Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campagnolo -v- Shimano

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

Jumping in late...sorry....

Campag and Shimano are different beasts doing the same job.....(SRAM too).

And for me it boils down to preference....

Having used both Shimano and Campag over the years the best comparison I can make is....(not price based but 'performance' based and purely subjective)

Super Record and Record. No equivalent.
    Chorus - Dura Ace
    Centaur/Daytona - Ultegra
    Veloce - 105
    Xenon/Mirage - Tiagra/Sora

But there is really no 1 to 1 relationship.

I've been using Chorus for year snow and it would take a lot to change my mind...

My 2c worth :)

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Lumen wrote: »
    edit: this and this might be useful

okay who else has accounts on RBR :D
    really..just curious is there an irish clan on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

My BH Classic G-2 Mirage L62 was more expensive than the Classic G-2 105 L60. Exact same bikes only mine has the Mirage groupset and the other the 105 groupset. It's a sweet ride all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭redmaxi

AstraMonti wrote: »
    generally the gears are very "sensitive" and need every 3rd ride tuning.

Slighty off topic but there is a lot of talk over on WW about the 2009 centaur shift levers, all their problems that is. I think this is what you have ?. Anyway if you haven't seen it here's the link. I have no problem with mine but you have to use the option to route the cable at the back of the handlebar otherwise the cable will hang up and ensure all the housings are set up perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

me@ucd wrote: »
    okay who else has accounts on RBR :D
    really..just curious is there an irish clan on there?

I do....sorry....is this 'Two-timing'? :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement