Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milsim exposure, letting people have a go

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

Stonewolf wrote: »
    Should probably also make it clear to people that you can't bring ammo into the field.

oh realy? so its only the mags you bring?

xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

oh realy? so its only the mags you bring?

xXx

depends on the rules of the event or day, but yes it is normally only the ammo in the mags you have about 600 - 1000 rd in total, normally you have to go back to base or a FOB to reload your mags

Puding wrote: »
    depends on the rules of the event or day, but yes it is normally only the ammo in the mags you have, normaly you have to go back to base or a FOB to reload your mags

oh right, kool kool, that sounds realy good.
    can't wait to play one some time, so interested now
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Should probably also make it clear to people that you can't bring ammo into the field.
    Depends... some rule sets allow it, its highly dependant on the game settings.

Ive seen:

ammo only in mags, x ammount total, (Whatever mags)

600 in mags, 600 spare (no safezone to return to)

600 total, end of

(600 artibary figure but one thats commonly used)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SligoAirsoft

We played a team challenge with the Vipers on Saturday in Redbarn. We had team objectives and limited ammo and I have to say it was a great day. Not fully milsim but a great introduction for those who have not played it before.
    Worth dropping in on the redbarn tread to gauge the reaction of the teams involved. Most of us went through 2 mid caps at most for the afternoons gaming and I maybe wrong but I'm sure, I heard that a lot of the Viper lads had not played this type of game before.

result "from the lads I spoke to they loved it"

• Advertisement

Sounds pretty milsim to me :)

Redbarn sounds like a good site for it...

Quick question to everyone here... whats your average ammo usage in a day skirmishing? I'm just curious as people seem to place a huge emphasis on ammo in this thread.

Myself, its roughly 100-200 rounds if I'm Sniping, 1000 if I have an aeg.

Firekitten wrote: »
    Quick question to everyone here... whats your average ammo usage in a day skirmishing? I'm just curious as people seem to place a huge emphasis on ammo in this thread.

Mine is about 3000 BBs, it would be less but my gun is terrible there for i must spray alot more. incase you all think im exagerating im gona explain how my gun is bad :D

my gun has pretty terrible range and accuracy, shoots at about 0.2-0.3 jules, terrible rate of fire. so must compansate by shooting abit more, but believe me, its my gun, not me, i'v used friends guns. :(

xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Puding wrote: »
    depends on the rules of the event or day, but yes it is normally only the ammo in the mags you have about 600 - 1000 rd in total, normally you have to go back to base or a FOB to reload your mags

one of the worst thing in any game is when 4-5 walk off without a word from one team just to walk back to the safe zone grab bbs loaders and spend 20 odd minutes waffleing before slowly walking back to the game while 20 or 30 people have to wait for the numbers to even up again before carrying on a game

id encourage at least person maybe team medic to carry a day sack with bbs and gas or bbs and loaders for enought people as not to slow down or stop a game for reloads ,
    i use a 3 day assault pack in some games carrying bbs mags and batteries for team mates save's a lot of hassle

Gatling wrote: »
    one of the worst thing in any game is when 4-5 walk off without a word from one team just to walk back to the safe zone grab bbs loaders and spend 20 odd minutes waffleing before slowly walking back to the game while 20 or 30 people have to wait for the numbers to even up again before carrying on a game

id encourage at least person maybe team medic to carry a day sack with bbs and gas or bbs and loaders for enought people as not to slow down or stop a game for reloads ,
    i use a 3 day assault pack in some games carrying bbs mags and batteries for team mates save's a lot of hassle
    Where do you play that a game stops when 4 or 5 people taking a break stops a game?

As for medics carryign ammo... the ammo in safezone game rule is to make people use thier ammo carefully, not blat it all downrange then just bomb up in the field, the extra time and distance makes them more careful and slows down the pace of games. Its the point...

