Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Awards - Feb 21st 2010

Options
  • 21-02-2010 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

presented by the only Amanda in the world who is more annoying than Amanda Brunker...... Will ya stop shouting you silly mare, the microphone is on.....

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Sh1t! I thought this wasn't on until 9.30.

Who's this crazy wun?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ah jaysis to be shur to be shur!

I hate the phony oirish accent Amanda Byram puts on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I tuned in for a minute to watch Florence and the Machine... and was gonna watch a few minutes of the awards, but then Patrick Kielty came on stage and I turned off the TV...

The BAFTAS on BBC.

Would prefer to watch the BAFTAs but going to bed now so only got bog channels upstairs.

Guess it's the screaming kids on the Meteors so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

amdublin wrote: »
    Guess it's the screaming kids on the Meteors so.

And thats just the yoke presenting it. My god Victoria Smurfit gave her a masterclass last night. And presenting is what Byram does the whole time.... !! She's lucky she's pretty, cos there aint a whole lot else going on..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Didn't Byram have a mole on her face one time? I can't seem to see it, just switched this on. Did the Americans make her get rid of it or what?

Who's this blonde one?

Pixie Lott, apparently..

Didn't Byram have a mole on her face one time? I can't seem to see it, just switched this on. Did the Americans make her get rid of it or what?

No she said she got rid of it herself but apparently it will grow back (eeugh) and she will have to get it done again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Just wait for the script.

fantastic..

• Advertisement

JESUS CHRIST that fake lesbian act was just stupid.

What is with Byram's accent?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Really bad... And it had the potential to be something special too!!
    Seriously though, WTF? Who was the Virginia one? Never heard of her. Mutton dressed up as lamb. The other girl is quite sexy in fairness to her.

yeah awful, all of the scripted stuff has been awful. I would have rathered see Leigh Arnold kissing Chloe Arnold anyway. :-)

Patrick Bergin was on the lock anyway. Hope Jim Corr comes on and says something crazy (as usual).

have to laugh how all these rich folk love to give each other a pat on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Just wait for the script.

fantastic..

Yup they were deadly. Although I think they're only going to show the first song they did because that's all they were meant to do. Hopefully they'll add in the other three!

I would have rathered see Leigh Arnold kissing Chloe Arnold anyway. :-)

Duurty

Yup they were deadly. Although I think they're only going to show the first song they did because that's all they were meant to do. Hopefully they'll add in the other three!

They played Live.

Top class artists

Have the Script been on the TV already?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Have the Script been on the TV already?

No, they're at the end.

• Advertisement

I think Niall Melon is the only Irish lad that built a stack of houses and didnt lose his b****x..
    They played Live. the only ones that did.

You sure about that, the other two girls looked like they were singing live. Only song I like by The Script is The Man Who Cant Be Moved. But I had to learn it off for a wedding and I'm sick to death of it as well at this stage..

Yeah no-one's listening to you Grainne.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

ah the scots....they're really just paddys who can't swim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

i love how all byrams jokes are getting nowhere shes dying on her arse somebody put her out of here misery

How could he not mention Guns N Roses in slane. "The" biggest things that happened there............. apart from U2

Hard to believe that they give him award this year after the shambles taht was Slane this year.. Joe Duffy got a week about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

The whole show is dreadful. Our embrace of pre-packaged, boil in the bag pop like the Script and Westlife has seriously damaged us a nation of creative and clever musicians. Adam Clayton barely got a murmur when he arrived, Liam Clancy was greeted with a lot of tan scratching and Bell X1 have just been greeted with all the enthusiasm of a priests willy in a schoolboys lunchbox..

Flights out of the country have never been cheaper folks, get out while you can!!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

I think Temper Traps preformance says it all. The announcement of the band barely raised a whisper, but as soon as the opening notes played out and every said 'OMG, it's the song from the o2 ad' they went mental, but quickly lost interest and went back to taking self-shots of themsleves for their bebo..

Yes, Patrick Bergin was langers.. But I would be too if I had to endure that rubbish...

I've lost the will to type.

• Advertisement

Brian Kennedy is a very good singer, but his songs are rubbish. he could have been big if they'd got the right songs to him..

It is amazing to notice the cheers are for only the good looking music stars...

Advertisement