Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling All College Airsoft Teams

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Since the DCU lads are organising this, it probably makes more sense to contact them rather than just posting it here. As while it'd be good for each of us to know the opinions of the other societies, it'll make little difference if the event organisers are not aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭coys

Hold the day before or after the holidays?
    - again preferably before as many of our members are going away
    Who is planning on attending?
    - NCI
    Where is it happening?
    -A Dublin site ideally
    How big are the teams?
    -10 is about right I think
    Can we get a sponsored trophy?
    - Every effort should be made
    Should we contact Take A.I.M. to maybe do a piece on us?
    -absolutely
    How do you want the games to go? - all out multi team games or a day long league with short two team games?
    -large all out wars for me

Just my 2 cents!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Paterson

KonFusion wrote: »
    Since the DCU lads are organising this, it probably makes more sense to contact them rather than just posting it here. As while it'd be good for each of us to know the opinions of the other societies, it'll make little difference if the event organisers are not aware.

Its getting close to most peoples easter holidays, and if it is to be held before easter holidays people need to know as soon as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 DuzAwe

I thought you guys got an enail from ITB about this and never got back to them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

DuzAwe wrote: »
    I thought you guys got an enail from ITB about this and never got back to them.

I've been talking to the DCU lads via text, not email, and yes they have got back to me, just no date has been decided yet. Obviously I knew about it as you can see my posts above :P

You could have asked me this in person rather than posting it here :rolleyes:
    If you want to know anything else, ask me tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

I heard rumours that this is set, so i was just wondering what numbers are to be expected and what societies will be involved?

dwelby101 wrote: »
    I heard rumours that this is set, so i was just wondering what numbers are to be expected and what societies will be involved?

DCU, ITB, NCI, CIT, DIT - I believe all of these colleges are involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭blacon

Hey lads,
    Just a quick update from DCU.
    • We've set the date for the League as Friday 16th of April, two weeks from now.
    • We've been in touch with Carlow IT, ITB, NCI and DIT. If there are any other college societies that would like to take part, theres still time. Just let me know asap.
    • The location is provisionally Moyvalley Adventure Zone, but its yet to be confirmed.
    • The price will be €30 per player, i.e €300 per team.
    • The game modes will be decided by the marshalls.
    • Student cards will be checked by the marshalls.
    • If any team has sponsorship of any sort, please let me know.

Any questions?
    Shane.

So since the tournament is between teams of 10 im just curious to know if each society has a team of 10 people lined up atm?

Yup :)

• Advertisement

So is it a max of 10 or a min of 10?

dwelby101 wrote: »
    So is it a max of 10 or a min of 10?

It's a team of 10... :confused:

Max being 10 people on that team. If you wanted to play with less I guess they'd let you.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭blacon

Once again I apologise for not seeing your questions sooner. I really gotta use Boards more!

By team of 10 we mean every game will allow a 10 man team, so if you bring more than 10, only 10 of them can play. If you bring less than 10, you will be outnumbered, because the other team will have 10.

Each team can bring one substitute if you want, so in theory you can bring 11 people who can play. One thing I must stress here though, and the teams have already been told but this is a reminder: Marshalls will be checking student cards. Every player MUST be a student in your college. If requested, the team captains can also look at the other colleges student cards too.

The trophy has been purchased. The venue has been booked. The colleges are ready.

Come Friday, the very first DCU Airsoft Intervarsity will begin!

WOOOT WOOT!!!

At BICS at the moment, saw you lads (DCU Airsoft) are nominated for best poster, I'll see if I can throw some points your way ;) ha. So I take it that means one of ya's will be down tomorrow?

I'll see ya's then. (Get ya's nice and hammed so ya's can't walk/think on Friday) :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

blacon wrote: »
    The trophy has been purchased. !
    Thats one bigggg cup you got:D;)I have my spies...;)
    Best of luck with it lads.

Best of luck everyone!!! :D

So how'd the competition go, winner, pics??

DCU won. And well done to them!

Lots of pics up on facebook, I'll throw some up on the website and stick a link here for ye scurvy dogs who don't have facebook.

Until then, these should tide you over :)

23826_379631785591_195350245591_3986815_5052943_n.jpg

23826_379631745591_195350245591_3986809_3697837_n.jpg

24223_114080611953502_100000546903678_177352_1718463_n.jpg

24223_114081925286704_100000546903678_177354_7242634_n.jpg

24223_114081935286703_100000546903678_177355_4727259_n.jpg

24223_114082361953327_100000546903678_177364_2302009_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

God damn my college being 80% wussy girls! :)

Advertisement