Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa on mushrooms,? ho ho ho

Options
  • 03-02-2010 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

"The whole complexity of the modern Christmas mythos is an unexplainable mess without the magic mushroom, the story is completely unintelligible"

I dont know what to make of this , i suppose it has a lot of good reasoning behind it but then again its a deep plunge, hard to get your head around ,but i always thought the red guy and raindeer and so on were a bit ...hard to swallow

but my opinion could be bias since ive had only good experiences with "magic mushrooms" , ive been called the sign post by the bshroomed, feet firmly on the ground and brain in skull ,pointing tward the heavens

what do all of you make of this? especially the non shroomers(read the link before you say wat you think)

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/atlantean_conspiracy/atlantean_conspiracy45.htm

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm sorry, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

def wrote: »

ive had only good experiences with "magic mushrooms"

are you curretly having one of these experiences?

couldn't make head nor tail of what you're saying

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Dude, Wait, What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

Terence McKenna on youtube is yer man for mushrom lore.(or click on my sig)
    With all due respect,I don't think the non-shroomers will be convinced by your presentation of this argument. If anything it may harden their resolve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

but my opinion could be bias since ive had only good experiences with "magic mushrooms"

Are you currently having a good experience with magic mushrooms?

Edit: Too slow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Dude Where's My Festive Holiday Season?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

hey Op..
    Are you on shrooms??

Click here..

Then Here...

Ha ha, You're fúcked now..
    that clown knows where you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

It's February buddy. Think your magic mushrooms might've knocked you out for a couple of months..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

"The whole complexity of the modern Christmas mythos is an unexplainable mess without the magic mushroom, the story is completely unintelligible"

I dont know what to make of this , i suppose it has a lot of good reasoning behind it but then again its a deep plunge, hard to get your head around ,but i always thought the red guy and raindeer and so on were a bit ...hard to swallow

but my opinion could be bias since ive had only good experiences with "magic mushrooms" , ive been called the sign post by the bshroomed, feet firmly on the ground and brain in skull ,pointing tward the heavens

what do all of you make of this? especially the non shroomers

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/atlantean_conspiracy/atlantean_conspiracy45.htm

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭def

are you curretly having one of these experiences?

couldn't make head nor tail of what you're saying

read the link

• Advertisement

I'm sorry, what?

read the link

Wazdakka wrote: »
    hey Op..
    Are you on shrooms??

Click here..

Then Here...

Ha ha, You're fúcked now..
    that clown knows where you live.

not since 06 ,,,read the link

MaybeLogic wrote: »
    Terence McKenna on youtube is yer man for mushrom lore.(or click on my sig)
    With all due respect,I don't think the non-shroomers will be convinced by your presentation of this argument. If anything it may harden their resolve.

they probably havent clicked on the link

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

read the link
    read the link

Computer says no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Is it coz them reindeer snort the dried mushies wot gives Rudolph his red nose then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

not since 06 ,,,read the link

NEVARRRR..

I choose to make a snap judgment based on barely skimming your original post and then throw down any old tripe that's vaguely related to whatever bits of it stuck in my head..

It's too obscure an argument for someone with no interest in mushrooms or shamanism and it's not even Christmas.
    Change comes slowly, def.
    You're not living in Czech Republic, by any chance?

if anything they glance at somthing then form an opinion ?dismissing information they were given access to without looking at it proof of ignorance if i ever heard it

It's too obscure an argument for someone with no interest in mushrooms or shamanism and it's not even Christmas.
    Change comes slowly, def.
    You're not living in Czech Republic, by any chance?

naw ,close enough though ,somewhere with more sensible drug policy than ireland anyway

• Advertisement

if anything they glance at somthing then form an opinion ?dismissing information they were given access to without looking at it proof of ignorance if i ever heard it

It is well known that Christmas replaced on of the pagan festivals and our own Celtic druids were shroom-heads so there's bound to be pagan symbolism (and some reference to mushrooms) tied up with Christmas.
    But this is AH and people take the piss out of all sorts of subjects so there's no point in trying to force the point across, they'll only take the piss even more.

It is well known that Christmas replaced on of the pagan festivals and our own Celtic druids were shroom-heads so there's bound to be pagan symbolism (and some reference to mushrooms) tied up with Christmas.
    But this is AH and people take the piss out of all sorts of subjects so there's no point in trying to force the point across, they'll only take the piss even more.

yes but i enjoy hearing hate speeches from people who were handed their opinions (and never questioned it) and them trying to defend "their" opinions without the slightist notion of what they are talking about in person and online

everyones most hated form of drugy stereotype ,informed ones who cant spell

from the link
    “Some psychologists have discussed the ‘cognitive dissonance’ which occurs when children are encouraged to believe in the literal existence of Santa Claus, only to have their parents' lie revealed when they are older.
    By so deceiving our children we rob them of a richer heritage …
    Many people in the modern world have rejected Christmas as being too commercial, claiming that this ritual of giving is actually a celebration of materialism and greed.
    Yet the true spirit of this winter festival lies not in the exchange of plastic toys, but in celebrating a gift from the earth: the fruiting top of a magical mushroom, and the revelatory experiences it can provide.

The Easter egg hunt is another activity inexplicable without mushrooms. The current understanding is that the Easter bunny lays multicolored eggs in or around every house for children to hunt for and collect in Easter baskets. But since when do rabbits lay eggs? Why are they colorful/spotted eggs?
    And why are they hidden for us to hunt and collect in baskets?
    atlant315.jpg
    Of course rabbits don’t lay eggs, but in ancient myth, the spring/fertility goddess Eostre and the Germanic Ostara are both said to have saved a bird whose wings had frozen during the winter by turning it into a rabbit. Since the rabbit had once been a bird, it could still lay eggs, and that egg laying hare became our Easter bunny.

i always thought rabbits laying eggs was a bit strange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

I've taken mushies plenty of times when I was younger, and this thread has just melted my head more than they EVER did.......

:confused::confused:

yes but i enjoy hearing hate speeches from people who were handed their opinions (and never questioned it) and them trying to defend "their" opinions without the slightist notion of what they are talking about in person and online

everyones most hated form of drugy stereotype ,informed ones who cant spell

We're primates (albeit domesticated) and as such we're territorial. Thus people will defend their intellectual territories. Other primates mark their territory with excretions, we do it with excretions from a pen or in our case words on a computer screen. People form, or have their ideas formed, through conditioning and they will filter incoming information to fit around and support those ideas.THat include the author of the 'link' and those who would oppose it. The thinker thinks, the prover proves.
    If your argument doesn't accord with their ideals they will concentrate on those bits that support their opinions. They don't see a reasoned argument about the symbolism of our festive season , instead they may see a drug-addled youth rambling about signposts and heavens and, maybe a little aggressively, pushing an idea about which they may not have any interest.
    On a subject as divisive as drugs you could say people, who fall on either side of the debate, form tribes and while someone from your tribe might agree with the article and even be entertained by it. Someone from the other tribe, however, looking at this thread through their lens may have their predjudices about drugs users confirmed and reinforced.
    Softly,softly, def.

for anyone who has read the link .... all this snake symbolism has me thinking ,when they say st .patrick drove all the snakes from ireland could this be a refrence to the druids?

It's a plausible enough analogy, I suppose. I dunno about in Paddys' day but the mainstream church today would certainly look down on drug use and drug users/dealers are afforded the same status as reptiles in todays society. (this is starting to changing in our era, thankfully).
    One could extend the analogy to the Garden of Eden story. If the serpent is the shaman and the Tree of Life is one of the consciousness expanding substances then the God of the Old Testament certainly has all the narrow-minded, jealous and childish attributes of Church leaders down the ages. Then the banishment from paradise would be the ostrasization form society, as deemed by the moral arbiters of the age, as seen down the ages with the burning of heretics, the witch-hunts and a practise re-enacted in the 20th century with the jailing of users/dealers in certain drugs.
    This story emerged at the time when agriculture was first discovered, when we moved from the hunter-gatherer/pastoral societies of old to the hierarchial societies of today. Taking mushrooms dissolves the consensus reality of todays' societies , so I can see how the church/state would be eager to stamp it out its' use.
    No need for a so-called 'go-between', who actually buffers one from God/Truth/Reality with layer upon layer of the linguistic constructs that make up dogma, when you can go into a field, consume a mushroom and have your own direct, profound, personal, spiritual experience.

It's a plausible enough analogy, I suppose. I dunno about in Paddys' day but the mainstream church today would certainly look down on drug use and drug users/dealers are afforded the same status as reptiles in todays society. (this is starting to changing in our era, thankfully).
    One could extend the analogy to the Garden of Eden story. If the serpent is the shaman and the Tree of Life is one of the consciousness expanding substances then the God of the Old Testament certainly has all the narrow-minded, jealous and childish attributes of Church leaders down the ages. Then the banishment from paradise would be the ostrasization form society, as deemed by the moral arbiters of the age, as seen down the ages with the burning of heretics, the witch-hunts and a practise re-enacted in the 20th century with the jailing of users/dealers in certain drugs.
    This story emerged at the time when agriculture was first discovered, when we moved from the hunter-gatherer/pastoral societies of old to the hierarchial societies of today. Taking mushrooms dissolves the consensus reality of todays' societies , so I can see how the church/state would be eager to stamp it out its' use.

the serpent in the garden of eden ,is a symbol for knowledge (acheived possibly through mushrooms /druids/ heathen stuff... ) ,i was implying that the story of st.patrick was all about driving druids/shroomers/ancient knowledge from ireland, maybe not the snakes that never could have lived here given the climate would have probly been colder than today
    No need for a so-called 'go-between', who actually buffers one from God/Truth/Reality with layer upon layer of the linguistic constructs that make up dogma, when you can go into a field, consume a mushroom and have your own direct, profound, personal, spiritual experience.

people tend to fear what they can not understand...especially when this unsavoury character with a collar feeds them the whole "do what i tell ye or its off to hell" , "burn the mushroom "worshiping" heathen" and so on ,not a drop of love for their fellow man in their whole mind body or neglected soul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'd say drugs played a big part in the creation of allot of religions and they're use was restricted to the priests and leaders of religions. Sure I was praying to Jesus last night while I was stoned and he appeared to me, we had a great chat. He said he was off his tit's for most of the naughtys when he said all that stuff about being God, he barely even remembers the crucifiction Mary kept dipping a rag in buckets of amphetamines and hallucinogens and whipping them in he's face.

Advertisement