Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car using oil

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

My car is serviced every 6000klms by Audi at a cost of €290 a pop,A technician services your car when you leave it in for a service,Not a mechanic.A mechanic fixes your car if there is a problem with it,Lets get this part right!
    My VAG engine uses oil and this is a very common problem,What do you suggest?

Your car is burning oil at a rate of 4 litres per 6k? thats quite impressive! 0.6ml of oil a mile.

Qualification wise, what is the difference between a mechanic and a Technician?

What do I suggest? perhaps stop being deluded into thinking Audi > everything else.
    Then bring it to a Mechanic and get the engine fixed. Although at 0.6ml per mile I'd avail of scrappage scheme and buy a renault :p

Common sense really if you treat it like a baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Ban Ki Moon

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Is it me or does anyone else think that we will start to see more of this kind of thing from cars that have long-life or extended service interval oils in them?
    Oil is the lifeblood of an engine, it cools and lubricates, not changing oil is a recipe for disaster, small fragments of swarf being thrown around your engine at high speeds can be no good for anyone.
    I think the main reason that manufacturers have moved towards such huge service intervals is to appeal to fleet buyers who calculate costs of runnig fleets based on things like oil change costs, not engine longevity past 3 years.
    My diesel has 246k miles and doesn't use any oil between services but then I do 6k mile services Oil and filter.
    Cheap insurance IMO.
    You drive a what?

CJhaughey wrote: »
    How does this statement equate to this?:

Because hes trying to save face, by talking gick.

kona wrote: »
    Your car is burning oil at a rate of 4 litres per 6k? thats quite impressive! 0.6ml of oil a mile.

Qualification wise, what is the difference between a mechanic and a Technician?

What do I suggest? perhaps stop being deluded into thinking Audi > everything else.
    Then bring it to a Mechanic and get the engine fixed. Although at 0.6ml per mile I'd avail of scrappage scheme and buy a renault :p

Common sense really if you treat it like a baby.
    Someone doesnt like Audi?

Someone doesnt like Audi?

You obviously dont , abusing the crap out of it:p

Ive no problem with any car, all manufacturers have nice cars.

I just dont like the way pretenders, look down their nose at other marques, just because they were lucky enough to afford a "premium" car which they cant be arsed servicing, yet claim they "treat it like a baby".

Im sure when you go to sell this Lemon that you will not ask for less than 12k and lie through your teeth saying that its serviced regularly.

Believe it or not, you could have a Ferrari, Unless you service it, a routinely serviced Morris Marina will prove more reliable.

• Advertisement

kona wrote: »
    You obviously dont , abusing the crap out of it:p

Ive no problem with any car, all manufacturers have nice cars.

I just dont like the way pretenders, look down their nose at other marques, just because they were lucky enough to afford a "premium" car which they cant be arsed servicing, yet claim they "treat it like a baby".

Im sure when you go to sell this Lemon that you will not ask for less than 12k and lie through your teeth saying that its serviced regularly.

Believe it or not, you could have a Ferrari, Unless you service it, a routinely serviced Morris Marina will prove more reliable.
    You are what most people would just call a prick,as if you dont belive in something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

You are what most people would just call a prick,as if you dont belive in something.

I'm banning you for 7 days for that one

Edit: Might as well lock this seeing as the OP is now banned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement