Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 4 iphone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm sure the controls will be awesome just like all those crap ports with touch screen d-pads and buttons.

Well maybe it will be better than the 360 controller :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

lol, well if they can release such a cut down version for the iphone why not the wii?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sisko wrote: »
    lol, well if they can release such a cut down version for the iphone why not the wii?

I wouldn't be surprised if the iPhone was more powerful.

hehehe

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

In fairness it looks pretty decent, I think it could be good.

tba-street-fighter-iv-20100214054940294_640w.jpg

It's funny that this is what a lot of people rely solely on :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's worked for me so far.

Oh wait.......

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

yeah looks crap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I wonder what they have to say about Sagat :pac:

I'll take a bash

For for away opponents use the standing roundhouse! For opponents jumping toward you, use the standing roundhouse!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Ramza wrote: »
    I wonder what they have to say about Sagat :pac:

I'll take a bash

For for away opponents use the standing roundhouse! For opponents jumping toward you, use the standing roundhouse!

You forgot "that's the only tactic you need for Sagat!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

One punch and one kick? I'm happier with a faithful conversion of SFA3 and SF2HF on my psp than this. Still, I'd love to give it a play for the laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Sisko wrote: »

Or PSP, Namco made a good conversion of Tekken 6 BR so it's not that much of a stretch.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

SF2CE on J2ME. Not a bad effort.

There was an official SF game for phones before available ono DoCoMo imode services. I got my hands on it when I was working for a certain mobile phone provider. It was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I'll get it knowing that the controls couldn't possibly work.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

wow how annoying my pc cant run sf4 but a bleeding mobile phone can:mad:

rofl :pac:

then again for the price of an iphone you'd have a decent gaming rig.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

its bloody amazing that you can play this on a phone. You begrudgers can stick to snake and brickles on your phone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

give me nFBA and third strike on my N900 please some one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

lazlo wrote: »
    its bloody amazing that you can play this on a phone. You begrudgers can stick to snake and brickles on your phone :p

I don't think anybody is knocking the fact that they can get a visually half decent version running on the iPhone, more the cold hard fact that it will control like poo with a touch screen...

Dope wars tbh... The only game you'll ever need for a phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

f*ckin flowchart

Playing this on my iphone right now!! Hilarious. Controls are awkward as expected, especially the up/down/left/right movements. However, you can do super or ultra simply by tapping the super bar or ultra bar :eek: You can even tap your opponents super/ultra bar and your super/ultra will come out! Makes them a lot easier to do, and makes FADC ultra possible.

EX specials are all done with same button (which means that certain moves have changed slightly). Focus has its own button. Dashing is awkward.

I'm now doing the dojo mode and I'm being trained by Dan :pac: Someone else has gotta get this so we can set up a tournament, haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Have it. Tourney on Sat Terry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

i bought it earlier aswell, its pretty decent.
    The combos are so easy, cr.lk xx ex.legs > ultra with chun is too easy.
    Blanka can combo his ultra>super in the corner aswell.

Xinkai wrote: »
    Have it. Tourney on Sat Terry?

You're on my friend :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I have it too. Its not bad for what it is. I was surprised how easy the combos were to pull off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

LMAO at the vid, Ken's Ultra looked wonky as hell

Bush80 wrote: »
    I have it too. Its not bad for what it is. I was surprised how easy the combos were to pull off.

I use the lazy option of shortcut-mode for specials!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

animaX wrote: »

Ah no satisfaction doing that though. I was trying to do a dp fadc ultra but couldnt get it going manually though.
    I think the stick area is too big, like I felt I had to move my finger a lot more I thought I should have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

animaX wrote: »

No change from the full game then for you eh Terry?

How much does it cost, might get it so there's another version of the game I can be mediocre at.

Advertisement