Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow risk on Wednesday

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

darkman2 wrote: »
    OK the situation is that temperatures are dropping and will continue to fall over night getting close to freezing in a line roughly from Wickow to Clare Northward. Rain will move up from the Southwest early tomorrow morning hitting the cold air and the precipitation will continue to move North through the morning.

The rain will turn to snow for a time from Wicklow northward. For areas Dublin, North Wicklow (and high ground), the North Midlands and the North West snow is likely during the commuting hours tomorrow morning. It is unlikely to settle as temperatures will be just above freezing. Snow is possible in these areas up to about lunchtime give or take an hour or two.

Further North snow will reach Ulster later tomorrow morning. It should turn back to rain over most areas here aswell however it is possible it could be snow throughout the remainder of the day in the Northeast. Lying snow is more likely over Ulster.

Bare in mind this is a marginal setup. There could be more snow then forecast or less snow then forecast.

Temperatures tomorrow will range 1 to 10C. Mildest in the Southwest.

ok so it could be snow the whole way through note its already -1c here if cloud stays away id say -5c may be possible and if that comes its bound to be snow the whole way through bbc weather also shows snow the whole way through for here...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

owenc wrote: »
    ok so it could be snow the whole way through note its already -1c here if cloud stays away id say -5c may be possible and if that comes its bound to be snow the whole way through bbc weather also shows snow the whole way through for here...

Yes, but it is marginal, there could be more or less then is forecast. The snow could be more widespread then forecast. It could be alot less. It will be a case of nowcasting more then forecasting I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

Met eireann not being optimistic for snow as usual.
    Hopefully they'll be wrong as usual too!:rolleyes:
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/regional.asp?Prov=Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

There was never any snow forecast for dublin tonight.
    I seen the forecast earlier, did anyone notice evelyn speaking very creppy and slow lol, plus she said the cold will be gone for the forseeble future after these few days.
    She devil!
    Go to rte player and watch it, high risk of snow in northern areas tonight she said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Pangea wrote: »
    There was never any snow forecast for dublin tonight.
    I seen the forecast earlier, did anyone notice evelyn speaking very creppy and slow lol, plus she said the cold will be gone for the forseeble future after these few days.
    She devil!
    Go to rte player and watch it, high risk of snow in northern areas tonight she said.

So, Donegal to get yet more snow :mad:. Earthquakes galore and snow galore up there this winter. Pangea, how does Donegalers take to us soft Galwegians?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

So, Donegal to get yet more snow :mad:. Earthquakes galore and snow galore up there this winter. Pangea, how does Donegalers take to us soft Galwegians?
    We point and laugh. :p

ha-ha-part-deux-150x150.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Hic! Ok where's my snow?

Ah there it is.... snowing lightly in Donegal Town for the last 20 mins. Not settling though. ....yet

4326787185_53422d2603.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

1.7/1.2
    rain rain oh and a bit of rain :(

Still snowing very lightly here (and just as I type that it gets a little heavier) but not settling on road. I'm sure if i was further inland or a little higher it would be snowing heavier. Pangea or Graces7.. whats it doing up/over your way?

According to thermometer app on my phone it is -0.4c. That's up from -1.1c an hour ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

7.30 this morning snowing ground white a nice covering, At the minute its stop snowing and only the fields are white now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

1.4°C/0.8°C rain, must be snowing around 300 metres upwards, mountains will be getting pasted again.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Weather warning for the whole of Northern Ireland from the UKMO :D
    Northern Ireland:
    Co Antrim Co Armagh Co Derry Co Down Co Fermanagh Co Tyrone
    Heavy Snow
    1030 Wed 3 - 1600 Wed 3

Outbreaks of snow will become more persistent later this morning with some heavier outbreaks for a time. Drier weather will follow from the south during the afternoon. Accumulations of 2 to 5cm are widely expected and up to 10cm over the hills.
    The public are advised to take extra care and refer to Traffic Watch (NI) (operational hours 07.30 to 18.30 Mon to Fri) for further advice on road conditions.
    Issued at: 0825 Wed 3 Feb

http://www.meto.gov.uk/weather/uk/ni/ni_forecast_warnings.html

Currently it's 0.1C with a dew point of -2.1C and a frost still on the ground despite the overcast conditions .......

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Supercell wrote: »
    1.4°C/0.8°C rain, must be snowing around 300 metres upwards, mountains will be getting pasted again.

Cloud lifting here and can see fresh snow on Dublin Mountains at about 200 metres up. 3.0c here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Snow up here and settling.. Fine powdery stuff..A bare centimetre, if that but the wind has risen and is blowing it about now.

Not sure when it started; was working away with the curtains closed so had quite a surprise when I called a pit stop.

Getting darker by the minute out there so anything could - and probably will - happen. ;)

When I came here in November, I made the remark that I seemed now to be above the snow line.. That is certainly true....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

And Icebergs!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Lovely snow here in Strabane now and it is sticking nicely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Just back from my morning jog, cut short!
    Back of the estate which is about 20 metres higher than here its snowing!
    The fields just behind the estate toward scarr are white on top. So would guess the snow line is around 260 metres or so. So near yet so far ! Getting a mixture of sleet and rain here now but temp is rising so snowline will start going higher unles the precip gets significantly heavier.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Steady rain here. Temp fell down to 2c earlier before the heavier stuff arrived so I though I have might have been in with a chance. With the rain came the warmth however, 4.4c currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ah comeon; that was a hoax!
    snaps wrote: »
    And Icebergs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Just started snowing this very minute here 8 mile outside Derry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Nice covering here now, just stopped. Don't know if it will stick around today.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Still very light wet snow here.. been kinda constant now for about 2 hours. Not settling though but its nice to look at:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Hi all,

Been busy here, and havent had much time to check up on the old boards!!

Snowing here in Enniskillen, heavy too, and is sticking to pretty much everything except the roads. Been snowing on and off since about 7am, but has really kicked in since about 09.30 or so.
    Met office has us at 1.1 o/C so will have to see how much longer it continues!!

Regards to all

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Sonwing here since 6:30am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

pointless sleet all morning which has now given way to rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Snowing here again. It's more than the light dusting on Sunday.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Could get very interesting in the north alright.

10020318_0300.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Heres the story in my area:
    Its been snowing heavy all morning ,the fields are white but its not sticking on the roads, around a mile or 2 out it is sticking on the roads and there is up to 2 inches in places.

dsc00805th.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

my drive at 8:30am

104255.jpg

half an inch of snow on the car

seems to be turning to sleet and melting

nothing to speak of at lower levels now

Advertisement