Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

Been feeling ****ty all day, like I'm coming down with a cold or flu, it wasn't till lunch time I copped on that I forgot to take my lexapro the past two days. The anxiety has been building all day, my mind is racing 100mph, keep feeling like a panic attack is about to kick off and I couldn't wait to get out of work :-(.
    I'm at home now and have just taken a lexapro, has anybody any idea how long it will take for the lexapro to kick in?

On an other note, I got to thinking I might give CBT a go, can anyone recommend somewhere in North County Dublin and how much to sessions usually cost?

Thanks, D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Kaching wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else here feel like everyone hates them and are talking about them
    Tell me about it, even if someone sits beside someone else on the bus. Yeah, even posting that I realise how stupid that sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hello,

I've felt down for at least a year and I am only realising over the last few weeks that I need to go and see my GP.

I don't feel sad or happy. I just feel like a failure. I am constantly stressed and feel that there is no hope. I also have some anxiety and I am very fidgety.

I have very little in the way of motivation. I go to work and function to a degree in everyday life, only because of my girlfriend and other relations, otherwise I wouldn't. I'm finding it hard to even focus on writing this post.

I could go on writing for many more paragraphs but I'm losing the will (also this is very longwinded for any reader as it is!). Anyway, I'd better book a visit to the doctor tomorrow.

Thanks for the opportunity to share.

Paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Been a rough couple of days, things are going downhill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

ED back in full swing. Logically I know I should stop, but I don't want to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

back to feeling quite low now. i think partly it's pms but it doesn't help anyway. my self esteem and anxiety have ruined everything in my life and i'm so tired of it.i'm sick of analysing every little thing everyone around me does. and overthinking everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

back to feeling quite low now. i think partly it's pms but it doesn't help anyway. my self esteem and anxiety have ruined everything in my life and i'm so tired of it.i'm sick of analysing every little thing everyone around me does. and overthinking everything.

What's pms? Have you started the counselling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Emotional disorder?

cloud493 wrote: »
    What's pms? Have you started the counselling?

pre menstrual syndrome - emotional for no reason.
    my 2nd session is next tuesday.

flyswatter wrote: »
    Emotional disorder?

Eating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Emotional disorder?

Eating.
    Is that in terms of over eating or under?

pre menstrual syndrome - emotional for no reason.
    my 2nd session is next tuesday.

Ah there we go. How did you find it?

Ah there we go. How did you find it?

well i'm putting it down to being the first session, but it was absolutely useless. she was just asking me about what's going on, why do I need help.

well i'm putting it down to being the first session, but it was absolutely useless. she was just asking me about what's going on, why do I need help.

That sounds about right, for a first session. A counsellor will usually let you do the talking, before making suggestions. Might take a while for it to become constructive.

That sounds about right, for a first session. A counsellor will usually let you do the talking, before making suggestions. Might take a while for it to become constructive.

well it's CBT, so it's only 6-8 sessions, so i'm hoping we'll do some work next time.

Oh. well thats fair enough. Should do you some good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

I learned absolutely nothing from CBT. However I wasn't taking any medication at the time so it was all in one ear and out the other.

jammstarr wrote: »
    I learned absolutely nothing from CBT. However I wasn't taking any medication at the time so it was all in one ear and out the other.

I was the same myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I think I might be bipolar. Today I feel absolutely worthless and crazy whereas yesterday I posted that i felt good, and last week I posted that I felt crazy. Would mood swings be that rapid?

I think I might be bipolar. Today I feel absolutely worthless and crazy whereas yesterday I posted that i felt good, and last week I posted that I felt crazy. Would mood swings be that rapid?

I'm diagnosed bipolar(as are others on here) and I find it varies, usually, it changes every 3 days or so, unless I'm on a particularly bad low, in which case it can just drag on :/

• Advertisement

I'm obviously not a doctor but as far as I know manic episodes usually last for a week or more. Something you should discuss with your doctor, really.

I'm diagnosed bipolar(as are others on here) and I find it varies, usually, it changes every 3 days or so, unless I'm on a particularly bad low, in which case it can just drag on :/

What drugs have they given you. Do you get different ones than anti-depressants? And did you find that they helped? I'm so exhausted,

I'm obviously not a doctor but as far as I know manic episodes usually last for a week or more. Something you should discuss with your doctor, really.

I'm quicker than that, I seem to be manic two days - feel I can achieve anything. Then feel down, crazy and suicidal the next two days. Then up again. What the hell is wrong with me, I'm so exhausted, thank God some-one else is up.

Emotional disorder?

Eating.
    Is that in terms of over eating or under?

Don't think my last reply posted, if it did, sorry for the double post.

Binging an purging, intermittent starvation. This week has been ridiculous. Nada for nearly five days, and a good €30 worth of crap demolished and purged. Its either this or incessant self harm, which I can't bear to impose on my family again. Seems like the only alternative at the minute. Plus, I've gained nearly four stone since august, so that's not exactly helping.

I was taking lithium. Don't think your supposed to take anti depressants with bipolar, far as I'm aware.

I was taking lithium. Don't think your supposed to take anti depressants with bipolar, far as I'm aware.

Last time I went to see my psychiatrist, six months ago, I told him about my massive rapid mood swings back then, and he put me on antidepressants. I'll be seeing him next month. Did the Lithium help? I'm so tired Cloud.

I've been diagnosed and am on antidepressants along with an antipsychotic - before that it was a mood stabiliser but I didn't take to that too well. So I think antidepressants can be prescribed in conjunction with another type of medication, if someone can confirm that.

I've been diagnosed and am on antidepressants along with an antipsychotic - before that it was a mood stabiliser but I didn't take to that too well. So I think antidepressants can be prescribed in conjunction with another type of medication, if someone can confirm that.

How do you find the anti-psychotic?

There you go :) It did help, took a few days to take effect that I could tell mind. I couldn't confirm about bipolar, you might be best talking to a doctor.

• Advertisement

How do you find the anti-psychotic?

Fine to an extent. Helps with sleep and the more serious psychotic episodes but ive also been diagnosed with another disorder where, on the more extreme end of the scale, psychosis or severe depersonalisation is common enough. Doesn't help with that as it's usually stress induced though. I've found that since coming off the mood statbiliser my mood has been very up and down though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement