Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car uprooted by a bollard in Dublin

Options
  • 05-02-2010 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

Bollard rises underneath a car which tried to go down a road reserved for buses and promptly wrecked the front of car. Usually the bollard goes down for a bus and quickly rises once the bus has passed so this driver must have tried to follow the bus.

Security demanded that i delete the photo and followed me threatening to phone the Gardai to seize my phone. I walked on and ignored them. Even one of them followed me to the gate at the exit of the estate threatening this that and the other!

Photo also on http://cheezburger.com/View.aspx?aid=3157363456 , was trying to get it up as a failblog but i think it needs votes, hint :P

05022010688A1.jpg

Warning signs:

12082009463_.jpg

12082009462_.jpg

12082009461_.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,432 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Sell it to the papers!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Ha good enough, it's well signposted so they can hardly claim they didnt know!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Silly boys who failed the Garda entrance exam. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if you look closely at the two front wheels, you can see that they are both pointing inwards. ouch! :eek:

and it's a 09 reg (I've seen the original ;)) so someone is going to have arather painful call to the insurance company.

not even sure if they'd cover something like that, even if they swore blind they didn't see the signs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

vibe666 wrote: »
    not even sure if they'd cover something like that, even if they swore blind they didn't see the signs.

If they did that, would their insurance be void if they were blind???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Seems to be a common enough occurance in the UK, never seen it happen here, in fact the only place I was aware had those bollards was the bus entrance into Blanchardstown village from the N3 which I don't think is even used anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

What a gowl. What did he plan to do once he'd infiltrated the place? Pretend to be a bus on official bsuiness?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,432 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think there's one on the N7 inbound just after Newlands Cross. never saw it operational though.

cantdecide wrote: »
    What a gowl. What did he plan to do once he'd infiltrated the place? Pretend to be a bus on official bsuiness?

I think it's a woman, you can see her turned talking to the security guard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Where is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Itll buff out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it's a woman driver and it was at the new bus entrance that comes from round where the komplett pickup point is (near dolly heffernans) into the back of ballycoolin business park where xerox, paypal & symantect etc. are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Don't see any warning about a bollard.

Looks like they left a dangerous hazard in the road to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Yes, where is that?

it's a woman driver and it was at the new bus entrance that comes from round where the komplett pickup point is (near dolly heffernans) into the back of ballycoolin business park where xerox, paypal & symantect etc. are.

I was thinking it was that corporate park but I haven't been there in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

A bus driver has just told me its up at Ballycoolin/Damanstown, by IBM.

if you look closely at the two front wheels, you can see that they are both pointing inwards. ouch! :eek:

Bent axle!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I think there's one on the N7 inbound just after Newlands Cross. never saw it operational though.
    There sure is. Many people ignore that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

This post has been deleted.
    They obviously were following a bus and got caught out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

lol, that's gotta hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,781 ✭✭✭Neilw

steve06 wrote: »
    Bent axle!

More then that I'd say. I'd say the car is a write off, new engine, new subframe, gearbox possibly, propshaft, steering and suspension components plus the bodywork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Nice drop of oil on the road too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Sign States "bus gate enforcement cameras", there is nothing about automated rising bollards. The max fine she would get would be the same as for using a bus lane. I would suggest a good solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

what an idiot, typical beamer drivers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Those yokes are dangerous and should be banned. A few law suits will make sure they are.

At least barriers that raise and lower are visible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I wish there were more of them. In some countries a bus lane is stub walled and has these at the ends. Proper order.

Neilw wrote: »
    More then that I'd say. I'd say the car is a write off, new engine, new subframe, gearbox possibly, propshaft, steering and suspension components plus the bodywork.
    yea for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

JHMEG wrote: »
    At least barriers that raise and lower are visible.

meh...I've seen impatients drivers get hit by them too....and of course its never their fault

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement