Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

They stole my car - Black Fiat Punto 97, ***Reward Offer***

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

AzureAuto wrote: »
    My missus' 97 VW polo went missing today. It had been sitting on side of road waiting fr bodywork to be done for a couple of weeks, but in plain sight of house. This is a housing estate, not a public road, mind. No sign of break in. No authority given by Gards. Nothing to do with council either. However, the last couple of days Ive found a note from a Scrap Metal collector under the wiperblade, which I duly removed. Thankfully i kept this, and gave your man a call "...I dont do that kind of thing" says he.
    Coincidence?
    Whats the next step? Im going to my local environmental disposal/scrapyard tomorrow morn first thing to check whether it has been taken there to be shifted for a quick buck.
    Any ideas?
    That is called theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Im sure that the mk1 had an immobiliser too. They came with the dreaded red key which had to be retained for any future coding etc. Ive seen more than one going through the auction too without keys for this very reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭AzureAuto

Bond-007 wrote: »
    That is called theft.

Quite. But how do I prove anything? Nobody has heard of this fella, God knows if I could find him. I would have liked to have caught the c**t at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

AzureAuto wrote: »
    Quite. But how do I prove anything? Nobody has heard of this fella, God knows if I could find him. I would have liked to have caught the c**t at it.
    Go down the cop shop and give them his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

msg11 wrote: »
    Fingal Co. Co.

Tel: (01) 890 5000
    Email: info@fingalcoco.ie
    After hours tel: (01) 873 1415

What time did you park it at? There are alot of Car Garages around the quick park and it could have been removed TBH. There is one housing estate around there. I would usual say they would rob the cars and bring them around the Airport.

I called the number above but I get no answer....I will try again this afternoon though.
    This post has been deleted.

Called this number and they said they wouldn't take it so soon.

I just wonder if the systems of these depos are centralized? Just in case they drove it around and left it somewhere around the city.....

I also called my insurance....they said I would get something between 200 and 400 € (LOL) for it, but it would impact my no claims bonus, so obviusly it is not even worth to make the claim. This was the last of my problems anyway :mad: ...I just don't get though why if you have a Comprehensive insurance and make a claim, it impacts your bonus? Had I known that I wouldn't even have bothered to get a comprehensive insurance....anyway not a big deal.

I will go for a drive around the airport area tomorrow and search around. I am not going to give up!

Maybe I can print some leaflets for missing car and spread them in the area :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Ring the Guardai and council and find out who in the area lifts cars

Odds are its been lifted as they are not the easiest of cars to steal.

Advertisement