Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marina and the Diamonds Hollywood sounds like...?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭budgemook

Yeah she is definitely somewhere on her own alright, she's Pop, but not indie Pop.weird. She's getting large approval from the indie heads though

Aaaaaanyway, referring back to the OPs question, I believe it sounds like the chorus in Delorentos - Do You Realise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znr5cw0jAvU - About 46 seconds in
    No not it. It's a girl singing in the one I'm thinking of. Cheers though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Seen her live at the heineken green music night in carlow few months back and she was brilliant.. voice is catchy and grabs you instantly (helps that shes hot) but i downloaded the album and its excellent:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭ludwit

Is it a Belinda Carlisle tune?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭budgemook

ludwit wrote: »
    Is it a Belinda Carlisle tune?
    Might be you know. To be honest I've completely forgotten, when I first heard this tune it was on the tip of my tongue what it sounded like but now i'll never think of it cos all i can think about is this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I know this comparison gets bandied about far too often but I do think Marina sounds similar to The Dreaming era Kate Bush at times.

She might not be anyway near the same league yet but who is really?

*listens to The Dreaming*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Suspended in Gaffa was the song that I was thinking of.

<3

Advertisement