Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caprica S01E05 "There Is Another Sky" [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,967 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I wanna smear some WD-40 on Zoelon :p

But not before Sam Adama steals into your room in the middle of the night and has his way with you, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Tamra grew up fast. Scheerwing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Very good ep. - i'd say the best one so far. Loved all the Matrix VR stuff and New Cap city, the stuff with Greystone and Zoelon at the board meeting was ace!

It looked great as well!, the production design and sets, i like the blimp version of a battlestar and launching vipers. 3.75/5

• Registered Users Posts: 26,339 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Grimes wrote: »
    Tamra grew up fast. Scheerwing!

I was about to say, although one of her front teeth is absolutely all over the place - major distraction.

Was very good, Zoe starting to see what her life as a Cylon will be like then?

Didn't forsee Tamara haveing such a big role but I guess we can't just sit around doing nothing waiting for thre Cylons to rebel.

On a dramatic note, I thought the funeral bits were very sad - very well done.

Also, a little surprised Joseph Adama was willing to tell his kid just to "don't listen" to the racial jibes from the other kids.

BTW, did you see the state of the kids who were slagging little Willie Adama? OMG absolute nerdfodder if I ever saw it. The idea of them bullying anybody but ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I thought this episode was great. Keep it coming please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 somuj_2

Top notch episode. Me thinks Tamara is gonna be queen of V - world very soon. Next weeks episode dont look half bad either :D

The slow start will be long forgotten if it starts to continue like this. Brilliant stuff. If Tamara ADAMA is somehow linked to the cylons and their motivation to go to war then that is some Fooked up stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I don't know,everyone saying this was a brilliant ep when I was just bored. I am not liking the whole V world thing,it just doesn't grip me. Its fake,the avatars are fake. it is not their real daughters so I feel nothing for them,I don't care what happens.

Whatevr it is about this show I just am not warming to it. I have accepted it is not BSG and I should not compare it to it. I have looked at it on its own mertis and I am just not warming to it at all.

This is not a sarcastic comment or some sort of dig at anyone who doesn't like it but maybe you should just NOT watch it until the first season is over. I have a feeling it will pay off by seasons end.

It may be easier to watch it all back to back or something. I don't know. There is some shows I just can't watch week in week out. I rather save a few up and watch them in bulk. An episode of Caprica is like a chapter of a book in my opinion. You gotta get through the first few to set up the plot and characters before you get to the real meat of the story.

I liked the V world thing. I think this show mixes our world with this world very well. V world being the internet and New Cap city being some sort of Grand Theft Auto game. :)

I've stated my opinion on the other eps. - i thought the previous two were borefests, but this was much better. More interesting to watch, i hope it's a trend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

So in the course of one episode Caprica has pretty much solidified itself as the best SciFi on TV at the moment.

It's really starting to distinguish the separate storylines and setting them up rather nicely, the whole V-World thing is so much more interesting now that it isnt just some sex club for teens (the blimp launching vipers was kickass!)

No Zoe and Lacy in this episode was a good thing imo, of all the storylines I find theirs the least interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Best episode so far although that doesn't say much as it's been pretty **** to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

tvnutz wrote: »
    I don't know,everyone saying this was a brilliant ep when I was just bored. I am not liking the whole V world thing,it just doesn't grip me. Its fake,the avatars are fake. it is not their real daughters so I feel nothing for them,I don't care what happens.

Whatevr it is about this show I just am not warming to it. I have accepted it is not BSG and I should not compare it to it. I have looked at it on its own mertis and I am just not warming to it at all.

I feel the same. The V world is well.. boring.

Also it seems like BSG for teens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

The new cap city move wasn't something I was really expecting at all. It is very matrixy and quite interesting but hasn't sucked me in just yet.

I liked the real world parts, didn't think that little chubby willie was going to brain that bully with a rock. I too was expecting Josef to do more than say ignore them.

The scene with the cylon in the board meeting was excellent. More of that please.

I'm liking it so far, thought the last one was a bit boring, but it seems to be establishing itself a bit more, and for one thing isn't predictable which is why I'll keep watching.

