Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Snow Tonight/Thursday Morning (south/midlands/east)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

We are managing to miss the decent chunks of precip here, the main chunk just slipped off to our northwest, hoping this new one will give the precip intensity needed.

There's always hope :) Noticeable on windscreens now and cars but street is sopping wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Just heard the fog horns of what i assume is a ferry heading into Dublin Harbour

So calm out there and medium snow falling now.

I would say alot of the commutet belt is going to wake up to a decent fall of snow.

Inland off the east coast got a far fall of snow i would imagine.

Totally unknown to them right now!!

So messy out there, amount or precip is alot, again another what if time but still falling and starting to white the grass.

Mod snow falling and beginning to lie, should have cleared in next 30mins though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Snow falling here and lying :D

Small covering here now :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Didnt see this coming ! Grass and cars out in clonsilla covered. paths also covered in some places but roads are too wet.

thomasj wrote: »
    Didnt see this coming ! Grass and cars out in clonsilla covered. paths also covered in some places but roads are too wet.

Sleeted from around 230-430 then turned more to snow. only really snow here from 530- present

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

About 2cms of snow on the ground here and still snowing. 0.8c DP 0.4c

Good sneaky snow! :D Well not really - fair play to you WC for highlighting yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

all white in Enfield! and I was awake until after 3 and there had been nothing by then! looks a few cm thick on car but paths clear enough

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Left my house between navan and kells at 4.40am took over 1.30mins to get to work in town. Snow was really heavy with about 2inchs already..............damm work but at least Im here now hate to be coming in later!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Celbridge got a lovely covering of snow . That was a surprize to wake up to:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

ha ha snow in saggart good call weathercheck:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bray man

Must've snowed here overnight too, the snowline is very nearly right down to the coast

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

just woke up to a lovely sprinkling of snow here in dundrum (dublin 14) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Just woke up to maybe 1.5-2cm in maynooth!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Lucan covered in snow.
    Roads appear to be ok though.
    According to the radio, Navan and Ratoath got about 3 inches!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snow just stopped now. Snow cover everywhere except roads and pavements.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Excellent call by WC, tip of the hat.

Good covering on cars and roofs this morning in D16 but otherwise extremely wet. Closer I got to City Centre the wetter it got. City Centre is more sleeting with rubbish wet roads. Forecast to clear as the morning goes on but a nice teaser.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

There was about 2cm or so settled in Lucan this morning. What a nice surprise to wake up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Carlow had about 1.5cm on top of the cars this morning. The thaw had already started at 07:50 but it looked nice. Good call WC.

Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

:eek::eek::eek::eek::D
    3cm of the lovely white stuff,thawing out incredibly fast,roads and paths now totally clear and the dreaded drip,drip,drip can now be heard.

great call wc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

This doesn't seem to have gone further north than Dublin, did it? I'm in D13 and I suspect that we may be on the north edge of the fall, considering the reports here and the small scattering that's stuck to the cars and grass outside. The roads are really wet still and there's nothing stuck to concrete that I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

sushisushi wrote: »
    This doesn't seem to have gone further north than Dublin, did it? I'm in D13 and I suspect that we may be on the north edge of the fall, considering the reports here and the small scattering that's stuck to the cars and grass outside. The roads are really wet still and there's nothing stuck to concrete that I can see.

Nah, we got it in Monaghan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Full covering in Bray - good 1.5-2 cm...Was so not expecting this ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

cant find any batterys,so just out the window pics im afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Heavy rain here most of the morning which turned to sleet 30 mins ago and now:

IT'S SNOWING!!!!

Very wet snow with no chance of settling but nice to see nonetheless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

So surprised to wake up to snow this morning !! :pac:

A little pic from Sallins train station attached ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Nice little sprinkling in D18!

Are we due any more this morning or is that it?

Advertisement