Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Awards - Feb 21st 2010

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

It is woeful alright... I'm half considering turning over to Ros na Run!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

A Disgrace wrote: »
    The whole show is dreadful. Our embrace of pre-packaged, boil in the bag pop like the Script and Westlife has seriously damaged us a nation of creative and clever musicians. Adam Clayton barely got a murmur when he arrived, Liam Clancy was greeted with a lot of tan scratching and Bell X1 have just been greeted with all the enthusiasm of a priests willy in a schoolboys lunchbox..

Flights out of the country have never been cheaper folks, get out while you can!!

pure sh1t. from you im afraid. West life produce covers of other songs.Which is bad
    the script is a proper band who write there own music. Listen to it. Just because its popular does not mean its bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Where's Imelda May, fgs?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

gsxr1 wrote: »
    pure sh1t. from you im afraid. West life produce covers of other songs.Which is bad
    the script is a proper band who write there own music. Listen to it. Just because its popular does not mean its bad.

No, but it is bad.. There are a thousand plus bands in Ireland right now who write their own stuff, are they good too because of that?

And why doesn't the drummer appear in promo/appearance shots? Oh yeah, he's a little two rotund for the image...

Woeful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

West life produce covers of other songs.

Poor sign alright. Though I thought one of their own songs "Amazing" was in fact, amazing, and it turned out to be the lowest selling single they have ever released.. so what do I know.. :-(

sorry not that they wrote it themselves, but it wasnt a cover is what I mean.

• Advertisement

No, but it is bad.. There are a thousand plus bands in Ireland right now who write their own stuff, are they good too because of that?

And why doesn't the drummer appear in promo/appearance shots? Oh yeah, he's a little two rotund for the image...

Woeful.

I guess ya just dont like them.
    I do know there are loads of bands who do a great job. I work in the music industry. But I really do think the script are ones to watch . So do many. they are really very talented. And have made it so far. I dont think they are by any means a disgrace to us. It sounds like i am a die hard fan. I not. I just seen these guy rehearse lots of times. from Croke park to Oxegen.
    the coronas are a decent act as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,804 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Oh yeah he gave up talking for Lent.

Funny :rolleyes:

Did I miss the National DJ award?

EDIT-Obviously I did :o

Oh yeah he gave up talking for Lent. Did I miss the National DJ award?

Ray Foley won it.

yeah that lying b*stard in the coronas .. I bet Derval is on the Internet, and Shay Given is ... eh, what did he give up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    i love how all byrams jokes are getting nowhere shes dying on her arse somebody put her out of here misery

You think the jokes are bad now, you should hear the ones edited out!

The worst I remember was in her intro

"a lot has happened in the last year..." "...ireland became a NAMA nation, what does that even stand for anyway? NOT A METEOR AWARDS thats what!"

You could feel the collective cringe...

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jamiecall

Ray Foley won it.

yeah that lying b*stard in the coronas .. I bet Derval is on the Internet, and Shay Given is ... eh, what did he give up again?

Used to listen to Ray Foley. Don't bother anymore. Turned out to be a bit of a prick. Those precious meteor awards went to his head. King of radio my hole

• Advertisement

babo9 wrote: »
    "a lot has happened in the last year..." "...ireland became a NAMA nation, what does that even stand for anyway? NOT A METEOR AWARDS thats what!"

My god that is truly awful. I think it Paddy Cullivan wrote the script again?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

I guess ya just dont like them.
    I do know there are loads of bands who do a great job. I work in the music industry. But I really do think the script are ones to watch . So do many. they are really very talented. And have made it so far. I dont think they are by any means a disgrace to us. It sounds like i am a die hard fan. I not. I just seen these guy rehearse lots of times. from Croke park to Oxegen.
    the coronas are a decent act as well.

Ok, I appreciate that, and it's cool.. I'm not a fan, but enjoy them if you are...

We won't get started on the Coronas though, please!!

I started on them at about half six this evening..

corona-bottle.jpg

ba dum dum ... tish.. ah fk it I'm goin to bed.

Ok, I appreciate that, and it's cool.. I'm not a fan, but enjoy them if you are...

i guess i should not have used the strong words directed toward yourself. Sorry bout that.

all im saying is that they deserved what they got. I hope more good Irish acts can be found
    and do the same next year. They are out there. We have soooo much good music . past and present from our tiny country. Bands like the undertones, snowpatrol, Lizzy
    and the almighty U2 have conquered the world. from derry the dublin. getting played everyday on rock radio all over the world. All ya have to do is go out in dublin any night to find seriously great music.
    I hope to see more on the main stage at the festivals .

I know most of the meteors is a bit of a publicity red carpet sham with mainstream music that may or may not be pure talent.
    but the script where good. and from dublin.. MTV awards next maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I didn't read any of the sarcastic comments through out this thread. There was possible lots.

On a serious note I do think these kinds of awards are good to show some Irish talent, even if that talent is just in pop. While I amn't a fan of pop we should at least support our own pop acts rather than American or British ones, then they can go of to America and Britain and then we can begrudge them what they have. It is a cycle. *

*The last part of that maybe sarcastic :)

Advertisement