Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SAnx

Saaron wrote: »
    Yeah I avoid leaving the house if possible and I think that's the worst thing to do, but the fear of feeling ill keeps me inside. The worst thing is that I'm not going back to college this year so that's just another reason to stay inside :(

It gives me hope that you're pretty much over it though. What helped you get better?

I have tryed and done EVERYTHING ! ha no really everything from light therapy to hypnotherapy, Happy tabs to medation and to be honest they all worked but when put together i still needed a kick to get back to having my life back, So i made the best and hardest decesion ever to join the Social anxiety Ireland program in Dublin, it was hard to start going their but once you see everyone is their for the same reason. I really started looking forward to going every week and i hade to drive from Galway. Have you tryed anything like this??? what part of Ireland are you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

SAnx wrote: »
    I have tryed and done EVERYTHING ! ha no really everything from light therapy to hypnotherapy, Happy tabs to medation and to be honest they all worked but when put together i still needed a kick to get back to having my life back, So i made the best and hardest decesion ever to join the Social anxiety Ireland program in Dublin, it was hard to start going their but once you see everyone is their for the same reason. I really started looking forward to going every week and i hade to drive from Galway. Have you tryed anything like this??? what part of Ireland are you from?

I couldn't imagine having to drive all the way from Galway! That would make me into a bag of nerves! I haven't tried anything like that, the only thing I have tried is hypnotherapy which helped me cope a little bit but that was a few years ago and it's been worse the last few months.

I'm in Dublin but I've never really though about joining an Anxiety Program but the fact it helped you and you enjoyed it makes me want to look into something like that.

Even though I know that getting out it really important it's so hard to get over that fear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Saaron wrote: »
    Yeah I avoid leaving the house if possible and I think that's the worst thing to do, but the fear of feeling ill keeps me inside. The worst thing is that I'm not going back to college this year so that's just another reason to stay inside :(

It gives me hope that you're pretty much over it though. What helped you get better?

Hey could you share more details about that SA group it sounds helpful thanks.:)

I've been feeling quite good the past few days, the difference is that I'm on a break from work and am staying with my parents. So I'm around people I know and trust. Once I get home and I'm staring at four walls again, I'll go downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

sam34 wrote: »
    fisgon, I've deleted your post.

please do not give advice about altering doses of prescription meds on this forum.

Apologies, though I was just trying to help someone experiencing bad side effects from an anti-depressant. The advice I gave wasn't in any way harmful, and wouldn't have harmed the person if they took it.

Anyway, how about this....for the person who was experiencing side effects from Lexapro, go to your doc and talk about it, they may be able to reduce your dose for a short time, to lessen the side effects. There's no reason to suffer if you don't have to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Had a severe relapse tonight =/ Nearly hurt myself again. Luckily I calmed down on time. If I hadnt god knows what would have happened. I keep ruining my life and I HATE it so much :(

SugarHigh wrote: »
    Hey could you share more details about that SA group it sounds helpful thanks.:)

Hi Sugarhigh, ya sure the website is http://socialanxietyireland.com/
    It is ran by Odhran maCarty and his assantants , its a 14 week course every wensday from 6 -8 or a bit later, It is on in the matter.

for me it was really nerve racking going in the first day but after that it was something to look forward to and so so benifical. The guys up their are great and trust me they have seen it all before, Its strange that once you get to know the people in the course how commen SA really is and that it is treatable

Myself and everone that was at the course took alot away from the course and the only down side is the 14 weeks fly! and you would miss the crew :)

Had a severe relapse tonight =/ Nearly hurt myself again. Luckily I calmed down on time. If I hadnt god knows what would have happened. I keep ruining my life and I HATE it so much :(

I really feel for you if you wana chat you know where i am, Mind yourself!

I really feel for you if you wana chat you know where i am, Mind yourself!

The aniexty is killing me. I just wish I could go sleep for 6 months and wake up when all this nightmare is over :(

The aniexty is killing me. I just wish I could go sleep for 6 months and wake up when all this nightmare is over :(
    I dont know your situation but hopefully i can get to know you, Are you sleeping ok at night? i found it one of the first things to set off anxiety with me is being tired !?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Finally got a good nights sleep thanks to the seroquel,the racing thoughts that I've had for the last few days seem to have calmed down a wee bit too,they'e definitely not as intense anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Hate everyone, everything, especially me though for not being able to snap myself out of this.
    Logic says "It's an illness, and you can't snap yourself out of an illness."
    But my feelings say "You're weak. Cop on to yourself."

Hate everyone, everything, especially me though for not being able to snap myself out of this.
    Logic says "It's an illness, and you can't snap yourself out of an illness."
    But my feelings say "You're weak. Cop on to yourself."

