Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBRebooted Advice Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Starting to wish I had a USB nand reader now tbh :p

dumping full 512mb in less than one hour

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Is it all right to hate you? :(

Oh yeah, where'd you pick up your USB reader? I'm intruiged :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Is it all right to hate you? :(

Oh yeah, where'd you pick up your USB reader? I'm intruiged :P

Yea could make one;
    http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/xbox-360-tutorials/212777-tut-ho-build-usb-nand-reader-jtaged-xbox-360-a.html

I just might build one of these, for the craic. It'd be great to make one :D

finished my jasper today, I'm bit dissapointed with temps, ~41*C idle.

• Advertisement

My repaired Zephyr is still rocking, when i added whispermax fans and cut out some of the case i got the temps to around 60.

Im just paranoid that it will go in a few months when Jtagable consoles are extremely rare.

Gonna try fanspeedflasher now, been meaning to for ages.

Gonna try this too :)

Genesis Plus 360 v0.12 Beta
    >> A Genesis/Megadrive emulator has been released for homebrew Xbox 360 consoles:

Features:
    - Graphics/Sound
    - Achievements (don't be a dumbass and use this on live, your console will be banned)
    - Favorites Support
    - XUI user interface
    - SRAM save support linked to a user profile
    - SaveState support (currently 1 per rom)
    - Regular and Enhanced Graphics Filters
    - Sound filters
    - Threaded Audio
    - Aspect Ratio/Stretch Mode support
    - Previews

Not Implemented (Yet):
    - Input Button Mapping
    - Pixel Shaders to replace Software filters (speed)
    - Cheat support
    - Six button support
    - Other misc stuff

Notes:
    This is still an early beta. There are bugs...
    More of your favorite emulators/homebrew to come..no donations required...

cisk wrote: »
    My repaired Zephyr is still rocking, when i added whispermax fans and cut out some of the case i got the temps to around 60.

Im just paranoid that it will go in a few months when Jtagable consoles are extremely rare.

Gonna try fanspeedflasher now, been meaning to for ages.

set it to 60%, also you could add extra fan over the extra rad - the one with heat pipe

Set it to 70%, Still running at about 62 Degrees.

Yep am thinking about the small fan on the GPU Heatpipe, Remember seeing it on your machine. Is it a 12v fan?

I have a spare Aluminium CPU heatsink which i am thinking about installing, it has the old fin type at the moment. But the old if it aint broke it is the back of my mind :D

60% fan GPU heatsink with heatpipe Xeno refurb = 54C GPU idle in XeXmenu and ~59C CPU idle.

Not bad, but not great tbh.

• Advertisement

cisk wrote: »
    Set it to 70%, Still running at about 62 Degrees.

Yep am thinking about the small fan on the GPU Heatpipe, Remember seeing it on your machine. Is it a 12v fan?

I have a spare Aluminium CPU heatsink which i am thinking about installing, it has the old fin type at the moment. But the old if it aint broke it is the back of my mind :D

I'm using small fans taken from intercoolers. They fit perfectly. I used to have them set on 7V (+on 12V+, -on 5V+ = +7V) But I noticed recently when they are on 12V theyre not much louder so I have them soldered to 12V source on the mobo. It is very handy as it is only a bit to the right from the fan.
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=613160

Also don't bother changing cpu heatsink as the older one is better. It has hearpipe and copper base. The other one was introduced as cheaper alternative when they changed cpu to smaller one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

In a similar vein, Im trying to reduce the internal temps of this 360. Ive pilaged some small fans from a ram cooler I had in storage. Have a look and see would this air flow pattern help at all...maybe the second fan isnt needed?

idbwyh.jpg

6o2b7m.jpg

28he9er.jpg

if I can suggest something:
    28he9er2.jpg

I would cut the piece of frame so you can put the second fan over there.

I will be doing some moding over saturday so I'll try to make some pictures.

So you reckon adding a side vent, instead of cooling the heat pipe directly would be a better option? Place the fan inside the two red lines you have drawn?

EnterNow wrote: »
    So you reckon adding a side vent, instead of cooling the heat pipe directly would be a better option? Place the fan inside the two red lines you have drawn?

Yeah, cut a hole where the two lines are and put there a fan to pump fresh air into xbox. Leave the fan over the heatpipe thingy, I thought there will be extra fan underneath it (thats why I marked it with red cross).

Rip off the metal shield off the cover, you won't need it. I also added a 2 pieces of 3M thermal pads - 5mm between a metal case and board, just underneath the processors. You can really feel that the cage is getting warm. Just put it where the x-clamp cross is.

I see, nope I only had 2 fans in that photo, one directly on top of the heat pipe rad & one feeding air down towards it.

Im wary of noise, so maybe the side vent fan & the fan on the rad would be enough?

Also, should I remove R6T3 now, or wait until I have XBR installed?

it is up to you, in my last xenon I had only one extra fan over heatpipe and hole in cage as in the picture. with thermal pads I had around 50* on Cpu and 45* on GPU. I also sealed the fan duct, covered the heatsinks with piece of cardboard to create wind tunnel ans splitted air duct in half, so the vents are sucking air from both heatsinks not only the easier way (cpu hs).

