Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eltroxin

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

cyning wrote: »
    Definately. I'm a big believer that there's always something there that will make you feel better! I can't emphasize that enough. Honestly the difference with me is huge lately. I haven't even napped yet today :rolleyes: And I have been though two years of hell. Coming of the pill seems to have been a huge catalyst in my case so something simple could make a big difference :)
    yesterday i slept from 11.30 friday night to 9.30 yest morning and then from 10.30 to 1pm!!!!!! and last night i went to bed at about 1am and not that long up and I'm still feeling sleepy!! i only went back on the pill about 18 months ago because my cycle was all over the place and I wouldn't be too keen on going off it just yet as it is doing wonders for my skin!!! oh there is always an issue :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

cyning wrote: »
    I'd take underactive over been overactive any day of the week. I went into a thyroid storm twice and I would never ever go through that again. I also gain more weight when I'm overactive than underactive. I had no control over the twitches in my legs, and had palipatations. SO yes I would have the RAI again in a heartbeat. I haven't been hospitalise with an underactive thyroid once, but was in 3 times with an overactive. It is WAY harder to control.

Agree with that 110%

I was Grave's/Hyper for years, and it was hell.

I'm still only a 'newbie' to Hypo-land...but so far so good. Its not all been plain sailing post-op, don't get me wrong, and I'm sure it won't be a bed of roses in the future...but so far, the blips have been a lot less scary than those hyper blips!

Rachael, if your thyroid levels are all over the place, there's a good chance your thyroid gland is on its own self-destruct course anyway. If your Endo recommends RAI or a Thyroidectomy, please do take them seriously.

Even when I was technically diagnosed as hyper, there were times when I went majorly hypo...and yes, hypo is hell too...don't get me wrong....but on the whole hypo symptoms are less life threatening than some of the more extreme hyper symptoms.

Hypo is easier to control than a wacky, unpredictable over-active gland...and thyroid storms are scary as. The two I experienced were horrific, I honestly thought I was going to die, and thyroid storms are serious enough in that I wasn't probably that far off with my prediction!

Sitting on the sofa, relaxing in the evening, with a *resting* pulse of 120bpm isn't funny! Feeling like your head is going to burst because your blood pressure has gone through the roof, not fun either.

I had the surgery approx 10 weeks ago, and absolutely no regrets!
    Once I made the decision (when I still had a choice to make) to have the surgery, I was counting down the days until I got rid of that pesky gland for good!
    Yes, facing the rest of my life with no thyroid gland at all is a little scary, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't...but having no control over my wildly-fluctuating thyroid levels, and always waiting, heart in mouth, for that next thyroid storm attack was absolutely no way to live!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nailvarnish

Hi,
    I've just discovered tsh levels of 4, t alarmingly high but gp reckons maybe why im not conceiving/ovulating.
    im now on eltoxin 25mg once a day. i am well behaved food wise and very fit but i have about 10 pounds more than i should. Does anyone think that the new meds could be the answer to getting rid of this, or in your experience is 25 mg too low a dosage to make a difference?

Advertisement