Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vitamin B12 Deficiency

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

gweny wrote: »
    Hi All, have any of you who received the injections, had any
    problems with gout?
    My son has Sarcoidosis and because of his vegan diet, was diagnosed low
    on Vit.B 12. On the last shot he had an awful attack of gout:( he thinks its
    the B 12 that has caused it. Do any of you think its possible? thanks

I have had Sarcoidosis and am B12 deficient (pernicious anemia) - I was diagnosed B12 deficient 3 years before sarc - being taking shots for 15 years and never had gout.

As medical advice isn't allowed I would contact his GP to see if it's linked to the Sarcoid, B12 levels etc. It could be completely unrelated to either or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gweny

Thanks for all your advice, I will send it on to my son.
    Gweny

Reeni wrote: »
    I get neo-cytamen once per month, or when I can't source this I get cytamen once per week. I administer these injections myself. I know its not for everyone but if anyone would like some info on this I'd be happy to help as I found that having control over it lessened its impact on me(especially since my doctoe was charging me €47 a pop for the injections!).

I just came across this thread from a Google of neo-cytamen. That's a crazy amount of money. In the past two months I was charged €50 for the GP consultation (including blood tests), €30 for the five injection capsules from the pharmacy, and €20 for the doctor to give me the injection each week for five weeks. A total of €180. It was well worth it as my energy levels now are much better and the shortness of breath/tension in my chest are hugely reduced.

My advice: if you're feeling fatigue/low energy, get your doctor to do blood tests for B12 Deficiency. I never heard of it until two months ago, yet I've been feeling knackered for years (the shortness of breath/tension on the chest was new, however).

Advertisement