Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Judicial System. Rape of a child a lesser crime than that of an adult.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 AtariBaby

FYP, we have always had child sex offenders, and lots of them, but "no one knew", it was kept under wraps.

So, it's prosecutions which have increased, not sex offences.
    Firstly, child sex offences were never kept under wraps, victims were coming out but the judicial system kept turning them away.

Secondly, no, you are misinformed. Sex offences are increasing:
    http://www.ireland.com/home/Kidnappings_rapes_robberies_rise/maxi/fast/news/irnews/247285

Please do not feel that my sole purpose here is to prove you wrong. I'm glad you took time out to debate in my thread. In any debate, opinions are always welcomed but in a sensitive issue like this, its always best to speak in truths and facts.
    Ireland has a horrendous laid back approach to dealing with criminals who abuse/rape children. Alot of people will be upset that I'm running down our country but just remember a country is a word spelt with letters, a flag is just material with colours. Its people that make a country. Aren't children people too????

Overheal wrote: »
    Youre talking about one being a violent kidnapping involving premeditation to the point of having keys copied and in others you have repeated coercion of children into boiler rooms and tool sheds to have your way with them.

I never said which one I thought was worse. But its not hard to guess. Im just saying one is not the other; though not far off.
    I understand you are not speaking about one being worse than the other. I know you think both are heinous.

The only differences is the words and terms used. The actions are the same. The end result is the same. Our Judicial system [much like many] places far too much emphasis on the actions surrounding and leading up to the crime than the actual crime itself. In my eyes that is a miscarriage of justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

AtariBaby wrote: »
    Firstly, child sex offences were never kept under wraps, victims were coming out but the judicial system kept turning them away.

Secondly, no, you are misinformed. Sex offences are increasing:
    http://www.ireland.com/home/Kidnappings_rapes_robberies_rise/maxi/fast/news/irnews/247285

Please do not feel that my sole purpose here is to prove you wrong. I'm glad you took time out to debate in my thread. In any debate, opinions are always welcomed but in a sensitive issue like this, its always best to speak in truths and facts.:D
    Ireland has a horrendous laid back approach to dealing with criminals who abuse/rape children. Alot of people will be upset that I'm running down our country but just remember a country is a word spelt with letters, a flag is just material with colours. Its people that make a country. Aren't children people too????

OK, on the highlighted bit, WTF??? They were NEVER kept under wraps? What planet are you living on?

Secondly, As I said Prosecutions are rising, but more accurately Reporting rape is rising, that doesn't mean it didn't exist before, it just was WAY under reported, and still is.

You haven't exactly proved anyone wrong here, I have agreed that our judicial system is a shambles.

And on the last bit, you aren't a person until you are in my phonebook. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Aren't children people too????
    Well that's it actually - all are people. Whether you're a child or an adult, you don't deserve rape.

If a girl is attacked by some random guy in the street and raped it is just as wrong as someone taking a child and raping that child. Age doesn not come into it, rape is rape, for everyone.

It's not any worse or any better when it's an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Maybe I didn't read the last two articles properly, but I didn't see anywhere that either men were convicted of rape, it was indecent assault, which is different and a lesser crime (IMHO) so should carry a lesser sentence.

• Advertisement

A commander might not tell his troops everything, but he is ultimately responsible. I would argue the vast majority of the clergy knew what was going on, but was too pussy to stop it.
    The sex offender registry, I see alot of good reasons to be public, but at the same time, if someone has served their time, then they should be allowed at least try to get on with their lives with some degree of normality. Though time served is simply not enough IMO.
    I certainly cannot dispute your claim of all priests knowing about it. I cannot prove otherwise but I would like to think for the sake of the Irish society that not all knew about it.
    I understand your concerns regarding a public viewable sex offenders registry. It may cause so called witch hunts and lynch mobs to come into effect, but in the end, decieving the public does not protect the public.
    A lot of countries have public accessible sex offenders registrars, in light of current times and events I feel its high time Ireland followed suit and, for once, stood up for the protection of Irish children.

RTE, PAT KENNY ATTEMPT TO RATIONALIZE PAEDOPHILIA 2006.

In 2006, our national tv broadcaster allowed a child sex offender to appear on its prime time show "The Late Late Show". It was not well recieved. In 2006 the Catholic Church knew the allegations were about to surface. The RTE [financed by the Catholic Church] and Pat "puppet" Kenny decided to delve into child sex offenders. They invited convicted child molestor [paedophile] Jake Goldenflame, for an interview.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/fury-and-outrage-over-late-late-paedophile-interview-77640.html

This passage from the above article says it all:
    "Whilst One in Four believes an appropriate and balanced discussion which seeks to explore the perpetration of sexual violence against children has considerable merit, we do not believe the Late Late Show is an appropriate forum for such a discussion." He described the decision by RTE not to ensure a qualified therapist was on hand to counter Mr Goldenflame's distorted views as "grossly irresponsible".

It wasn't grossly irresponsible to not allow a qualifed speaker to counter the argument, that was the intended purpose of the RTE. The RTE just wanted 1 view heard. RTE views that the Irish people are stupid and thought that they would believe this crap and nonsense cos they said so and afterall it was on tv. That view expressed was bought and paid by the Catholic Church in an attempt to rationalize child abuse.

Sickenly, the interview was immediately followed up by a comedian and a male stripping act.

When our own National TV Broadcaster neglects child protection by airing such nonsense which consisted of pure lies and misinformation, you can be sure all is not well within the country. Shame on you RTE, Catholic Church and Pat "puppet" Kenny.

The recent budget demonstrates how much the Irish Nation cares about its children. The budget hit the most vulnerable in society, families/persons on welfare and families/persons in minimum wage jobs.
    As recently seen on Pat "puppet" Kennys tv show "The Frontline", there is now an argument rising between people working for the minimum wage and people on social welfare. Pat Kenny and RTE has got people riled up about social welfare recipients not returning to work due to no pay incentive. This has angered people, understandly, who are on the minimum wage. Please do not fall for this nonsense. The only thing that the RTE and Pat Kenny are attempting is to get the lowest classes of society falling out, squabbling over pennies whilst the rich get richer.

A LETTER TO THE TAOISEACH, MR. BRIAN COWEN

Dear Taoiseach [Mr. Brian Cowen]
    What is the governments plan to protect children in the future? Why are overseas sex offenders flooding in to this country?
    Is it true that the Irish state is planning on leaving the poorer sections of society [social welfare recipients and minimum wage workers] so poor that one day they may actually have to prostitute out their children to all these pimps, paedophiles and sex offenders that is swamping our country in an effort to survive hard economical times brought on by greedy politicians and worthless bankers..

A very concerned citizen.

Back on topic, I guess time will tell on that one but make no mistake about this. This is 100% fact.
    Ireland is neglecting children.
    You may like to wrap yourself up in wool and say, no that is not happening. If you feel that way then I think its about time you opened your eyes and had a very good intense look at this country.
    Ireland is neglecting children.

OK, on the highlighted bit, WTF??? They were NEVER kept under wraps? What planet are you living on?

Secondly, As I said Prosecutions are rising, but more accurately Reporting rape is rising, that doesn't mean it didn't exist before, it just was WAY under reported, and still is.

You haven't exactly proved anyone wrong here, I have agreed that our judicial system is a shambles.

And on the last bit, you aren't a person until you are in my phonebook. :P
    I guess there is a mixing of words between us. You are correct, all was kept under wraps by society but I was speaking from the victims [survivors] point of view, they never hid it, society did.

The most highest form of unreported rape is that of a married man raping his wife. I agree that most rape goes unreported due to many reasons. Probably one being lack of faith in the judicidal system.

The debate is not about proving anyone right or wrong but I'm still waiting on you to list these differences between the 3 cases in my OP. If you can, list constructive differences, just don't say, I say there are differences between the 3 cos I say so. List and detail what you feel is different and why you feel that each got different sentencing. I cannot see any difference between the rape of an adult than the rape of a child, both are equally heinous.

I don't think I will enter your phonebook, meeting people online can sometimes be a sure fire way of getting hurt. Not that all people online are bad. Its a mixed bag.:)

Well that's it actually - all are people. Whether you're a child or an adult, you don't deserve rape.

If a girl is attacked by some random guy in the street and raped it is just as wrong as someone taking a child and raping that child. Age doesn not come into it, rape is rape, for everyone.

It's not any worse or any better when it's an adult.
    Well said. I agree completely.

Piste wrote: »
    Maybe I didn't read the last two articles properly, but I didn't see anywhere that either men were convicted of rape, it was indecent assault, which is different and a lesser crime (IMHO) so should carry a lesser sentence.
    Its people like you that has this country the way it is!! A mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I guess there is a mixing of words between us. You are correct, all was kept under wraps by society but I was speaking from the victims [survivors] point of view, they never hid it, society did.

The most highest form of unreported rape is that of a married man raping his wife. I agree that most rape goes unreported due to many reasons. Probably one being lack of faith in the judicidal system.

The debate is not about proving anyone right or wrong but I'm still waiting on you to list these differences between the 3 cases in my OP. If you can, list constructive differences, just don't say, I say there are differences between the 3 cos I say so. List and detail what you feel is different and why you feel that each got different sentencing. I cannot see any difference between the rape of an adult than the rape of a child, both are equally heinous.

I don't think I will enter your phonebook, meeting people online can sometimes be a sure fire way of getting hurt. Not that all people online are bad. Its a mixed bag.:)

Why do you keep using definite terms?

I never said there were or were not differences in the three cases above, however from my understanding is that one was a prolonged rape and the other 2 were sexual assault over a long period of time. Sexual assault is not always rape, but rape is always sexual assault, so there is a difference in what was done, that doesn't mean any of it was less or more depraved than the other.

I think rapists and people who commit sexual assault alike should be given quite harsh sentences, but they are technically different crimes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭SubrbanOblivion

I fail to see any difference in the 3 cases.
    You say the latter 2 had no previous. What has that got to do with it. It just means that they were much better at keeping their crimes hidden, which in turn would make them a much bigger threat in society.

If they weren't caught, it can't be proven that they've done it before, or are 'more of a danger'. While I agree most offenders probably don't get caught out their first time, we know there are some that have.

As to why it makes a difference...Some people get caught, go through the system and get help, whether they are successful or not. Some may be so afraid of getting caught that they don't repeat their actions.

The most dangerous type is the one who takes their punishment, but still feels compelled to repeat their offense despite the consequences. The first-timer doesn't know what will happen if they get busted, the repeat offender knows and just doesn't care. Far more disturbing IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

caseyann wrote: »
    Oh sorry i cant.It would only give dutch news.And i don't read it.I am told this by some people i know who live there.

Well I lived there, and I think I'd like more details before I'd make sweeping generalisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Ah the AH justice brigade.

1st case was a rape (and involved violence, death threats etc). The second two were sexual assaults. And yet, during the OP's posts, he keeps referring to all 3 as rapists. Lovely.

Guess what people; justice systems don't work perfectly all the time. And yet random cases where people see a breach of justice get held up on AH (always with a couple of incomparable cases) as "evidence", without bothering to consider that the justice system as a whole works well.

I'm still waiting for someone to show me the differences but yet all I see is people saying they are different but it is not accompanied by any rational explanation or insight.

I hate to repeat myself but........

Of course they are comparable.
    A woman is raped. A child is raped.
    A man is held captive. A child is held captive.
    The criminal threatens murder toward both adults. It's most common in child abuse that the child [or a member of the child's family] is threatned with harm or death in order to silence the victimized child.

Where are these differences that you speak of? I fail to see them.
    Did you actually read the cases?
    Sexual assault =/= rape.

Ignoring her points and going for ad hominems (after complaining that nobody showed up the differences)
    Nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I come to Boards.ie in the hope that someone can offer justification in this matter. I'm sure we all agree that rape is a heinous crime in any circumstances, imposed on any individual be them of any age, gender, race etc etc.
    Can someone please answer me why there is such inconsistencies in final legal/justification rulings in these matters. It is apparent that the Irish society views the rape of a child to a lesser degree than that of an adult.
    I present 3 cases of rape. 1 of the cases presented reflects the rape/abuse of an adult whilst the others reflects the rape/abuse of children.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0129/piotrowskie.html

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0126/currye.html

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0128/doyleg.html

Why is there such a massive difference in these sentences?

In the case of Piotrowskie I present a quote from the RTE newsroom

Please remember that the sexual abuse of a child is highly traumatic for the younger mind, noone can say for sure what was said to the child during the repeated terms of abuse. The child may not be able to recall what was said.
    It seems to me that the Irish Judicial system readily accepts that the rape and abuse of children is a lesser crime than the rape and abuse of an adult. Why are there such inconsistencies in cases of rape? Surely rape is rape. Why are child sex offenders getting lesser sentences?
    Or is there an ulterior motive hiding beneath all this?
    We all know that the catholic church holds massive precedence in the Irish state. Are these lenient sentences imposed for the rape of children presently making way for lesser sentences for religious figureheads in the future?

Irish Judicial System: Rape of a child a lesser crime than the rape an adult.

Your views please. Thank you.

Fail thread... all three crimes are completely differant, plus the pole in the first link probably ate the couples swans too...

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

...And to the lawyers who defend these shells of humanity with special terms like Aberration: There is a special place in Hell for you.

I don't believe and I simply cannot believe what your saying... Society needs lawyers brave enough to take on unpopular cases.

This could go way off topic, but just for a second, remember Paddy J. McGrory a brilliant Lawyer who took on the Gibraltar inquest into the death of 3 provo volunteers on behalf of the families. This nearly destroyed his good name as the UK tabloids went to town accusing him of all sorts of activities..

It wasn't a popular move on his behalf, but non-the less, Lawyers this brave are somewhat thick skinned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I LOL when I read this sort of stuff. Why dont we have a judiciary accountable to the people? Because we dont want to.

Every general election, or local election, politicians come to my door asking for my vote. I ask them each time, what will they do to make our judiciary more transparent, accountable and just. Each time the politicians say "blah blah blah constitution blah blah". As if the constitution was written in stone and cant be changed :rolleyes:

We should have judges who justify their decisions. Its madness that we have a section of society literally above the law (we can't even subject them to a pension levy) and at no stage do they have to explain any one of their decisions. It is literally madness.

And lets be honest, they have no problem criticizing how we find out information

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/judges-charge-against-rte-must-be-taken-seriously-1166606.html

But try and remove them for misconduct and they go to their buddies and sue you

http://www.rte.ie/news/2004/0601/curtinb.html

Seriously, judges judging judges in a court where they have to provide no explanation.

Still, this is what the Irish people want, they need an upper class to rule them, the brits, the church and now the judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

So thats

6 months suspended sentence for raping a woman
    1 life sentence for threatening to kill her
    1 life sentence for threatening to kill him
    1 life sentence for kidnapping him
    1 life sentence for handcuffing his left arm
    1 life sentence for handcuffing his right arm

am i right?

Totally, but throw in castration and eye gouging and that would cap it of nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

There is lots of inconsistency in Irish Law over equality of the gender. Which is in breach of article 14 Discrimination of the European conventions of human rights.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Convention_on_Human_Rights#Article_14_-_discrimination

There is more punishment of Males in Irish Law than Females. Law must be applied fairly for everyone to be effective.

For Example. If a 16 year old girl seduces and have sex with her 10 year old brother. He can be Punish for incest while she gets away Scott free with that offence.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/justice/criminal-law/criminal-offences/law_on_sex_offences_in_ireland
    There are no age limits. However, a girl under 17 years cannot be prosecuted for incest. The maximum sentence is life imprisonment for males and seven years for females.
    Defilement of a child aged under 17 years

A girl aged under 17 years who has sexual intercourse may not be convicted of an offence on that ground alone.
    And Girls say they are more mature than boys. Yet the Boy have to take responsibility for his actions. A clear discrimination against young immature males.

Mother who abuse their children even sexual offence get off lightly in comparison to Fathers. It seems that the legal system and TD's do not agree that mothers who abuse their children do not cause as much emotional and mental damage to their children than the Fathers.

Any mother/females who knowingly commits an offence knows that she will get off lightly with the Irish Justice system or not go to court. There is no incentive for females to obey the law or show proper conduct that males are expected to follow. The "Child or Pregnant" is the "get out of jail card" is always been played and that "all males abuses" is their ticket to get off lightly as excuses and blaming others without taking responsibility for their actions, which is shameful.

Females are getting far more aggressive today than in Victorian times with the old out of date mindset belief that our Law makers still have.
    Who voted them in? We Society did , therefore we are to blame for the mess we created.

Women are not weak, they have other non physical and more destructive ways to abuse.

Childline in the UK have reported an alarming increase in Female sexual predators of child rape.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/taboo-tolerance/female-sexual-abuse-the-untold-story-of-societys-last-taboo-1767688.html

• Advertisement

Totally, but throw in castration and eye gouging and that would cap it of nicely.
    You can't castrate a female for sexual or any crimes against a child. It would be against her right to procreate.

Castration does not work. The US have proved this. Rape is a mindset sexual desire that needs to be fullied by taking the power of choice from the victims.
    Hard time in Jail, not in our pussy Irish jail system of criminals getting what they want, where you can leave well before you time is up.

The Irish Judicial system is a joke because there is no incentive to stop breaking the law. Hard Criminals just laugh and it a badge of honour to to time for they get too well treated and they know they will be released early.

And to the lawyers who defend these shells of humanity with special terms like Aberration: There is a special place in Hell for you.
    The law must be applied fairly to all and everybody must be defend equally for the truth to come out or it just grounds for mob bullying and innocent people will get punished for crimes they never committed.

How would you like it if someone accused you of rape of year gone by and you do not have a lawyer to defend you in court to protest your innocence, or if you hit someone out of a moment of madness/anger and that act kill them even though you did not intend to kill them. To others you deserve to be punish for murder, not manslaughter.

Hell is for ignorant people like you for people like you abuse others and for not taking responsibility for inciting hatred out of ignorance for Lawyers and others who are doing a very difficult job, just because you cannot or will not take responsibility for containing your emotions and want revenge before The truth come out. Saudi Arabia and Sudan is the country for you, where innocent get severely punish for allege infractions.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,208 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I thought you said you came here looking for an honest explanation? Then you get one and jump down the guy's troath? Sorry, but no.

Rape is a more serious crime than sexual assault in the eyes of the law. Just because someone points this out doesn't mean that they're some sort of closet pinko/PC brigade/wheatever Bill O'Reilly soundbite you care to throw around.

The three cases ARE different: the first one was far more violent and abusive. If someone had broken into a house, tied up the parent and said they were goign to kill them and then raped (and by this I mean RAPED, not SEXUALLY ASSAULTED) the child, you can guarantee they'd get s sentence akin to that of the Polish guy in the first thread.

Now, you have your answer. Like it or not.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I thought you said you came here looking for an honest explanation? Then you get one and jump down the guy's troath? Sorry, but no.

Its because of people like you and the other guy that I hate debating in forums. You are the type of people that come into a thread spout your own nonsense and worthless opinions without even researching what you are talking about. What you and a few others are doing here is the following..."You're wrong and I'm right, I don't have to research anything because my opinion is always correct and I'm never wrong". Ok, prepared to be proved wrong.
    Ikky Poo2 wrote:
    Rape is a more serious crime than sexual assault in the eyes of the law. Just because someone points this out doesn't mean that they're some sort of closet pinko/PC brigade/wheatever Bill O'Reilly soundbite you care to throw around.

Sexual assault is rape.
    Ikky Poo2 wrote:
    The three cases ARE different: the first one was far more violent and abusive. If someone had broken into a house, tied up the parent and said they were goign to kill them and then raped (and by this I mean RAPED, not SEXUALLY ASSAULTED) the child, you can guarantee they'd get s sentence akin to that of the Polish guy in the first thread.

So in your eyes a fully grown man ramming his penis down a childs throat is not really abuse. I suppose that says more about you than the Judical system.

Now, you have your answer. Like it or not.

Its an answer but its a wrong answer.

Here are the facts:

Legal definitions: Common Law rape is defined in section 1 of the Criminal Law (Rape) Act, 1981(as amended). It provides that a man commits rape if he has sexual intercourse with a woman who does not consent, and at the time he either knows that she does not consent or is reckless as to whether or not she consents. Section 4 of the Criminal Law (Rape) (Amendment) Act 1990 defines a second category of rape as a sexual assault, which includes penetration (however slight) of the anus or mouth by the penis, or penetration (however slight) of the vagina by an object held or manipulated by another person. This second offence is known as 'section 4 rape'. Common Law rape is gender specific and can only be perpetrated by a man against a woman. Although a woman may be found guilty of common law rape as an accessory; that is where she has assisted a man in perpetrating a rape. Section 4 rape, on the other hand, is gender neutral and can, therefore, be perpetrated by a woman or a man upon either a woman or a man. The maximum penalty for both types of rape is life imprisonment.

PT 1. Children can not consent.
    PT 2. Sexual assault is rape. Where did you get the idea that sexual assault was not rape. And before you say its a lesser crime, please show me where exactly it states that. Its not a lesser crime, its a different catergory, not a lesser crime as you've stated.
    Any form of sexual assault is rape when no consent is expressed. Children cannot consent.

Sexual assault is an act of physical, psychological and emotional violation, in the form of a sexual act, which is inflicted on someone without consent. It can involve forcing or manipulating someone to witness or participate in any sexual acts, apart from penetration of the mouth with the penis, the penetration of anus or vagina (however slight) with any object or the penis, which is rape.

Legal Definition: Sexual Assaults; sections 2 and 3 of the criminal Law (Rape) (Amendment) Act, 1990 provide for the offences of aggravated sexual assault and sexual assault. Aggravated sexual assault means a sexual assault involving serious violence or the threat of serious violence, or a sexual assault that causes injury, humiliation or degradation of a grave nature. This offence also carries a maximum penalty of life imprisonment.

I guess this law states that children don't feel humiliated or degraded whilst being subjected to sexual abuse. Ireland, full of Judges making rulings based on their own opinion. Maybe the victims [survivors] should be making the final rulings. Afterall, it is only the victim who knows the humiliation and degradation that has been truly endured.

Indecent assault:This offence covers a range of conduct, from non-consensual sexual touching to a sexual attack just falling short of rape

In case you want to reply that I'm wrong on all of this then I suggest that you get in touch with the Rape Crisis Centre in Co Sligo. All information present is from their database. But sure then, their facts don't count its all about you and your opinion.:mad:

limklad wrote: »

Childline in the UK have reported an alarming increase in Female sexual predators of child rape.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/taboo-tolerance/female-sexual-abuse-the-untold-story-of-societys-last-taboo-1767688.html

That would be due to paedophiles targeting naive vulnerable single mothers [most often by single parent online dating sites] and brainwashing them into their way of thinking. Out of an estimated 100 paedophiles [child sex offenders/adult sex offenders] 3.8% are female.
    Paedophiles will also groom young female children into their way of thinking resulting in more female child predators. Unfortunately the internet is their breeding ground. But not everyone who uses the Internet is a paedophile/child predator.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

DamoDLK wrote: »
    I don't believe and I simply cannot believe what your saying... Society needs lawyers brave enough to take on unpopular cases.

This could go way off topic, but just for a second, remember Paddy J. McGrory a brilliant Lawyer who took on the Gibraltar inquest into the death of 3 provo volunteers on behalf of the families. This nearly destroyed his good name as the UK tabloids went to town accusing him of all sorts of activities..

It wasn't a popular move on his behalf, but non-the less, Lawyers this brave are somewhat thick skinned.
    Im all for Innocent Until Proven Guilty but to need to play the Aberration Card to keep your client out of jail is Farcical at Best. Defending accused Rapists is not in itself something that I find offensive, its the depths and loopholes that they resort to.

Its because of people like you and the other guy that I hate debating in forums. You are the type of people that come into a thread spout your own nonsense and worthless opinions without even researching what you are talking about. What you and a few others are doing here is the following..."You're wrong and I'm right, I don't have to research anything because my opinion is always correct and I'm never wrong". Ok, prepared to be proved wrong.

Interesting use of condescention to hide the fact that your argument is flawed.
    Sexual assault is rape.

No, rape is forced sexual intercourse. Sexual assualt does not nessecarily involve intercourse.
    So in your eyes a fully grown man ramming his penis down a childs throat is not really abuse. I suppose that says more about you than the Judical system.

Good Jesus Christ, how in the name of all that is holy did you get that from what I wrote?
    Its an answer but its a wrong answer.

No, I'm right - and your facts prove it: the law deferentiates between penetrative rape and non-penetrative sexual assault.

The thing is - I need to specify that that is the REPORT AND THE ACT OF LAW YOU LINKED TO, NOT MY OPINION (your inability to read accurately, as evident by the second point above requires me to say this, because God knows what you'll accuse of writing next) - that neither of the stories mentioned penetrative rape of a child. This is why the sentences were lighter.

Now you can scream and rant at me all that you want as to what I'm saying or not saying, but PLEASE read it accurately, ESPECIALLY THE BIT IN CAPS because THIS IS NOT MY OPINION, IT IS WHAT WAS REPORTED.
    I guess this law states that children don't feel humiliated or degraded whilst being subjected to sexual abuse. Ireland, full of Judges making rulings based on their own opinion. Maybe the victims [survivors] should be making the final rulings. Afterall, it is only the victim who knows the humiliation and degradation that has been truly endured.

Indecent assault:This offence covers a range of conduct, from non-consensual sexual touching to a sexual attack just falling short of rape

Which is what I was saying to you all along. Why the need to rant and scream and accuse of saying things I never said?

Look, I'm not saying that what happened is in the slightest bit fair, but it IS the law. If you think this is wrong, there's no point ranting at me or putting the grossest possible opinions in your mouth. I need to resdress this because of its seriousness:

Never, ever, come into a pulic forum and wildly accuse ME or ANYONE ELSE of condoning ANY form of child sexual abuse ever again, unless said person has actually written such an opinion. Child sexual abuse is a very serious issue and wildly throwing accusations about it is neither sensitive nor wise.

If you want to change the law, campaign your TD or the Minister for Justice.

Interesting use of condescention to hide the fact that your argument is flawed.

No, rape is forced sexual intercourse. Sexual assualt does not nessecarily involve intercourse.

Good Jesus Christ, how in the name of all that is holy did you get that from what I wrote?

No, I'm right - and your facts prove it: the law deferentiates between penetrative rape and non-penetrative sexual assault.

The thing is - I need to specify that that is the REPORT AND THE ACT OF LAW YOU LINKED TO, NOT MY OPINION (your inability to read accurately, as evident by the second point above requires me to say this, because God knows what you'll accuse of writing next) - that neither of the stories mentioned penetrative rape of a child. This is why the sentences were lighter.

Now you can scream and rant at me all that you want as to what I'm saying or not saying, but PLEASE read it accurately, ESPECIALLY THE BIT IN CAPS because THIS IS NOT MY OPINION, IT IS WHAT WAS REPORTED.

Which is what I was saying to you all along. Why the need to rant and scream and accuse of saying things I never said?

Look, I'm not saying that what happened is in the slightest bit fair, but it IS the law. If you think this is wrong, there's no point ranting at me or putting the grossest possible opinions in your mouth. I need to resdress this because of its seriousness:

Never, ever, come into a pulic forum and wildly accuse ME or ANYONE ELSE of condoning ANY form of child sexual abuse ever again, unless said person has actually written such an opinion. Child sexual abuse is a very serious issue and wildly throwing accusations about it is neither sensitive nor wise.

IckyPoo2 wrote:

I will say what I want, when I want, whenever I want, however I want. If you get upset by any of it, you should really switch off your computer and never switch it on again.
    IckyPoo2 wrote:

I didn't think you would be volunteering to do it.
    If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem.

But I know nor you or anyone is condoning any form of sexual abuse be it towards children or adults.

I will say what I want, when I want, whenever I want, however I want. If you get upset by any of it, you should really switch off your computer and never switch it on again.

Eh, no, actually, you can't. You can't tell lies about people, that's libel.
    I didn't think you would be volunteering to do it.
    If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem.

Ah, so you start the thread about an issue you feel passionate about and then try and dictate to everyone else what their responsiblity is or should be? Nice.

• Advertisement

Eh, no, actually, you can't. You can't tell lies about people, that's libel.

Ah, so you start the thread about an issue you feel passionate about and then try and dictate to everyone else what their responsiblity is or should be? Nice.
    I see you failed to acknowledge that I stated at the bottom of my post that I knew nor you or anyone was condoning any form of abuse but yet you continue to bicker about things.
    As I said if something on the Internet upsets you [clearly this has] you really should think about not going on the internet. If you allow people you've never met to upset you, then you probably need some sort of help.
    Don't take it all too serious. Relax, unwind, chill out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement