Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Superb Specification Help!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

OT: pricing for the estate seems to be out now. c. €1100 over the hatchback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

OT: pricing for the estate seems to be out now. c. €1100 over the hatchback.

Jeasus, Its Huge!, I think the saloon is big enough for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I'd reckon the Superb definitely needs the 2l. 105 PS may be enough in a car the size of a Focus(the S40) but I can't see it being any good in the much bigger Superb. The only reason to get the 1.9 is if you want a Greenline model with the lower road tax. If you're going to buy a band C Superb you might as well get one with more power. The 170 PS is only €700 more than the 140 PS and it is the CR engine so would be a bit quieter. In the 1.9 TDI's favour is that it really is a VW engine that lives up to the old slogan "if only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen", they are pretty much bullet proof.

argh went to dowload the current price list and its saying it corrupt now!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

Does anyone know if there are any plans for a greenline combi? (ie so scrappage scheme could be availed of!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

No Greenline Combi AFAIK. Price list is not on the Skoda site yet. Only 2 diesels so far: 1.9 PD 105 (:() and the 2.0 CR 170. No sign of the 2.0 CR 140 available in the UK.

Advert:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BakT1Rpyfkw

No Greenline Combi AFAIK. Price list is not on the Skoda site yet. Only 2 diesels so far: 1.9 PD 105 (:() and the 2.0 CR 170. No sign of the 2.0 CR 140 available in the UK.

Advert:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BakT1Rpyfkw

This is what i cant understand, they keep pushing the 1.9D 105 but people say it wouldnt pull the skin off a potatoe!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

mcshape wrote: »
    This is what i cant understand, they keep pushing the 1.9D 105 but people say it wouldnt pull the skin off a potatoe!
    Dont agree with that description at all tbh, it feels like its got more than 105bhp IMO. About a year ago, travelling with a friend of mine in his passat 1.9tdi 105, we hit 130mph so they certainly are'nt as bad as you might think at all, whats more the superb is a refined car so wouldnt call it noisy most of the time either..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

mcshape wrote: »

They are the same people who heard that off someone else down the pub!

I've driven a Superb 1.9Tdi. It's no rocket, but it wasn't as bad as I expected for a car that size. Adequate would be a good description of the performance.

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Dont agree with that description at all tbh, it feels like its got more than 105bhp IMO. About a year ago, travelling with a friend of mine in his passat 1.9tdi 105, we hit 130mph so they certainly are'nt as bad as you might think at all, whats more the superb is a refined car so wouldnt call it noisy most of the time either..
    R.O.R wrote: »
    They are the same people who heard that off someone else down the pub!

I've driven a Superb 1.9Tdi. It's no rocket, but it wasn't as bad as I expected for a car that size. Adequate would be a good description of the performance.

Well regardless of what the people are saying thats the only one i can order, Update here today in the Job is... Basically they are seeing about me taking the Ambiente Superb in 1.9 with NO extras, Ill just take what i can get at this stage!, ill do a deal direct with the dealer and get 17"'s on and a sports tailpipe!

EDIT - They may allow the Combi, Its just extras they dont want me putting me on, in case i upset the underlings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭blackbox

I was looking at one of these (saloon) yesterday. It's really huge in the back and the cream interior looks really nice.

Unfortunately the interiors are all black unless you go for the elegance model (which has stuff I wouldn't be prepared to pay for such as the satnav).

I don't know why they don't make a cream interior for the cheaper models - it can't cost any more.

blackbox wrote: »
    I was looking at one of these (saloon) yesterday. It's really huge in the back and the cream interior looks really nice.

Unfortunately the interiors are all black unless you go for the elegance model (which has stuff I wouldn't be prepared to pay for such as the satnav).

I don't know why they don't make a cream interior for the cheaper models - it can't cost any more.

I confirmed with a skoda dealer the other day that if you are buying the ambition model (Half Leather) changing it to Ivory is a no cost option, so it is available on all models bar the comfort

Advertisement