Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ya the lads are gelling really well and I’d say the segments on them in gym will be gas

Ray and Jay's Early Morning Sex Game this morning...thats the kinda random stuff I have missed from the old show :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

IUA14 wrote: »
    Ray and Jay's Early Morning Sex Game this morning...thats the kinda random stuff I have missed from the old show :D

Ya that was brilliant!!

http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/features/ray-foley-commutes-from-dublin-to-cork-to-join-jason-coughlan-on-air-459430.html

Missed this when it came out, a good read and interview with the lads about the show and a couple of points to how its different than 98.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/features/ray-foley-commutes-from-dublin-to-cork-to-join-jason-coughlan-on-air-459430.html

Missed this when it came out, a good read and interview with the lads about the show and a couple of points to how its different than 98.

Not what I thought jay looked like!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

He genuinely sounds much happier. I really hope that’s the case and it’s jusy not for the interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

There's a lunchtime slot going on Today FM, just sayin'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

leggo wrote: »
    Would love him to get it but... who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

But didn't he have a falling out with e certain female in Marconi House?

A former colleague too.

Can't see it happening much and all as I'd love to see it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leggo wrote: »

Not a chance would he get the show.
    lambayire wrote: »
    But didn't he have a falling out with e certain female in Marconi House?

A former colleague too.

Can't see it happening much and all as I'd love to see it.

And he didnt have a falling out with a former colleague. He certain has had a fallen out with management there.

Loughc wrote: »
    Not a chance would he get the show.

And he didnt have a falling out with a former colleague. He certain has had a fallen out with management there.

That colleague is now in management.

• Advertisement

That colleague is now in management.

Are you talking about Mairead Farrell, that's hardly a falling out, they're still civil and professional when they need to work together on TV3.

The top guys in TodayFM seem to have it in for Foley tho.

Nope, not Mairead. Sure, she doesn't work there anymore.

Think of someone who is not Anne and went off had had babies on a regular basis.

You can name here if you wish. I won't.

Nope, not Mairead. Sure, she doesn't work there anymore.

Think of someone who is not Anne and went off had had babies on a regular basis.

You can name here if you wish. I won't.

I know who you're talking about, I wan't aware they had a falling out.

Yeah they did. Got a careful mention in o NTN podcast when that was on the go.
    Probably around the time of the appearance on Anton's show.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know who you're talking about, I wan't aware they had a falling out.

Well Ray hinted at it on the podcast he used to do. Well I could have picked it up wrong but Ray was hinted strongly that there was an issue there without naming anyone.

Are you talking about Mairead Farrell, that's hardly a falling out, they're still civil and professional when they need to work together on TV3.

For Mairead they didn’t fall out, sure herself and Foley are always having the craic on Twitter!

For Mairead they didn’t fall out, sure herself and Foley are always having the craic on Twitter!

I know I said they didn't fall out, I think there was one jab between them that got blown out of proportion Ray mentioned it during a NTN podcast before but he said they were grand after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 loumasry

Yeah they did. Got a careful mention in o NTN podcast when that was on the go.
    Probably around the time of the appearance on Anton's show.

Yes I listened to that podcast and I think I know what you are talking about. He seemed quite hurt by it, if it is what we both think it is. I thought it was interesting that the other lads didn't tell him to shut up or laugh at him like they usually would, so it seemed quite real if that makes sense. Wasn't Ann Gleeson a casualty of the situation too? It's quite sad when you think back to when they were on the radio together and they were all good pals.

I wish they would get back and do an NTN together again though. I listen to his Red FM podcast and it's good but not the same.

loumasry wrote: »
    I wish they would get back and do an NTN together again though. I listen to his Red FM podcast and it's good but not the same.

The RedFM is getting better and better but I do really miss JP, Ann and even Alan.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

To be honest, I'm not sure I even would like Ray to go back to Today FM anymore.

I mean, sure, it'd be cool to have him national again, but, I dunno, it might just be me but what made Today FM great in those days doesn't seem to be there anymore. I'm going to sound arsey here, but it doesn't sound like a family anymore, just people doing radio shows. Maybe it's just nostalgia talking, I dunno. It makes me sad though, I remember the days when I could listen to Ian, D'Arcy, Foley, Fenton, Cooper, Tom Dunne/Paul McLoone/KC straight through. Now there's so much bad vibes around the station (and that's even before this weekend's kerfuffle).

I think it's great that Foley's doing well on Red. He's been there much longer I'd have thought to be honest (not because I thought the show would fail, I just assumed he was taking it short term and wouldn't stick living in Cork away from the family).

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    To be honest, I'm not sure I even would like Ray to go back to Today FM anymore.

I mean, sure, it'd be cool to have him national again, but, I dunno, it might just be me but what made Today FM great in those days doesn't seem to be there anymore. I'm going to sound arsey here, but it doesn't sound like a family anymore, just people doing radio shows. Maybe it's just nostalgia talking, I dunno. It makes me sad though, I remember the days when I could listen to Ian, D'Arcy, Foley, Fenton, Cooper, Tom Dunne/Paul McLoone/KC straight through. Now there's so much bad vibes around the station (and that's even before this weekend's kerfuffle).

I think it's great that Foley's doing well on Red. He's been there much longer I'd have thought to be honest (not because I thought the show would fail, I just assumed he was taking it short term and wouldn't stick living in Cork away from the family).

I get what you mean...I do think thats a problem at the top...Willie O'Reilly seemed to run things far better, and I don't think the current boss has a clue to be honest. I would rather Today FM go and poach someone from 2FM for lunchtimes and create a slot for Foley and the gang there instead. That being said I am really enjoying having a cracking breakfast show to listen to in the morning...and if things keep going well that will be hard for people to ignore. The way Communicorp is these days could be changes in management before long anyway.

Bit random the lads being off this week? Only just started the Buddy the Elf calls and after this week only 2 weeks until they finish up for Christmas/New Year I imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

I think next book will show Kc going ahead tbh. I prefer Rays show but i think Kc and ross put more into their show one thing they both start together at 6am. Jay seems to rock up when he feels like it.

Bit random the lads being off this week? Only just started the Buddy the Elf calls and after this week only 2 weeks until they finish up for Christmas/New Year I imagine?

Ray seems to be doing something on the 6 o clock show every day this week so maybe he needed to take the week off for other commitments.

But yeah strange timing seeing as Christmas holidays are coming.

Have had to resort to a myriad of podcasts in the morning without the two lads...3 weeks off for Christmas, wouldn’t mind that myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Have had to resort to a myriad of podcasts in the morning without the two lads...3 weeks off for Christmas, wouldn’t mind that myself!
    I honestly don't think he'll be back, it's very similar to what happened with KC last year. No one gets three weeks off over Christmas not even Darcy or Dempsey.

I honestly don't think he'll be back, it's very similar to what happened with KC last year. No one gets three weeks off over Christmas not even Darcy or Dempsey.
    Maybe he's returning to Today FM?

Really what makes you think that?

Maybe he's returning to Today FM?

Not a chance he’d go back there after what they did to him.

• Advertisement

Not a chance he’d go back there after what they did to him.
    Stranger things have happened.

Advertisement