Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti Social Neighbours & Greedy Landlord

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭rightwingdub

D3PO wrote: »
    no harm in contacting your local counceller and also your local TD aswell as whats been suggested so far. Whilst they dont have any direct powers to sort this you would be surprised how helpful they might be

If its a Sinn Fein TD or councillor the scumbags will be swiftly removed from the estate:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

malpas wrote: »
    OP is incorrect...please review my earlier posts...you're only effective course of action is to take a case as a 3rd party, against the landlord for breaching his obligations under the Residential Tenancies Act 2004 in respect of the anti-social behaviour of his tenants. You can in fact be awarded damages/compensation by the Adjudicator as well as a legally enforceable order on the landlord to terminate the tenancy. Contact PRTB, complete application form, pay fee €25 and ask for case to be fast-tracked due to your circumstances. Tenants have Threshold to help them, landlords have IPOA and others, as a 3rd party, you have no-one that I can think of. The Act is complex but if you're desperate for advice, feel free to PM your no. if you want and I'll talk you through it.

That's some great information. I've had nightmare neighbours in the past so I'm making note of this in case I ever have again.

Advertisement