Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triax MPEG-4 DTT Receiver & HD Satellite and SD DTT MPEG 4 Combi Receiver

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭horse7

thanks,will give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I don't think its wise to be posting names and addresses on here

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭bbeeforsalmon

basilc wrote: »
    Beware of buying TRIAX ST-HD 537 for your free to view TV.
    I bought mine in June 2011 and had it installed by MARTIN MOORE of Esker Lodge, LUCAN. Co. DUBLIN. My Box died 2 weeks ago and Mr Moore is nowhere to be found.
    I believe he is now calling his new business 'RURAL SECURITY'. Be warned. He is not to be trusted.

Your box is still under manufacturere warranty but I don't know how you will have it replaced - perhaps go to triax directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Your box is still under manufacturere warranty but I don't know how you will have it replaced - perhaps go to triax directly.

Thats a good point, if it was imported through Armstrongs they may be able to help.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ISAA

This is why the ISAA was set up.

To protect the customer, for back up services, and excellent installer servicing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭NewHillel

ISAA wrote: »
    This is why the ISAA was set up.

To protect the customer, for back up services, and excellent installer servicing.

How will the ISAA look after a customer if a member absconds, or goes out of business? Have they a bonding scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Do the ISAA do checks/tests on the installers? Any qualification needed or is it just a pay 200 quid and you're in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Hi all,
    Just wondering if someone can help me. I have a Triax ST HD527 box. In the last few weeks, channels have started 'dropping' off. Example: Channel 5. I googled same, and lots of UK posters indicated that the frequencies have changed but most boxes automatically adjust. However, this does not seem to be the case with the Triax. I manually inserted the new frequencies and symbol rate, and although it looked like it went through a full reset, nothing changed. The new frequency settings were applied.
    Just wondering if I should do a full system reset, and if so how? I have the manual but it is not really useful on my issues...
    Thanks in advance.
    PS - some channels alos switched lately, with the old names but new channels - example: CBS....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Rashers72 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just wondering if someone can help me. I have a Triax ST HD527 box. In the last few weeks, channels have started 'dropping' off. Example: Channel 5. I googled same, and lots of UK posters indicated that the frequencies have changed but most boxes automatically adjust. However, this does not seem to be the case with the Triax. I manually inserted the new frequencies and symbol rate, and although it looked like it went through a full reset, nothing changed. The new frequency settings were applied.
    Just wondering if I should do a full system reset, and if so how? I have the manual but it is not really useful on my issues...
    Thanks in advance.
    PS - some channels alos switched lately, with the old names but new channels - example: CBS....

Only official Sky and Freesat boxes auto update the changes. Like any free to air satellite box you'll need to do this every time a channel moves transponder, which is regular. They added a new satellite last year and rearranging channels and are adding new HD channels all the time

Advertisement