Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lvl 60+ really slow leveling

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

I think they are great. Used the leather for leveling my druid.

Started a warlock, and have both cloths, the staff and two trinkets, which make leveling 20% faster, less downtime (he is currently using the health and spellpower trinkets as i forgot to buy a second SP one). They do scale quite well with level.

Started a shaman too, and im just going to use the shadowcraft shoulders and tunic for now, with a hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Your talking as if its a new discovery.

If you have an 80 char, and your levelling a new alt wihtout the heirlooms, your an absolute lunatic?!??!?!!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

No everyone has time to farm 300+ badges to get the heirlooms though. And other people just cant stand leveling alts, like me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Yeah I wouldn't be bothered at all levelling another alt but I just always wanted a Druid so I'll stick with it. God awful tedious though, I've been through the levelling area's so many times it just get's so boring. I break the monotany up with levelling herbalism and mining on the Druid and playing the AH every now and again (currently 4k gold on the Druid) to help with getting the gold for the Artisan riding skill for the improved flight form at 70.

Read something somewhere that you can get it (level 70 flight form and artisan riding) on the Druid via an instance, thereby saving the gold needed but I'd be feckin years waiting for a pug.

Would love to break up the questing crap with AV but there's just maybe 1 or 2 AV's a day at this level (61-70) and I'm hearing it's the same now for 71+ AV so I guess I'll be banging my head against the wall a lot more in the days to come going through the same quests I did so many times before on other alts :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Read something somewhere that you can get it (level 70 flight form and artisan riding) on the Druid via an instance, thereby saving the gold needed but I'd be feckin years waiting for a pug.
    I'd be up for it on my druid who's 69. The final part of the quest is in heroic Shattered Halls, so it'd be easy enough if we hijack a level 80 with the key to come.

• Advertisement

Cool, I'll hold you to that so and hit you up for a group once I've levelled that far myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I'm guessing that's for Druids only?

The quest is yeah but the group would more than welcome any others for sure :)

If I'm right also, there's some deadly mount that drops from the last boss also, which of course all will roll on.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,001 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

2 Espressi wrote: »
    I'm guessing that's for Druids only?
    Druid Flight Morph, yeah.

http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=11001

^^ Posting for reference later when required :)

Mount the boss drops...

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32768

• Advertisement

Actually, arse to it, turns out you still need to pay for the Artisan riding skill no matter what :( This quest was just the requirement you had to do for the 280% swift flight form in the past, now you can just learn it from a trainer either way.

That's a pity, guess I'll have to keep saving up gold for the riding skill regardless.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I really want to level a Druid too, but i'm gonna hold off till Cata and roll one then to try the new zones. Will be decked out in Heirlooms as well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 82,001 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Kiith wrote: »
    I really want to level a Druid too, but i'm gonna hold off till Cata and roll one then to try the new zones. Will be decked out in Heirlooms as well :P
    There may be better looms in Cataclysm :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Overheal wrote: »
    There may be better looms in Cataclysm :p
    Lego Loom!

lego-loom.jpg

Ahh Google, is there anything you can't do :P

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Im gonna make a goblin priest when Cataclysm comes along. And maybe a Tauren(?) paladin.

Always wanted to play a pala but cant stand blood elves.

Im really looking forward to the entire place being shook up for cataclysm. will make leveling fun again. I personally wanna play different classes, not even just at 80, and end game, but atm, having leveled 5 or 6 toons through vanilla, and 4 through TBC, and then 3 through WOTLK, it gets very repetitive...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Actually, arse to it, turns out you still need to pay for the Artisan riding skill no matter what :( This quest was just the requirement you had to do for the 280% swift flight form in the past, now you can just learn it from a trainer either way.

That's a pity, guess I'll have to keep saving up gold for the riding skill regardless.
    True, but it's worth it for a shot at the mount, and it's probably soloable with decent gear at 80.

As for levelling in general, I find it's better to make it a bit more interesting yourself by changing the way you do it. e.g. I had a BM hunter which (though easy) was incredibly boring while levelling. I respecced to survival and ditched the pet completely and now it's a lot more interesting. Same goes for when I was levelling my mage. Switched to only killing things by AoE grinding them which made it a lot more fun.

Never though of doing that with my hunter, though it's something I do with the shaman all the time, healing pugs, and Rdpsing through quests...

Thing I did with my DK for a load of levels was just constantly farm for the captured firefly pets from the bogflare needler mobs in Zangamarsh.

http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=20197

If I remember rightly, 4 of them dropped in total, which payed for the artisan flying skill.

Not sure what they sell for these days though.

There's a quest in BT where you get [Pouch of Crushed Bloodspore] which allows you to fight L71 elites as regular L69s, though you still get the XP at the L71E rate. I managed half a level after just a couple of runs through the cave.

Advertisement