Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caprica S01E03 "Reins Of A Waterfall" [US] *Spoilers*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,964 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It looked like Betamax to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

Just to point out that the cops were also watching a black-and-white TV, so I think the implication is that they're not splashing the cash on the latest tech.

In general I think the show is trying to mix up things like cars, clothing, and tech to give us an alternate-timeline type effect with almost-familiar things and settings. Plus, this is set 50(?) years before BSG, right? So think what tech was available here in the 1960s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

ceejay wrote: »
    JPlus, this is set 50(?) years before BSG, right? So think what tech was available here in the 1960s :)

Certainly not computer paper :pac:

I understand what your saying about the mix up though, just can't make up my mind whether its work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,964 ✭✭✭✭Stark

ceejay wrote: »
    In general I think the show is trying to mix up things like cars, clothing, and tech to give us an alternate-timeline type effect with almost-familiar things and settings. Plus, this is set 50(?) years before BSG, right? So think what tech was available here in the 1960s :)

We didn't have a tech war that turned us all into Luddites though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'll keep watching anyway. Like what I see so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement