Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Psych in the community clinic upped my dose of Venlafaxine to 375mg and put me on a list to see the occupational therapist.I have no idea what an occupational therapist even does.
    The occupational therapist should help you with your day to day planning and structure in your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Psych in the community clinic upped my dose of Venlafaxine to 375mg and put me on a list to see the occupational therapist.I have no idea what an occupational therapist even does.

An OT tries to help with organising your life outside of the mental health community. Mainly helps find what sort of work would be most beneficial, help with money management and personal care. They can be very helpful when you're in the right frame of mind so your psych must be happy with your progress :) Fingers crossed you'll get a call soon.

Take care

J

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Went out yesterday climbing for the second time since I stopped last year; enjoyed it, and felt good after it.
    completely off topic, do you climb much?
    I normally head out once a week.
    I'm just wondering if the climbing really lifted your mood could the return to your normal mood later one have felt really bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Gillo wrote: »
    completely off topic, do you climb much?
    I normally head out once a week.
    I'm just wondering if the climbing really lifted your mood could the return to your normal mood later one have felt really bad.
    Not a huge amount, just getting back into it now after last year (so hope to start doing it a good bit more, couple times a week or more); I enjoy it a fair bit yes, and afterwards too it's nice being knackered from it.

Usually the effect it has is it chills me out and relaxes me generally afterwards (as most exercise would for people), which certainly helps my anxiety to some extent; that's usually a lasting effect, without any following drop in mood.

I think this is the first time after climbing, that I've dropped down in the dumps a bit afterwards; think it was some combination of something I ate, dehydration/tiredness, and just ruminating on issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Doing ok at the moment thank god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Having a rough day today.

For me it constantly feels like two steps forward, five steps back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Not sure where you're based but I mainly climb in Gravity now or now the weather is back out in Dalkey.

Had to see the psych today, all in all she is really happy with me. She wants to keep me on the same meds as they seem to be doing the job, feck if they keep me going the way I am I'd stay on them long term, side effects I could deal with if I had a decent quality of life. Although a few things did come up, which I now have to try figuring out.

Hows everyone else doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Had to go clothes shopping for a new job, read: mirrors and lights. Very stressful, was on my own and got facial tension for the rest of the day to boot. Feeling relaxed now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Ah cool, I go out to Dalkey sometimes :) Really nice out there on a sunny day, though I don't do lead so don't get a huge number of climbs in; still, great way to spend a day.

Was thinking of going to Gravity, but it's too far away from me (in north dublin and can't drive, takes 2 busses); I'm going to UCD at the moment, which is still pretty far off, but it's just until 'Awesome Walls' opens up later this year, which is just a 10 minute bus ride away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

feel numb now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm in good form, my sleep suddenly improved and the last two nights were my first nights of regular sleep in four months! :)

nesf wrote: »
    I'm in good form, my sleep suddenly improved and the last two nights were my first nights of regular sleep in four months! :)

Nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

That's great nesf!

I've had a pretty okay few days. Organised a big event in college which went really well, and got my first good result in an essay all year :D

Need to work a lot harder on the eating side of things though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I've ended my sessions with my CBT therapist. if you could even call her that. I could've done the job she did. it was just talking, and was doing me no good. and i've spent 300 on her, so don't have any money to go to someone that may actually help. very fed up right now.

Doing well but have a unbearable headache atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I've ended my sessions with my CBT therapist. if you could even call her that. I could've done the job she did. it was just talking, and was doing me no good. and i've spent 300 on her, so don't have any money to go to someone that may actually help. very fed up right now.

When my psychologist left,he gave me the number for this place:

http://newlandsinstitute.goldenpages.ie/

They provide CBT on a sliding scale basis,the leaflet he gave me says this: ''A sliding scale fee,based on salary and income is used.It is left to the discretion of the non-salaried to freely avail of the services,or to contribute what is manageable from within their means.''

Could be worth a try if you feel up to giving CBT another go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Thanks SVA, I might in a while, when i've maybe got more money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Another weekend to face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The temptation to do something is.... tempting. But I know what the consequences will be :(

Exhausted from the Seroquel but feeling ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Temaz that seroquel really knocks ye out doesn't it? I found if you weren't active but were anxious/depressed anytime ye get the chance ye just feel like going to sleep. I slept way too much, woke up with 'hangovers' and then in a couple of hours I'd be back in bed.

Temaz that seroquel really knocks ye out doesn't it? I found if you weren't active but were anxious/depressed anytime ye get the chance ye just feel like going to sleep. I slept way too much, woke up with 'hangovers' and then in a couple of hours I'd be back in bed.

I was on 400mg for sleep and other psychosis but I didn't find it sedating at all. It was annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

Feeling ok today,very sleepy and tired though and not much appatite. Just want to curl up on the sofa with a blanket. Meds increased last week so im hoping the sleepiness will pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I was on 300mg of Seoquel back when I was first diagnosed and it made feel like a complete zombie,which I guess was the idea though!

Am up to 375mg of venlafaxine now and it doesn't do anything for me except give me brain zaps if I'm late taking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Oh god, don't even mention the brain zaps >.<

Pretty down at the minute, not really sure why.

Feeling ok, went out and bought 'When Panic Attacks' by
    Dr Aine Tubridy. It's meant to be excellent to help keep panic attacks at bay.

Here's hoping!

Have a good day ya'll

Scrap yesterdays post feeling **** and out of control today just binged and ate whatever was in the house..I'm going to pay dearly for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Feeling down and binging :(
    Even though the weather is good still feel motivation-less, don't want to do anything.

On 300mg venlafaxine (Effexor)and 100mg bupropion (Wellbutrin) in am and Agomelatine (Valdoxan)in pmWhen will I ever feel normal?

I was quite anxious today, heart a fluttering and all that.

• Advertisement

nesf wrote: »
    I was quite anxious today, heart a fluttering and all that.

like that now nesf..over analizing and thinking!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement