Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

petrol & diesel prices. Tesco taking the mick In Tullamore

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I've been ignoring Tesco's filling stations since price hike came in. They put up their price a full day before anyone else & haven't come down

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Tesco Dundrum today is 122.9 for petrol/113.9 for diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

average price in dublin is now 126.9 having looked at about 10 stations on the way up there yesterday. cheapest i saw was on the quays at 125.9. most others varied between 126.9 and 128.9......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Tescos should just stop being a business and stop trying to make money, and just give us everything for free

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

TomTom wrote: »
    Lads I was debating in my mind weather to close this thread and delete it or leave it be. I do not see anything too damaging in it to be honest. People are entitled to air their opinion about things and while certain stations are mentioned I feel that comments mad about them were countered with other comments. I do not believe this will sway peoples opinions too much.

Keep it civil and on track. Boards.ie is a private company so if I do feel it is getting out of hand all will be deleted and people will be banned.

Agreed, but listening to G Ryan this morning and the Mark Little interview, its clear to me that comments on pricing are one thing but comments on product quality is a little OTT. Particularly when its based on old wives' tales about oil that are not true. Parish pump stuff.

• Advertisement

motorman wrote: »
    There is nothing sadder than arguing on a forum about nothing. Stay on topic lads and quit bickering about wording choice. And don’t write back to me with a rant of silly abuse I am not interested.

As regards Tesco I think you guys are right, they ran a reduced price to get customers under their belt which worked really well at the time. There was a constant queue there for quite some time. More recent the queue is not so apparent, bearing in mind people have less money now than they did back when it opened I might go as far as to suggest people are wise to it and doing the typical Irish thing of going somewhere else without complaint.

I apologise to readers for being petty and pedantic. But some of the 'opinion' stuff was bothersome where facts and reputation were key.

"I might go as far as to suggest people are wise to it and doing the typical Irish thing of going somewhere else without complaint"
    Very true and well called. People are street smart generally and increasingly so as the money famine hits......

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭garden

Fact anyone local to the kilbeggan area knows Magees were done before for laundered diesel - can't for the life of me find it on any of the local newspaper sites - it was def reported on the examiner or topic but here is link

http://www.irisoifigiuil.ie/archive/2007/march/2007%2003%2027%20IO%20Issue.PDF scroll down to page 17

garden wrote: »
    Fact anyone local to the kilbeggan area knows Magees were done before for laundered diesel - can't for the life of me find it on any of the local newspaper sites - it was def reported on the examiner or topic but here is link

http://www.irisoifigiuil.ie/archive/2007/march/2007%2003%2027%20IO%20Issue.PDF scroll down to page 17

That's in the past admittedly but I appreciate that info as I'm sure do others. That's what's known as a solid fact, nothing make-upy there.
    Worth noting though that that laundered product may still be fine for your engine and mpg, just not paying proper duties and excises. Still bogey however in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭garden

I can't find the article but at the time remember reading that they tested it and something had been done affecting the quality of the diesel/petrol and the revenue tested it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,897 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

An Ri rua wrote: »

If you are concerned about fuel usage folks, don't fill your tank fully. Keep it beween 1/4 and 3/4 full mainly. This means your car is carrying less weight.
    I haven't read the full thread yet, but I just wanted to state that this is BS. The change in weight from driving around with less weight is easily offset by having to make more regular visits to the pumps and by more probable affects on your fuel filter. The difference between a quarter full tank and a full tank is approx 45-50kg. The weight of a teenager, and in the grand scheme of things is insignificant considering that it only adds 2.5% of the total weight of an average family saloon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement