Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brendan O'Connor Show : 27th Feb 2010

Options
  • 27-02-2010 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have a clue who's gonna be on tonight? Looking round and I can find nothing about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Blaithnid from the all Ireland talent show and Tony Cascarino according to the independent tv guide!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I wonder will O'Connor ask her about the bullying. Nobody else has addressed the issue with her, particularly Mooney who she is on with regularly, but O'Connor has the brass neck to ask her. I think it's just a question as to whether she is legally allowed to discuss it.

I wonder will O'Connor ask her about the bullying. Nobody else has addressed the issue with her, particularly Mooney who she is on with regularly, but O'Connor has the brass neck to ask her. I think it's just a question as to whether she is legally allowed to discuss it.

I hope he does.........everyone is dying to know!

Those intro jokes were very poor. I just hope he's as direct with Blá as he's being with Brendan Cole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Must be cold in the studio, Rosanna Davison is a bit perky.

• Advertisement

eh if i recall she did a spread in her undies for life magazine with her bf and also for loaded magazine!

have it somewhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    some snob that one,, miss world??? iv woken up with better after a sat nite nite

Vacuous ...

Dilynnio wrote: »
    Blaithnid from the all Ireland talent show and Tony Cascarino according to the independent tv guide!

Paper must have had it wrong!

eh if i recall she did a spread in her undies for life magazine with her bf and also for loaded magazine!

have it somewhere!!

I'm guessing the bottom drawer beside the tissues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Bob_Harris wrote: »

Or maybe it's because she's sitting near Brendan :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Brendan is such a ladies' man.

K4t wrote: »

A real charmer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

K4t wrote: »

:( The thoughts of that made me vomit in my mouth a little... *shudder*

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I never thought I'd say this, but I actually prefer The BOC show to the Late Late. :eek:

Late late's gone to pot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Uploaded for the lulz.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

You can see what tony had for dinner in that jumper.

dambarude wrote: »
    I never thought I'd say this, but I actually prefer The BOC show to the Late Late. :eek: Late late's gone to pot.

I would agree 100%. Not mad on Brendan O'Connor personally, but he's a blunt direct interviewer, and has a sharp, biting sense of humour. You can always expect him to ask something controversial. Tubridy is a wimp, and a FF hack.

"There are horny footballers who wanna get out there and do stuff". Irony much. Can stand this pr1ck.

The whole thing seems more, I dunno, integrated. It flows much more smoothly than the LLS. Tubs just seems to jolt and jump through the interviews, not engaging in them much. It's so obvious with the political interviews he does that he's trying to score punches, it's just not in anyway natural.

BOC, despite his many flaws, is miles better.

Except this bit. This would fit right in in Tubridy's LLS...

• Advertisement

Eamonn Keane.. giving out about the 600 civil servants again....

Eamonn Keane.. giving out about the 600 civil servants again....

Ha... is that what he looks like?! I only ever heard him before.

He's sounding very learnedy offy- like he's making a state of the nation address.

dambarude wrote: »
    Ha... is that what he looks like?! I only ever heard him before. He's sounding very learnedy offy- like he's making a state of the nation address.

You'll notice that he didnt take the hard line with the under 150k civil servants that he also normally takes, cos he knows that wouldnt turn a fair percentage of the audience against him.

He's a brother of Fergal keane who is a news reporter for RTE, mostly DriveTime. I listen to him from 12-1 every day rather than listen to Ronan Collins on Radio One.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

This fella is a gobsh1te..Hes tryin to score brownie points with the general public by saying words like "slybheen" and tellin stupid stories about fellas in chippers..

He has a tendency to be VERY populist though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,029 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

He reminds me of a trainee George Lee.

Jaysus .. is there any possibility that he could be worse than John Waters and his songs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Stupid tv guide ruining my evening; where was Blathnaid.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Stupid tv guide ruining my evening; where was Blathnaid.

You might be seeing more of her in Autumn... don't pine too much...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Clemon wrote: »
    This fella is a gobsh1te..Hes tryin to score brownie points with the general public by saying words like "slybheen" and tellin stupid stories about fellas in chippers..

I was expecting him to say "breaking news".

Advertisement