Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Chrisita

These have had an incredibly positive effect on me, multi stain bifidus in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Chrisita wrote: »
    These have had an incredibly positive effect on me, multi stain bifidus in my case.

What have???

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Chiquitita

I think they mean probiotics?

Having the following:
    dry mouth, feel like my head is really heavy, shaky, being even more silent than unusual, my thoughts are still there but im not getting the panic...

Anyone else experiencing this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Felt normal there for a few hours, but the dread, worry and sick feeling has started to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LanaFey

Crying again. Just feel so bloody lonely :(

• Advertisement

Thinking of you both...try get some sleep xx

How did things get this bad, I'm in a very dark place this morning. Feels like this will never end and this problem will never go away :(

Got to sleep eventually but was awake at 5.30am, heart pounding, completely panicked. In work now feeling exhausted and sick to my stomach. Really wish I could just go home and stay in bed for the day.

LanaFey wrote: »
    Got to sleep eventually but was awake at 5.30am, heart pounding, completely panicked. In work now feeling exhausted and sick to my stomach. Really wish I could just go home and stay in bed for the day.

Why don't you just go home sick?

I had a mini breakdown this morning and called into work sick.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Krypton, speaking for myself i'm on a warning for calling in sick, despite having doctor's notes. Depends on the job i guess. How are you today?

LanaFey, could you sneak to the bathroom or somewhere for fifteen minutes to calm yourself, maybe breathing exercises or something?

• Advertisement

This is my first time being out sick in this job, I'm there about 3.5 months. My boss seemed grand when I talked to him.

I'm so-so today. Really thought I was on the mend last night for an hour or two, felt normal again. Things started to go bad again towards bed time and woke up just before 5am feeling like there was no point going on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

This is my first time being out sick in this job, I'm there about 3.5 months. My boss seemed grand when I talked to him.

I'm so-so today. Really thought I was on the mend last night for an hour or two, felt normal again. Things started to go bad again towards bed time and woke up just before 5am feeling like there was no point going on.

Ah i see, i get mixed up a bit with who's doing what.. :o

No problem.

I don't get it. This time last week the thing I'm worried about wasn't much of a concern at all, I wasn't giving it much thought. How can one thread on boards.ie completely derail me so much?

I'm gonna say doctor google syndrome - the horror stories online make your usual logic feel flawed..

I'm gonna say doctor google syndrome - the horror stories online make your usual logic feel flawed..

Ugh, tell me about it. Trying not to google certain things at the moment as I know there's a chance it could make things worse.

I just don't get how I let myself start thinking this way and let it get so out of control.

Too anxious to ask my boss if I can go home sick. Feeling sick because I'm anxious. Funny how that works :o

Much as I'd love to go home I'd just be doubling Monday's workload for myself :( Better to be here at least being somewhat productive.

Cheers for the suggestion Gremlinertia, the bathroom is becoming my second office at this rate! Went there for a few minutes just to calm myself down, it's helped a bit. I've also fired off a few mundane texts to people just to occupy my mind and convince myself that the entire world does not in fact hate me.

No reply from the two therapists my GP recommended to me :( so I've started looking at other options in the hope of getting an appointment next week, really can't wait any longer. Just wish this process didn't involve making phone calls, I hate talking on the phone.

Has anyone here ever called someplace like the Samaritans, or Pieta house or any place like that?

I can vouch for Pieta House, rang them about three years ago and did counselling through them. Really turned my life around at the time. They are great and will never turn away anyone in crisis. Definitely give them a ring.

LanaFey wrote: »
    I can vouch for Pieta House, rang them about three years ago and did counselling through them. Really turned my life around at the time. They are great and will never turn away anyone in crisis. Definitely give them a ring.

Do you have to go see them? I looked at their website and it seemed like they kind of want you to show up and bring someone along and I don't think I want to do either.

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure as it was a few years back but I think their focus is on meeting with them there. You don't have to bring someone with you though. It still might be worth giving them a call.

• Advertisement

Krypton im going to see someone there the last couple of weeks and I find the whole thing really relaxing. My therapist said theres nothing they havent heard before so you can literally tell them anything. I rang and made an appointment for myself and got one for the next day...

I have to travel home tomorrow and I am off on Monday. It's possible the issue I am so stressed about will be gone soon, but then again it might not. Even if it does go away, its obvious I need some sort of counselling/CBT and possibly medication.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

even if the issue does go away you're stressed right now and it's having a bad effect on you. hopefully talking to someone will help. I found psychotherapy useful in working out how and why I cope the way I do sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I have to travel home tomorrow and I am off on Monday. It's possible the issue I am so stressed about will be gone soon, but then again it might not. Even if it does go away, its obvious I need some sort of counselling/CBT and possibly medication.

kryptonmight,

If the issue is work related, could you talk to someone there about it? Like to see if you could be excused from it or what have you

Thanks Hugo.

Its a personal matter involving a girl so not work related. I think I'm going phone one of those places. I just fell like the stress will never end.

Thanks Hugo.

Its a personal matter involving a girl so not work related. I think I'm going phone one of those places. I just fell like the stress will never end.

Sorry to hear that kryptonmight.

Fingers crossed it goes well for you.

Regarding people to talk to, have you looked into anything like the Aware group meetups?

Evening time...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Such a crappy day with zero energy and zero motivation blah.

lukesmom wrote: »
    Such a crappy day with zero energy and zero motivation blah.

Kinda the same here too. It'll only cause more stress down the line too.

• Advertisement

First night in a couple of weeks that I havent been able to sleep. Head in a spin :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement