Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Susan12345678

Just been to new Chinese in the forum, peking house.... It was disgusting, would not recommend it at all. Ordered fillet beef in black bean sauce, the meat was awful, totally inedible!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Just been to new Chinese in the forum, peking house.... It was disgusting, would not recommend it at all. Ordered fillet beef in black bean sauce, the meat was awful, totally inedible!

That's terrible, I'm sure you told them of your dissatisfaction though, what was their response?

They look like they have spent a nice big of money getting it up and running, they could really do without negative feedback at such an early stage, so I'm curious as to how they reacted to your complaints

Aquos76 wrote: »
    That's terrible, I'm sure you told them of your dissatisfaction though, what was their response?

They look like they have spent a nice big of money getting it up and running, they could really do without negative feedback at such an early stage, so I'm curious as to how they reacted to your complaints

I did tell them how bad the meat tasted. They apologised and asked if I would like to order something else but to be honest I couldn't stomach anything else... I asked them who supplied their meet and they said they got it from Limerick. It really was a shame because it is a beautiful venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,033 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I find it incredible a chef would send out a piece of meat that poor tbh, from Limerick sounds like they get their meat from Pallas foods (could be wrong obv) What was the outcome of the situation if you don't mind me asking? Did whoever was with you eat their food? How was it? Did they have any explanation as to your own food being of such low quality and how it made it past quality control so to speak?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

I find it incredible a chef would send out a piece of meat that poor tbh, from Limerick sounds like they get their meat from Pallas foods (could be wrong obv) What was the outcome of the situation if you don't mind me asking? Did whoever was with you eat their food? How was it? Did they have any explanation as to your own food being of such low quality and how it made it past quality control so to speak?

Anyone who had chicken were fine but 2 of us had beef and both were awful.... They offered another main course and were very apologetic. I suggested the chef taste the mean but I don't know if he did

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

deisemum wrote: »
    Typical 1980's food included things like prawn cocktail with Marie Rose, Florida or grapefruit salad, egg mayonnaise with paprika and anchovies on top, pate with Melba toast, vol au vonts for starters.

Mains would include things like stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in ham, chicken cordon bleu, breaded plaice, duck a l'Orange, Steak Diane, Beef Wellington, steak au poivre, salmon en croute.

Dessert included black forest gateau, crepe suzette, bavrois, profiteroles, lots of different gateaux.

Wine was usually Blue Nun or Black Tower.

Don't forget apple pie/crumble and sherry trifle in dessert menu:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭deisemum

kaef wrote: »
    Don't forget apple pie/crumble and sherry trifle in dessert menu:)

Yeah served with Chantilly cream :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

I want to go for a nice breakfast in the city tomorrow morning. We usually go to the Pantry, but I'd like to try somewhere new. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tuff1

katydid wrote: »
    I want to go for a nice breakfast in the city tomorrow morning. We usually go to the Pantry, but I'd like to try somewhere new. Any ideas?

Always found No.9 in Georges Court did a great breakfast :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

tuff1 wrote: »

Was just going to post this. It's top notch. If you fancy something a little out of town the thatch in grannagh do a super breakfast too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

tuff1 wrote: »

In the end we got up too late so we did our own version, which was lovely, although we had no mushrooms. :-(

I'll give No. 9 a try next time. Thanks.

Kazbar used do a decent enough breakfast, you would miss Sizzlers (usually at about 4am)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppies2

A few places we've eaten in lately!

The Bay Tree Bistro - Absolutely fantastic, really enjoyed it and cannot wait to return. The value is brilliant and the glass of wine you get with a three course or two course dinner is lovely. Service was great and the chef/owner came out at the end of the night to talk to anyone who was still there which i thought was a great touch. Really nice guy and you can see how enthusiastic he is about serving great locally sourced food at great prices.

Peppers Indian Restaurant - Lovely atmosphere in this restaurant, nicest Indian Restaurant i've eaten in by a country mile, fab food and great service. We've also had takeaways from here and they've always been great.

Espresso - Really wasn't impressed with my dishes (there were about 10 of us in the party some liked it some didn't), service was very slow, we waited about an hour between starter and main course, when one of us asked where our main courses were they were eventually served up with no apology.

Oskars - Have had lunch here regularly and the choice is brilliant, also very good for families have had loads of help when the kids were acting up a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Registered Users Posts: 37,849 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What Waterford needs is a proper build your own burger place. Haven't been to burrazza which would be the closest to it.

I was in one Dublin a while ago (the counter on Suffolk street) U get a pencil and sheet on your table and tick what you want on your burger. It's a bit pricey but worth it.

Any backers and we can open one here lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭hardybuck

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What Waterford needs is a proper build your own burger place. Haven't been to burrazza which would be the closest to it.

I was in one Dublin a while ago (the counter on Suffolk street) U get a pencil and sheet on your table and tick what you want on your burger. It's a bit pricey but worth it.

Any backers and we can open one here lol

Get yourself into Bunsen...or Bobo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Was in Peppers the other night...honestly lads, I predict in a year's time, it will be the only Indian restaurant that people talk about in Waterford. The presentation was like something you'd see on Masterchef and the food was amazing. So far it seems to be a hidden gem but surely it won't be long before they're booked out every night of the week.

They started off terribly imo but they have been getting some rave reviews lately so maybe time I give them another go

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭johnsparkexile

Just back from Bellissimo's. Fantastic meal,absolutely beautiful food and great service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

was in MOMOs there just before christmas, think we got main and dessert for 20, food was absolutely lovely. friendly for people with kids too

There's a Japanese restaurant finally in Waterford 😀 Kyoto on High Street. Cannot wait to try it. Can finally get proper sushi in Waterford!

If I hadn't had Japanese in Dublin today I'd drive in to town to try it now! I'm actually still tempted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

lassykk wrote: »

The menu looks decent enough, a good mix of Asian street food, curries, sushi etc. Tried to go in the other night but we were a day early, they were still adding the finishing touches.

Was supposed to go there tonight, but fell through. Will be in next week though at the latest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,670 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I was recommended to go to Ginos Pizza from a mate and ill be ordering some grub on Saturday but does anyone know do they deliver? There are tonnes of options from JustEat for Waterford City but I don't see Ginos featured..

Ginos deliver but you will need to ring them, any order over 20euro = free delivery. They do a good medium pizza deal, 3 toppings, 2 cans and a garlic bread = 20

Finally got to Kyoto and it didn't disappoint :D

Absolutely top notch sushi and I can highly recommend the bento boxes.

Staff were brilliant too and were really helpful about a severe nut allergy. Even had a chef/senior staff member come over and recommend items suitable that we might not have considered.

Great to finally see a Japanese restaurant in Waterford. Will be back again many times!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Silly question I know? Kyoto is a sit down restaurant isn't it? Not take away only?

Daisy 55 wrote: »
    Silly question I know? Kyoto is a sit down restaurant isn't it? Not take away only?

Yeah, it's a sit down place but does takeaway too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭dzilla

Daisy 55 wrote: »
    lassykk wrote: »

Collection Only regarding Take-Away

Advertisement