EDIT: remove it straight away.

Heres a newer alternative to removing R6t3

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=706121

If the solder bridge ever falls off or fails, you're in bother without ever knowing. If R6T3 is gone, it's gone. That's why I chose to remove rather than bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Just wanted to let everyone know that docentore did a brilliant job on my xbox 360(falcon) he put xbr on it and it works perfectly.

Quick question for anyone here.

I have three xbox 360's one i have untouched(modern warfare 2 edition), one that is flashed for xbox live and the jtagged one.

Just wondering is anyone using the same profile on the jtagged one and then using it on an xbox live one for playing online.

The reason i ask is that there are some games i want to play offline on the jtagged one so that i dont have to burn discs and still get achievements and have my save file and then go online with it.

there are alot of people saying that its fine and alot saying its not.

some people go online with the snes360 achievements on the profile and say it doesnt make a difference as a non jtagged xbox will ignore them(which makes sense)

anyway if anyone here is using the same profile for both and isnt having any trouble please let me know.

also i have no intentions of having the snes360 on my live profile and will just use a profile i have made for emulators.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

kerbdog wrote: »

Fecking Farnell require a minimum order of €20!

Anyways I have a few spares if anybody is interested. (should have spares of all the parts, maybe not the matrix board though)

Fecking Farnell require a minimum order of €20!

Anyways I have a few spares if anybody is interested. (should have spares of all the parts, maybe not the matrix board though)

So I don't need to order these parts myself (Apart from the matrix board)? :D

Thor wrote: »
    Just wanted to let everyone know that docentore did a brilliant job on my xbox 360(falcon) he put xbr on it and it works perfectly.

Quick question for anyone here.

I have three xbox 360's one i have untouched(modern warfare 2 edition), one that is flashed for xbox live and the jtagged one.

Just wondering is anyone using the same profile on the jtagged one and then using it on an xbox live one for playing online.

The reason i ask is that there are some games i want to play offline on the jtagged one so that i dont have to burn discs and still get achievements and have my save file and then go online with it.

there are alot of people saying that its fine and alot saying its not.

some people go online with the snes360 achievements on the profile and say it doesnt make a difference as a non jtagged xbox will ignore them(which makes sense)

anyway if anyone here is using the same profile for both and isnt having any trouble please let me know.

also i have no intentions of having the snes360 on my live profile and will just use a profile i have made for emulators.

I wouldn't do it. If you like your 'cheevments so much then earn them the way Microsoft wanted you to. Better safe than sorry, I can imagine how devastated an acheivement earner would be to see 40k disappear with a Gamertag ban :/

So I don't need to order these parts myself (Apart from the matrix board)? :D

farnell.com
    1448128 RESONATOR 12MHZ £0.27 1 - Bought 4
    1579600 PIC18F2455-I/SP 8BIT 24K FLASH £4.35 1 - Bought 4

maplin.co.uk
    VH01B 0.1uf CAPACITOR £0.14 1 - Bought a 20 pack of ebay
    AU08J 0.22uf CAPACITOR £0.18 1 - Bought a 20 pack of ebay
    D10K 10KΩ RESISTOR £0.23 2 - Bought a 50 pack on ebay
    D100R 100Ω RESISTER £0.23 5 - Left over from orginal xrebooted order
    JP48C STRIPBOARD £3.45 1 - Im just using some of my older stuff
    FZ57M 0.3IN 28 PIN SOCKET £1.03 1 - Bought 4 off ebay (they are .6 inc ones but they can be cut to fit

I also bought 4 usb sockets (socket A maybe, the same one you'd find in a printer or an external HD) so a regular usb cable will work

EDIT: Oh yeah I also bought a pic programmer, I also bought a couple of pics for making a PSX modchip, feel like reliving the good old days ? :P

I have one unfinished USB writer / reader, something went wrong there, don't know what. It is recognised as "Memory access" in Windows as should be, but it doesn't see nand.

Anyway if anyone wants it, you can have it, most important part is pic chip, which is already programmed, I had second one somewhere, if I'll find it then I'll post here.

pm me if anyone interested to have this reader, I don't want to waste anymore time on it (got myself LPC2148 :D)

lol, i should have asked you before this so :p

you want it?

EDIT: missed your list there ;)

EDIT2: are you planning on opening shop there on the west?

Well if no one else takes it I would! But im just after buying 4 of them!

• Advertisement

Quick one guys, sorry to detract. The seller of my Falcon sent me a cd with 3 verified matching dumps of the nand. I wanted to do it myself also and not skip this step in the process. I now have dumped it myself 3 times, with dumps 2 and 3 matching.

So for the sake of completion, I checked my two verified dumps against the seller verified dumps, and there are 8 differences found.

The directory structure of the cd is Xenon Nand Image - Zypher HDMI 003 - Nand1/8/10.bin

Now Im wondering if he just gave me three dumps of a differenct console, as mine is a Falcon.

Can my two matching dumps be trusted? Im dumping nand again to see what happens...

Advertisement