Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caprica S01E05 "There Is Another Sky" [US] *Spoilers*

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Definite matrix references with the robbery scene. great stuff imo.
    first episode i saw and i loved it. gonna catch up now (just watched pilot).

i ahve to say i think its great the way they are explaining cylons coming about - i mean the people trying to escape death thing. Explains the - all this has happened before and will happen again thing from BSG. I never quite bought the 'its inevitable that differnt human 'tribes' will all develop artificially intelligent robots thing'. But when you explain it as all will try and escape death by building artifical bodies - that I can buy

• Registered Users Posts: 26,336 ✭✭✭✭noodler

don ramo wrote: »
    then wtf is, there hardly gonna be launching battlestars before they even develope cylons,

Surely, they already have battlestar at this stage? I mean the war is only a couple of years away isn't it? I am dieing to see hwo it actually develops into a space war, how exactly do the Cylons have ships etc?

I actually really liked Enterprise, especially the third season.

I think some people may be forgetting that they are trying to setup how the world has become too decadent, the Ancient Rome with the barbarians at the gate scenario.

I wonder will the Cylons rebel because they are being exploited or will it be more because of the religious aspect? These are the questions that really make me hope the show stays on the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

noodler wrote: »
    I think some people may be forgetting that they are trying to setup how the world has become too decadent, the Ancient Rome with the barbarians at the gate scenario.

I wonder will the Cylons rebel because they are being exploited or will it be more because of the religious aspect? These are the questions that really make me hope the show stays on the air.

And if Zoe is the template for cylon personalities then that disgust and monotheist belief is already there.

Yeah, I believe that the battlestars are already in operation. Maybe they'll mention the comissioning of the all new galactica in the final two-parter of the final series if it continues to it's full run.

And if Zoe is the template for cylon personalities then that disgust and monotheist belief is already there.

Yeah, I believe that the battlestars are already in operation. Maybe they'll mention the comissioning of the all new galactica in the final two-parter of the final series if it continues to it's full run.

Also, the cylons in BSG were quite.....teenage... in their emotional range. Makes sense if they were all based on a stroppy teenager.

Who knew cylons were actually the digital version of Kevin The Teenager :D:D

That'd be cool, I highlighted my reasons for thinking this in another thread but basically there were battlestars in the Razor flashback and in the Original Series by the time the Cylons rebelled.

The idea that there would be transports without a military presence in space is hard to believe. How the Cylons get ships will be a massive thing for me, do they just steal existing battlestars? (Very distinct ships are seen in Razor though) but if they have their own fleet then how the hell do they mange to get it build before the rebellion starts? Do they take over a colony entirely and build there for a while without detection?

Actually, how long does the first Cylon war last? Is it conceievable the war could have went on long enough for the Cylons to build ships during the actual conflict?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Well, for one thing...with Caprica the Cylons will be generation 1, a la the original 1979 BSG. That for me is a HUGE plus, as i hate the new Cylon design in the revamped BSG. same goes for the new Clyon Basestars...hated the design.

Thus the great thing about Caprica is we'll see the original ship and Cylon design...at least i hope. As for how they aquired the technology/design/ability to make ship......?

How about through V world?, Baltar and #3 (?) hacked into the defense mainframe, right?....whose to say Zoelon won't hack into the Greystone mainframe and steal ship designs?

Maybe the designs will be on Greystone's private mainframe?, or as the Cylon army gets used more by Caprica defence forces Greystone gets contracts to develop defence mainframes, and Zoelon hacks in.

Lots of possibilities.....but if the number of postings/views for the new ep. is anything to go by, this ep. has sparked alot of positive feedback :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ i thought the first Cylon war lasted 12 years and a truce was entered into?

^ i thought the first Cylon war lasted 12 years and a truce was entered into?

Did it? Then I guess they could hold down a planet or two long enough to make ships.

All giddy about the prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Did it? Then I guess they could hold down a planet or two long enough to make ships.

All giddy about the prospect.
    yes the cylons did comandere human ships, thats why galacica had zero wireless devices, they took them over through wireless systems, also that how the cylons hammered the humans in the second war, all the new battlestars had wireless systems, suppose they thought they could seeing at the cylons were gone,

if this is based around 52-53 years before BSG then the war is due to kick-off fairly soon, and lasts 12 years, then when it ends the cylons disapear for 40 years, which is the start of BSG

yes the cylons did comandere human ships, thats why galacica had zero wireless devices, they took them over through wireless systems, also that how the cylons hammered the humans in the second war, all the new battlestars had wireless systems, suppose they thought they could seeing at the cylons were gone,

if this is based around 52-53 years before BSG then the war is due to kick-off fairly soon, and lasts 12 years, then when it ends the cylons disapear for 40 years, which is the start of BSG

Don't the Cylon ships look quite distinct in the Original Series though? It seems amazing that you go back to wireless ships again.

Is it from the OS that you got the bit about Cylons taking over human ships wirelessly in the First War?

• Advertisement

Don't the Cylon ships look quite distinct in the Original Series though? It seems amazing that you go back to wireless ships again.

Well maybe they turned on their WAP in the mean time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Is it from the OS that you got the bit about Cylons taking over human ships wirelessly in the First War?
    no its just a given, cause i remeber adama making such a big deal about galactica never installing wireless technology, as it made them vunerable to the cylons, ships must have been taken over in order for this to be an issue, obviously untill we see it happen, no theory is 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 41 HEATZ

That'd be cool, I highlighted my reasons for thinking this in another thread but basically there were battlestars in the Razor flashback and in the Original Series by the time the Cylons rebelled.

The idea that there would be transports without a military presence in space is hard to believe. How the Cylons get ships will be a massive thing for me, do they just steal existing battlestars? (Very distinct ships are seen in Razor though) but if they have their own fleet then how the hell do they mange to get it build before the rebellion starts? Do they take over a colony entirely and build there for a while without detection?

Actually, how long does the first Cylon war last? Is it conceievable the war could have went on long enough for the Cylons to build ships during the actual conflict?

one of the storys in THIS book states that the cylons hijacked human ships in the 1st war

no its just a given, cause i remeber adama making such a big deal about galactica never installing wireless technology, as it made them vunerable to the cylons, ships must have been taken over in order for this to be an issue, obviously untill we see it happen, no theory is 100%

Or just shut down? As was the case in mini-series and the Plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Really liked this episode.

The boardroom scene was especially good.

Advertisement