

I didn't know that but just googled him, he's got a very impressive record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

I'd say Blathnaid took fright when she saw the posts on here yesterday.

Jaysus that Eamon Keane with his unfeasibly large head, that song OMG what was he thinking; what were RTE thinking to let him do it (other than 'let him make a complete tool of himself')

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Blathnaid got off very light here compared to how she's regularly slated on another site. I'm just glad she wasn't on last night, I cannot stand her and that's putting it lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was this BOC last show?

I think Craig Doyle is taking over for a few episodes and then Gerry Ryan and whoever has the best ratings gets the job full time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was this BOC last show?

I think Craig Doyle is taking over for a few episodes and then Gerry Ryan and whoever has the best ratings gets the job full time

:eek: For the love of God no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was this BOC last show?

Say it isn't so! How many shots at being a chatshow host are they going to give Ryan? FFS, goes to show once you're in you're in. How many other TV stations would keep giving you chances after you fail so dismally time and time again?

Won't somebody think of the children? Gerry Ryan will eat them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Say it isn't so! How many shots at being a chatshow host are they going to give Ryan? FFS, goes to show once you're in you're in. How many other TV stations would keep giving you chances after you fail so dismally time and time again? Won't somebody think of the children? Gerry Ryan will eat them!

Somebody posted here before that Brendan was getting eight weeks and then Craig Doyle was getting eight weeks. Not sure about Ryan, but the other lad has been expected to take over the reins.... Pity they are ignoring the elephant in the room... i.e. that Tubridy needs to be replaced...

If what they are doing is running the potential presenters off against each other, then they should give the Friday night job to whoever wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

Somebody posted here before that Brendan was getting eight weeks and then Craig Doyle was getting eight weeks. Not sure about Ryan, but the other lad has been expected to take over the reins.... Pity they are ignoring the elephant in the room... i.e. that Tubridy needs to be replaced...

If what they are doing is running the potential presenters off against each other, then they should give the Friday night job to whoever wins.

So it's Larry, Curly or Moe?

Advertisement