Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Superb Specification Help!

Options
  • 05-02-2010 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Hi all, i had a previous thread asking advice on a new company car, i was looking at the DSG Octavia 1.6D, I had been Denied the Diesel Superb as an option in the elegance spec as the lease price was too expensive, however, the Mid spec elegance (Ambition) in a 1.9TDI (105) falls into budget and i can add about 2k of extras, So now the dilema, I believe the Ambition Spec now comes with half leather / nobeless interior, but no mention of any colour of black, does anyone know is it a no cost option to get this trim in ivory?, And on the extras front, what i have been told is that they cost the following, the Columbus with TV Tuner is 2000 euro, But the ambition comes with the touch screen bolero as it is, so is this the one extra i should get?, I wanted heated seats and this is now in the ambition spec as default so what do you think, if i can choose...

Columbus 2k - entire budet gone
    Full leather Ivory - 2K entire budget gone
    Bi Zenons - 1k
    rear heated seats - 200 euro
    sports tailpipe - 175 euro
    17" Alloys (trifid) I dont know how much...

any advice appriciated guys!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Personally i'd have no interest in nav (Garmin only costs €200ish and will always be better), leather, alloys or the tailpipe. I'd consider the bi-xenons a must-have, rain sensor is nice too and is included. Would the rear heated seats be used much? If so, i'd take them too. The other thing i'd like is power seats, they're a bit useless but they always give me that warm fuzzy feeling inside. Dimming mirrors are also included with the seats. The ten speaker sound system would also be worth a look for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭maddness

go for the 18" alloys, there only about 400 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I'd say exactly what Anan1 said. Don't go for bigger alloys, and surely not the 18" wheels. They would make the ride / comfort worse. A lot worse. They might look better, but we are talking a Skoda Superb here, the looks obviously don't matter too much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Of those I'd vote for the leather, definitely not the big wheels unless you are sticking to Motorways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I would go for all the small bits. Big wheels are a pain in the hole so they are.The bi xenons are a great job i love them. Get a good parrot handsfree as well or does it have the bluetooth built in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Bluetooth is built in. The standard interior is nice if it's the same as last years elegance model, so no need to upgrade to full leather unless you really need the ivory interior.

Wouldn't pay the extra BIK on the radio / tv upgrade as you'll rarely use it and the standard touch screen is pretty cool. I'd go with a wheel upgrade, elec seats if an option, de badge and xenon's. 10 week wait for fresh orders so get it in on Monday for mid April delivery.

I've 2 Ambitions on order in flat blue as the drivers are restricted by list price and the 1.9 falls in range by a fiver after the VAT decrease. Someone else in the same grade went for an A3 1.4T sportback base model in flat black, which costs the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'd focus on the internals personally, when you're driving the car you soon forget what the wheels are like and expensive alloys end up being expensive to repair the inevitable kerbing.

Bi Xenons are excellent for country driving, fantastic actually, but with the increased ambient light in cities the difference isn't as pronounced.

Do you carry many passengers in the back? Heated seats are handy but how often would they be in use, I'd prefer a leather interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I too would forget about the sat nav and the full leather OP, as already said the standard seats are very nice, possibly a wheel upgrade to 17" rather than 18" does wonders for the looks alright, the "Trepid" 17" wheels are indeed nice rims. 18" might just mean too much of a compromise on the ride comfort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

R.O.R wrote: »
    Bluetooth is built in. The standard interior is nice if it's the same as last years elegance model, so no need to upgrade to full leather unless you really need the ivory interior.

Wouldn't pay the extra BIK on the radio / tv upgrade as you'll rarely use it and the standard touch screen is pretty cool. I'd go with a wheel upgrade, elec seats if an option, de badge and xenon's. 10 week wait for fresh orders so get it in on Monday for mid April delivery.

I've 2 Ambitions on order in flat blue as the drivers are restricted by list price and the 1.9 falls in range by a fiver after the VAT decrease. Someone else in the same grade went for an A3 1.4T sportback base model in flat black, which costs the same!

Do you know If the ambitions can be ordered with the standard half leather in ivory?

Looking online u can but the columbus with maps for about 600, don't think ill be factory ordering that for 2k, never had xenons before, the look great though... Worth it?

• Advertisement

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I too would forget about the sat nav and the full leather OP, as already said the standard seats are very nice, possibly a wheel upgrade to 17" rather than 18" does wonders for the looks alright, the "Trepid" 17" wheels are indeed nice rims. 18" might just mean too much of a compromise on the ride comfort

I was thinking the trepid looked sweet alright....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

What's your actual budget in total? Can you throw a few extra quid in if need be?

Budget 28k, I can throw in a few quid if I need to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

130 TDI - if it were an option...

The 140 is under 28k, but I can't put anything on that extra

Personally the draw of the extra power of the 2.0 140 would attract me more than any of those options! Except maybe the rims, i'd throw in the extra for them myself!

Yep zonda but I'm going from a 105 bhp volvo s40 so won't really notice the diffrence, also mainly city driving so comfort a bigger factor than power

Question for anyone who has the standard bolero touch screen, does the rear parking senso distance show up on it or just beeps?

mcshape wrote: »
    Yep zonda but I'm going from a 105 bhp volvo s40 so won't really notice the diffrence, also mainly city driving so comfort a bigger factor than power
    Fair enough, thats just me but another aspect a 2.0 140 would have is a better resale value in a few years but seeing as its a company car, i guess it doesnt matter! If its a lot of city driving i guess you might get better use out of the options than of the extra power alright!

BTW, have you looked at briskoda.net? You'd probably find answers to all your questions there if you look!

Briskoda no ill check it out now!
    Ta mate!

• Advertisement

Question for anyone who has the standard bolero touch screen, does the rear parking senso distance show up on it or just beeps?

I'm pretty sure it has a visual display for the distance as well, but it's been a while since I saw one.

Don't know if the half/half interior can be ordered in Ivory either, or whether that comes all Ivory (carpets, dash etc). If it's all Ivory I'd have serious reservations about going for it - I've seen what happens to that sort of interior over a couple of years. Black interiors are much easier to keep clean looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭maddness

Yeah it does have a visual as well as beeps.
    I have a Superb elegance with the ivory leather and it looks great but I reckon the carpets will be very hard to keep clean. In regard to the alloys I have the standard 17" on my car and it rides great but I think the car would look far better with the 18" wheels. Yes even a skoda!
    Lovely car all the same.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Budget is €28.

Sur' a 1.9 TDi Superb Elegance is €26,045 straight price.

I do not know what the leasing effect would be on the price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I'd ditch the Columbus - less likely to go wrong with standard setup and as mentioned before you can get a decent sat nav cheap. I see no point in having a tv in a car unless you're living in it!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Yep I think your all right, ill ditch the columbus, if the half leather does not come in ivory ill get the full leather in ivory, and put the xenons and 17" rims on it myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Half leather only comes in black I'm pretty sure.

Am pretty sure that up to only a couple of months ago, if you ordered an elegance superb, it would only come in half leather as standard and that was definitely available in ivory i'm pretty sure, Just wouldnt be sure if it is now a no cost option on the ambition model..

Looking at the current brochure, it looks like the mid spec is now what the elegance was last year minus a bit or 2

• Advertisement

Looking at the PDF Superb brochure from the Skoda website (which wouldn't upload here), it's still the original one from launch.

Page 31 (PDF pg. 15) has the interior options for the Elegance (Ambition now more or less the Elegance spec in the brochure) and that has the option for Emory Interior in Ivory - Alcantara / Leather / Artificial Leather. Can also be specified with either light or dark floor panelling, and I'd recommend the dark ;)

Advertisement