Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Apps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Hi draffodx, that means there is no next/prev subpage on that page, most aertel pages do not have subpages, but things like movie reviews and cinema listings etc do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

tw0nk wrote: »
    Hi draffodx, that means there is no next/prev subpage on that page, most aertel pages do not have subpages, but things like movie reviews and cinema listings etc do.

ah i get it now, yeh it works on the cinema page.

would it be posssible to go to the next or last page number via swipes?

for example I like to check whats on now on 180 then the movies on 182 and then the movie info on 183

draffodx wrote: »
    ah i get it now, yeh it works on the cinema page.

would it be posssible to go to the next or last page number via swipes?

for example I like to check whats on now on 180 then the movies on 182 and then the movie info on 183

Right I see what you mean, so swiping should keep going up through sub pages until no more are left then jump onto next full page? I think I could change it to work like that alright, I will have a look a tonight, thanks for suggestion though, the more things I can do to improve it the better.

Also if anyone has any improvement ideas for "Dublin Traffic Cameras" app let me know too, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

tw0nk wrote: »
    Right I see what you mean, so swiping should keep going up through sub pages until no more are left then jump onto next full page? I think I could change it to work like that alright, I will have a look a tonight, thanks for suggestion though, the more things I can do to improve it the better.

Also if anyone has any improvement ideas for "Dublin Traffic Cameras" app let me know too, cheers.

or maybe swipe up and down to increment and decrement the page numbers and left and right for sub pages?

If thats possible I've no experience with gestures

thats definitely possible, I can do that either! I will experiment tonight and see, thanks again.

• Advertisement

Heya Draffodx, I have added extra gestures now to JAertel 3.1, controls are now as follows:

swipe up = next page
    swipe down = prev page
    swipe right = next subpage
    swipe left = prev subpage

Hope you enjoy! Thanks again for suggestions and feedback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Should it not be the other way round, down for next page, up for previous, feels wrong IMO. Left and right are fine

Heya PMT, I guess the reason I made it up for next page was that the page numbers are incrementing, but whats the general consensus? Would people prefer down swipe to be next page or up swipe? it would only take a few minutes to change it but I want to get the preferred option before/if I change it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Down swipe makes more sense for 'next' page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yeah downswipe for next feels more natural

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭ronano

Anyone know of an application that will allow me to answer phone by touching screen? or put a menu option so an answer call button pops up. My g1 has water damage and the answer key does not respond

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kiltubber

I for one would like to see a section got Android apps. Does anyone know how to get paid apps in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

kiltubber wrote: »
    I for one would like to see a section got Android apps. Does anyone know how to get paid apps in Ireland.

At the moment the only way of getting paid apps is to get a UK/US/HK/Canada sim card,put it in your phone and get them over your phone via WIFI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kiltubber

Ok, I might do that, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Or root your phone and then run market enabler.
    lord lucan wrote: »
    At the moment the only way of getting paid apps is to get a UK/US/HK/Canada sim card,put it in your phone and get them over your phone via WIFI.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

elderlemon wrote: »

I thought of that but after a read of a guide to rooting the phone i figured it was easier to leave well alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 self_sentered

elderlemon wrote: »

Has anyone actually got paid apps working this way? I've rooted my phone and have market enabler installed, now I can see all the paid apps and download free 1's like 'amazon mp3 uk' which I usually couldnt see, I can even pay for apps but then they seem to block the download. It says "download failed" always after a few seconds.

My mistake, paid apps download fine, just the latest version of Cyanogen mod I was running has a bug which prevents downloads bigger than a few Mbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Just seen this app which could be handy for business users
    http://lifehacker.com/5510164/calltrack-plots-your-calls-on-a-google-calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

jAertel's a great app! Good to see boardsie is the dev. I use it regularly to check flights etc. Anyone looking into making an app for the RTE player similar to the beeb player? I use Call Track also. Its a great way to keep track of support calls when I'm oncall. Think it only supports 2.1 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I was just wondering if anyone had managed to download this app. It works as a remote for your blu-ray player over wifi, if the player is connected to your router. I have an unrooted Hero, and it's a free app, but I can't find it in the market. Any tips?

Zagato wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anyone had managed to download this app. It works as a remote for your blu-ray player over wifi, if the player is connected to your router. I have an unrooted Hero, and it's a free app, but I can't find it in the market. Any tips?

Had a look. No sign here with 2.1 hero with market enabler.

Zagato wrote: »

I can see it with 1.6 G1 and market enabler. Dev must have been unable/forgotten to add support for 2.1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Standard Meteor Hero and I can see it with a UK SIM in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

EPM wrote: »
    Standard Meteor Hero and I can see it with a UK SIM in it

That's a bit strange, if it really is a free app. I have an ordinary Hero (1.5 without market enabler) and the developer's website says it works for 1.5+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Anyone else having problems with WaveSecure?

Every time i turn my phone off/on the wavesecure software loads up, locks the phone and sends messages to my nominated contacts. It also starts trying to track the phone....

I went into setting in the wavesecure menu in the phone but the option "add this sim to the safe sim list@ is greyed out....

Any idea's?

I contemplating removing it but I know once i do then my phone will go missing and I wont be able to track it....

link in case you are not familiar with wavesecure:
    https://www.wavesecure.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭The Machine

Dingatron wrote: »
    Anyone looking into making an app for the RTE player similar to the beeb player?

I agree with Dingatron, It would be great to get RTE player working on android! Hopefully the app apears soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭ryderster

RTE Player
    Ive looked into this briefly about a month ago, but on till the release of flash for the nexus, I cant do much more on this.

But I have signed up to beta testing of flash so when its available Ill give it a go...

ryderster wrote: »
    RTE Player
    Ive looked into this briefly about a month ago, but on till the release of flash for the nexus, I cant do much more on this.

But I have signed up to beta testing of flash so when its available Ill give it a go...

That would be excellent. Is it dependant on the new flash version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭The Machine

Is the Flash for Android only going to work on Nexus One/HTC Desire other phones with a 1Ghz processor?

So does it mean people using Hero or Legend won't be able to use it?

Advertisement