It is a illness but it takes time and dedication and patients hang in their you will get their trust me

So the Xanex are stopping me hurting myself. But they arent stopping the panic attacks. This is not a good sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

i dont think i've ever felt this **** for this long. why can i not just have a normal falling out with someone, instead of it making me feel like this. i mean having to call in sick to work... i can't call in again tomorrow.

what's bothering me most now is that i told two of my friends exactly how bad i was feeling as soon as i was talking to them, and neither even considered visiting me, to make sure i was ok like. i'm actually devastated. one of them is like a really good friend and i never would've thought things would turn out like this. it actually feels like a kind of grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Some people just feel uncomfortable talking about feelings or being in the company of people who are depressed,when group of 'friends' found out I'd been hospitalised last year cos of depression only 1 person out of 9 or 10 people even bothered to text or call into the house(when I was allowed home) to see how I was doing.

I know it feels shít and it seems like nobody gives a crap but try not to take it too personally(easier said then done I know)

Hope you feel a bit better soon.

Some people just feel uncomfortable talking about feelings or being in the company of people who are depressed,when group of 'friends' found out I'd been hospitalised last year cos of depression only 1 person out of 9 or 10 people even bothered to text or call into the house(when I was allowed home) to see how I was doing.

I know it feels shít and it seems like nobody gives a crap but try not to take it too personally(easier said then done I know)

Hope you feel a bit better soon.

Ya same happened to me when some of my friends found out i was on tablets for depression, The stigma is bad people should try to understand better. But on the up side i found out who my REAL friends were!!

well then it would appear i have no real friends.

well then it would appear i have no real friends.

Maybe its just that they dont understand, i mean people assumed i was mad or something in the tablets untill i sat one or two down and told them, if it was the rite thing to do i dont know as i have drifted from them awhile back and if that contributed to it i dont know

Maybe its just that they dont understand, i mean people assumed i was mad or something in the tablets untill i sat one or two down and told them, if it was the rite thing to do i dont know as i have drifted from them awhile back and if that contributed to it i dont know

one friend told me he'd be offended if i didnt talk to him about my depression, and assured me he's spoken to many of his friends about their depression, and is used to it. his reaction was to tell me to go for a walk, or listen to music.

the other well, i just thought he was more understanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭alanzo27

I suffer from anxiety and depression for the last 4 years now, along with other problems. I've been told everything from 'It's just hormones' or 'It's only a phase you'll get over it' when in fact it is not that simple at all. My anxiety prevents me from going far from home, and it isn't getting any better. I've always been a shy person, but now it's like I can't go anywhere without panicking for no apparent reason. I suffer from migraine also, and I've been to doctors, even had an MRI scan because I thought something physical was wrong with me. I also suffer from eye floaters and snowy vision, which doesn't make the situation any better. I am trying to fight it, but it's not easy. I've gotten everything tested and it all came back normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

Having spent the last week wondering about my life
    I really do feel as though I'd be better off dead . Strike that I wish I were dead , everything would be a lot easier if I were dead . There isnt any pills that block out memories and I cannot help thinking back over mine .
    I want to just disappear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Had a wave of anxiety and dread hit me today in work. There's been a lot of changes there recently and I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all. Spent most of the day fighting off the urge to cry. :(

jammstarr wrote: »
    Had a wave of anxiety and dread hit me today in work. There's been a lot of changes there recently and I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all. Spent most of the day fighting off the urge to cry. :(

Ah :( its not easy when the situation your used to and comfortable with changes, you will be used to it soon, What was the main thing that bothered you?

There's a certain amount of "winging it" involved but I'm not from the background that this role is all about so I'm pretty much lost. I've ongoing anxiety/depression issues already but it feels like this is the straw breaking the camel's back.

jammstarr wrote: »
    There's a certain amount of "winging it" involved but I'm not from the background that this role is all about so I'm pretty much lost. I've ongoing anxiety/depression issues already but it feels like this is the straw breaking the camel's back.

I think i know what you mean is it the assertivness and that i know i was bad for not wanting to make a mistake so much that i would pretty much only do Exactly what i was told to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

My brain not working is keeping me this way.
    How am I supposed to climb out if I can't manage the thought processes involved in simple planning?
    Counselling is no use.
    I know I need to do something though.
    Change my behaviour or physiology and I'll change my cognition and emotions.
    I know this from all the million times I've previously been this way.
    But when I try to expand upon this and actually plan anything whatsoever, it's suddenly 3 hours later and I come to and realise I've stared at a wall all day.
    I just feel so dead inside.
    Don't want to feel this way, but don't want to do anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

Been on effexor for almost 12 years now- It works very well for me. I have had 2/3 very tough periods of time but always came out of it.
    I'm interested to know has anyone else been taking effexor this long? What are their experiences of it?

My brain not working is keeping me this way.
    How am I supposed to climb out if I can't manage the thought processes involved in simple planning?
    Counselling is no use.
    I know I need to do something though.
    Change my behaviour or physiology and I'll change my cognition and emotions.
    I know this from all the million times I've previously been this way.
    But when I try to expand upon this and actually plan anything whatsoever, it's suddenly 3 hours later and I come to and realise I've stared at a wall all day.
    I just feel so dead inside.
    Don't want to feel this way, but don't want to do anything else.

Think cognitive behavioural therapy would be good have you tried it? Cant recomment it highly enough!

• Advertisement

Yeah just a lot of pressure. Time will tell I suppose. F it anyway. I need to look at the silver lining. I have it pretty sweet towards what others have going on in their lives.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement