Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Carl Frampton Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭makl

Feargal how was the Garcia fight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Feargal as Luimneach

makl wrote: »
    Feargal how was the Garcia fight?
    Missed Murray's fight (was late):mad:
    The girlfriend wanted some dinnéar so only caught the end of Garcia fight. Was a clinical finish. King was nearly punched out of ring:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭BoxingIrel.com

Looks like McGuigan and Frampton will be taking over Setanta's boxing output.

This could be great for boxing in Ireland.

http://www.boxing-ireland.com/20100726_framps_champs_47.html

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭whaaames

Frampton looks tasty enough, and all the shows will all be worth watching IMO,..

Nice article too...

whaaames wrote: »
    Frampton looks tasty enough, and all the shows will all be worth watching IMO,..

Nice article too...

I cant take credit for that to be honest it was Paddy Cronan.

He also presents a radio show on onthegrindboxing.com which has plenty of Irish guys on the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

Frampton video interview about Casey and his upcoming fight with Voronin

http://boxing-ireland.com/20100910_frampton_jackal_voronin_71.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Impressive win for him tonight, hopefully he pushes on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fantastico

Looking forward to Frampton's next fight against Gavin Reid for vacant Celtic Super Bantamweight Title 3rd Dec, he was awesome against Voronin, he's a real banger. It's on Setanta for anyone who can't make it to the Ulster Hall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqeGU4bkWd8

Check out the promo for the Frampton Reid fight this Friday.

• Advertisement

What a performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

Great performance , but early early stoppage for me .

Its a title fight ffs , ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

fast and heavy handed stuff there from Frampton,

highly impressive stuff indeed, he's actually the last amateur ive seen to actually score knockdowns, so that goes to show how hard he hits

i couldnt see Paul Hyland lasting very long with him ti be honest

himself and Willie Casey would have some fight though, very similar styles, but i think its safe to say that Frampton would have the better pedigree, so you'd expect him to win

make it happen Barry!!!

Great performance , but early early stoppage for me .

Its a title fight ffs , ....

yea but no complaints from reid. it was similar to hyland stoppage.

that fight reminded me of lemieux style. whatever about casey rigondeaux (barry not aware of that yet from interview), frampton rigondeaux would be great. plenty of time though....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

first time seening the hype tonight, can honestly say I am very excited, the kid looks smooth - what a prospect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

Great performance from Little Brick Fists tonight, on to bigger and better but no rush.

I'd prefer to see him in against Esham Pickering or someone that will give him rounds.

http://boxing-ireland.com/20101203_carl_frampton_gavin_reid_57.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Great stuff yet again, looking forward to see him in a proper test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

Sorry for resurrecting this mods, but did anybody see Carl and Barry on the Late Late tonight? Barry is very confident in his abilities too...Love to see this new interest in young boxing hopefuls..Carl is defo a prospect!

Looking forward to seeing more of Carl and wish him the very best..

Couldn't have a more ethical promoter in Barry, brings a whole new meaning to promotion..and real boxing pre 'sky' :P

I think Barry as manager for short term is fine, would be worried in the mid-longer term, he is to emotional, highly strung and pisses me off when he over-talks carl like he did tonight. Carl is not a forgone world champ, some perspective would be good, its not a foregone conclusion like Barry was saying tonight.

Nothing is a foregone conclusion....

..but I think Barry would make a good promoter, it's a new(ish) arena for him and I think he would lay it on the line, no sugar coating in the gym. It's different when you are introducing a boxer though - you don't say, 'here he is, but he's not a forgone conclusion..'...no? I don't know a single promoter who does that, and some of em have never even stepped inside the boxing ring!

I think it's all good, wish them both well...:P

• Advertisement

the kid is exciting, buts he not even top in Ireland / Uk yet. Fine building confidence but predicting that he'll be a w.champ no problem is a bit much at this stage

wait till he conquers europe first (which i thnk he will within 2-3 years).

Nothing like building a mans ego but be wary of the crash .......

Absolutely he has to prove himself in Europe and progress from national to european to world like everybody, but there is no harm in being in his corner either.. a bit of whoop whoop hurray? It's not like the Late Late is worldwide..lol.

If any fighter at ANY weight is asked what their dream is they will inevitably anwer a 'World Title'!

..whether that's boxing or martial arts etc. it's always the 'dream' to have achieved a world title in the field.

I'd say Barry is fairly grounded, he didn't pick the lad out of the crowd for no reason..and no I'm not related..just a fan of Barry..:)

would barry be able to get the bigger fights further down the road I wonder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

would barry be able to get the bigger fights further down the road I wonder ?

Is Barry his promoter or manager?

I have a feeling Barry is his manager and is also promoting his fights, that's not to say Carl couldn't fight on a different promoters card as Barry is still his manager, now that's just my impression I'm not on the inside.

As for Barry talking Carl up, that's part and parcel of boxing, he seems well grounded but confidence is a big part of any sport especially boxing. I would've liked to see more of Carl on the late late and less of Barry's son, no offence to him seems like a nice chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Fantastico wrote: »
    I have a feeling Barry is his manager and is also promoting his fights, that's not to say Carl couldn't fight on a different promoters card as Barry is still his manager, now that's just my impression I'm not on the inside.

As for Barry talking Carl up, that's part and parcel of boxing, he seems well grounded but confidence is a big part of any sport especially boxing. I would've liked to see more of Carl on the late late and less of Barry's son, no offence to him seems like a nice chap.

I only ask because i was of the understanding that you're not allowed to be manager and promoter of the same boxer in Britain.

I reckon Barry is talking him up to get the public onside and interested in him, i'm sure he is a bit more reserved behind closed doors. McGuigan is no fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

Frampton-Cespedes: Brick Fists ready to smash his way to Continental honours

http://boxing-ireland.com/20110404_joaquin_cespedes_carl_frampton_24.html

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

High time I bumped this thread I reckon.

Advertisement