Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Snow Tonight/Thursday Morning (south/midlands/east)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

What a call from WC ! (who is probably getting some well earned zzzzs now after the night vigil).

Couldn't believe it when I looked out the window at 7.00 am. We had approx 2.5 cm here (few miles south of Nenagh in North Tipp). This followed the 2 cm we got between 18.15 and 19.30 on Tuesday evening.

Be interesting to hear from others how far west and northwest this occurred.

Well done again, WC !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Its amazing how often you guys on the East coast see snow. That must be your 6th or 7th this winter. We got snow here down here once this winter (though Cork airport bizzarely recorded it as their heaviest ever!) on 10 Jan but that was our first snow since Christmas day 2004! Before that, I don't recall any snow since 1991! That's two snow falls in 19 years! Its amazing you could have that difference in weather over the space of 150 miles on a small island

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Its amazing how often you guys on the East coast see snow. That must be your 6th or 7th this winter. We got snow here down here once this winter (though Cork airport bizzarely recorded it as their heaviest ever!) on 10 Jan but that was our first snow since Christmas day 2004! Before that, I don't recall any snow since 1991! That's two snow falls in 19 years! Its amazing you could have that difference in weather over the space of 150 miles on a small island

Ditto South Kilkenny and North Kilkenny!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Hey Tinners, are you awake? How's the snow holding up around your area? I should be up that area later and it might be my only chance to see some this winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Hey Tinners, are you awake? How's the snow holding up around your area? I should be up that area later and it might be my only chance to see some this winter!

Webcam here should give you a good idea !!

http://homepage.eircom.net/~osprey/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I am in newbridge also, it's holding up well and starngely enough the temp is actuly dropping , it's 1.5 .

If you want a real treat go into the curragh from j12 on the m7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Ditto South Kilkenny and North Kilkenny!!!

Yes we have snow in North Kilkenny....whats new, it's getting a bit monotonous now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Min wrote: »
    Yes we have snow in North Kilkenny....whats new, it's getting a bit monotonous now.

I know and it's always on the wrong side of Marginal in the south :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

great call WC! I only woke up now and alot of our snow is melted so I hear, about an inch on the ground, heard there was close to 3 inchs this morning so its melting very rapidly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Must to be too much influenced by the sea down south.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Gonzo wrote: »
    great call WC! I only woke up now and alot of our snow is melted so I hear, about an inch on the ground, heard there was close to 3 inchs this morning so its melting very rapidly.

Do you not have a snow alarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Ended up with just 2cm of a covering last night. Some heavy falls in the night. Currently 2.2c and dewpoint of 1.4c. All snow has pretty much thawed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

well i had 1.5 cm of snow this morning, hadnt startde tawing by *.30 anyway, gone when i came home now though.

Well done WC, good call last night.

I should mention that this is prob the first time in years that there was more than one snowfall in a winter, but most of them have been like the one today, 1 cm or so and melted by evening.

Advertisement