One tiny aside, in BSG when the old man has surgery and looks in the mirror etc I never noticed any tattoos. I'm kind of wondering where they are going with Willie, since he is already not going to school and hanging out with the Tauron Gang. I thought it would be a natural progression that he'll be getting ink soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,206 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Best episode for me so far. I just hope they keep it up now.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Maybe Adama's scars are from having the ink removed ;)

I liked this episode a lot. The V world stuff was very cool - looks strongly influenced by Dark City, particularly with the retro style, rather than the Matrix, which came later.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

I really enjoyed this episode. I was watching Caprica up to now waiting for it to start. It's a bit of a slow burner but I can see myself getting into this program now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

enjoyed that one :) Zoey kept her cylon trap shut too, awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Think I'm giving up - I'm with tvnutz and Panda on this one, it's just dull!

They're doing what Enterprise did.. trading on a established successful name but it wasn't enough to save that show, and I don't think it'll be enough to save this one... has the industry not realised that prequels (Star Wars, Enterprise etc) just don't work??

Pity.. I was hoping for more, but I had a feeling from the first trailer that I'd be disappointed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

An improvement, but I still see this getting axed if it doesn't pick up the pace.
    I understand people expecting there to be a big payoff at series end, but this isn't The Wire; it won't hold an audience for much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

This episode was better - better balance between action and exposition. I suppose it's easier now that they've established the characters a bit more. I remember that in BSG they often alternated between a couple of more action driven episodes and more character driven ones, so maybe we'll see the same pattern here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

I read that James Marsters( Smallville & Buffy) is in next weeks episode and will be a recurring role. Thought he was great in Smallville as Milton Fine/Brianiac.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Pretty good ep. Good to see the story arc beginging to start in earnest. Cool to see Tamara turn into Neo/Lain. As long as the V world part works with the overall story arc. We don't wanna see it going down the Star-Trek-Can't-think-of-a-story-this-week-let's-use-the-holodeck-for-a-random-story......... uhhhhhhh ST: Voyager Bareshaven episodes anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

I really enjoyed this episode. Have to agree with the comments about the funeral being well executed.

However, once again, would really like to see some more action.

In fact, I really just want them to just "18 years later" and have Willie join the colonial fleet.

Pretty good ep. Good to see the story arc beginging to start in earnest. Cool to see Tamara turn into Neo/Lain. As long as the V world part works with the overall story arc. We don't wanna see it going down the Star-Trek-Can't-think-of-a-story-this-week-let's-use-the-holodeck-for-a-random-story......... uhhhhhhh ST: Voyager Bareshaven episodes anyone?

That's what worries me, that V world is not connected to the overall arc, if it's not then i'll be p*ssed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

More boredom in this episode. More character development at the expense of sci-fi ... yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

More boredom in this episode. More character development at the expense of sci-fi ... yawn.

huh, all we got was adama development, zoe didnt develope at all just going along with it and doing as shes told,

we knew daniel would be confronting the board sooner or later, hopefully now that josef is getting his house in order and daniel is about to take the cylon program to the next level more will start happening,

i know it wasnt much action, but when half an hour of an episode is based in a virtual world where you cant die and are taking over relentlessly isnt sci-fi, then wtf is, there hardly gonna be launching battlestars before they even develope cylons,

the show is called caprica, so its safe to say more than 50% of it will be set on CAPRICA

9 out of 10 for me,

also even though enterprise wasnt as high a standard as other ST series doesnt mean it was tripe, and also for such a show to do bad it still managed 4 seasons of it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

I am a BSG fan but am waiting for the box-set to come out for Caprica before I watch it. And I have to the say the reviews from fans are not good.
    Same goes for the Sratgate : Universe series.
    I hope they pick up but at the moment I will not be buying them on DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Den85

Best episode so far as they story seemed to ground itself and find it's way finally. Plus, the feeling of the V-world "game" reminded me of how The Matrix world felt when I first saw it. It was very similar in tone.

Great stuff so far from Caprica.

• Advertisement

V World = The Matrix + Dark City.

Advertisement