Where do you play that a game stops when 4 or 5 people taking a break stops a game?

its a common occurance sad but true

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Cant say ive seen that in any Milsim game, its a common occurrence in regular skirmishing alright, but that's down to not having the same organisation to the games.
    The last Milsim game i played a few weeks ago saw me use about 300rds the entire day, we didn't even see the safezone until it was time to pack up and leggit.,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

My last mil-sim I shot off about 150 rounds and I could be sure of only one kill (sorry Moggser). But I was working as the medic, so I wasn't supposed to be putting myself in harms way, and I was was busy patching up people for much of the day. And I still had more fun than I would on any day of normal skirmishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

I'd generally go through about 300-500 rounds in a day's skirmishing, and in the vicinity of 90 or so in a milsim. I am exceedingly cool though.

sliabh wrote: »
    My last mil-sim I shot off about 150 rounds and I could be sure of only one kill (sorry Moggser).
    Moggser always gets shot at milsims ;)
    I'd generally go through about 300-500 rounds in a day's skirmishing, and in the vicinity of 90 or so in a milsim. I am exceedingly cool though.
    As a cucumber Mr Shane.. as a Cucumber :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SligoAirsoft

the last time we played MAC, I used half a midcap for the whole day.
    I suppose it depends on the game, in Red Barn you could not help getting into small firefights as the game was designed to bring the teams together at certain points through clever use of the objectives settings but even though that happened you were always conscious that you didn't want to get bogged down, using up your ammo so the hit a run tactics came into play

semi auto all the way :)

Haha... semi auto indeed wins.... You know, in my time playing i've come to realise that Airsofters think fire selectors are labeled as:

Safezone - Chrono - Play

:D

Safezone - Chrono - Play

:D

LOL Thats good LOL
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Regarding support weapons... I don't really get the concept of allowing or qualifying certain guns and disallowing others.

Wouldn't it make more sense to limit the number of support gunners per side or per fire team?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Mine is about 3000 BBs, it would be less but my gun is terrible there for i must spray alot more. incase you all think im exagerating im gona explain how my gun is bad :D

my gun has pretty terrible range and accuracy, shoots at about 0.2-0.3 jules, terrible rate of fire. so must compansate by shooting abit more, but believe me, its my gun, not me, i'v used friends guns. :(

xXx

Drop your gun into your friendly local store and ask if there's anything they can do with it. Most of them offer some kind of repair service.

di11on wrote: »
    Regarding support weapons... I don't really get the concept of allowing or qualifying certain guns and disallowing others.

Wouldn't it make more sense to limit the number of support gunners per side or per fire team?
    Its fairly simple...

If its a real support weapon/ LMG in the real world, it qualifies as one here...

Ie,

in airsoft: M249, m60, m240, GPMG, m1918, Mg42, mg3, mg36, RPK, RPK74, PKM....

An m4 with a box mag is still an m4 with a box mag, regardless of it being able to do the same job in airsoft. Generally, its because support guns in airsoft weigh more, and must be used in a more real manner than dual weilding stubby thrillers with C mags....

that work?

• Advertisement

Drop your gun into your friendly local store and ask if there's anything they can do with it. Most of them offer some kind of repair service.

Who do you think did this to my gun... :(
    they screwed my over BIG TIME!!!
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Its fairly simple...

If its a real support weapon/ LMG in the real world, it qualifies as one here...

Ie,

in airsoft: M249, m60, m240, GPMG, m1918, Mg42, mg3, mg36, RPK, RPK74, PKM....

An m4 with a box mag is still an m4 with a box mag, regardless of it being able to do the same job in airsoft. Generally, its because support guns in airsoft weigh more, and must be used in a more real manner than dual weilding stubby thrillers with C mags....

that work?

I suppose the weight/size thing is reasonable, i.e. for the advantage of more ammo/rate of fire, you have to live with the fact that your SW is heavier/bulkier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Who do you think did this to my gun... :(
    they screwed my over BIG TIME!!!
    xXx

Not to get too far off topic but 1) When you get bad service complain and 2) As a consumer you have rights. Simply accepting bad service and not rocking the boat is one of the things driving this country into the pits.

Not to get too far off topic but 1) When you get bad service complain and 2) As a consumer you have rights. Simply accepting bad service and not rocking the boat is one of the things driving this country into the pits.

I know what you mean, but its been so long now etc. we won't continue this convo here. If you wana know more i'l tell you throught PM if you like.

back on topic...
    wasnt there a big thing about the mg36 and the rpk being just the steroid version of theyr siblings? =s

xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

I'd generally go through about 300-500 rounds in a day's skirmishing

I'd be with Shane on this one. Would rarely use more than 5-600 rounds on a full day's brapping, even at a 'normal' skirmish. Haven't used a Hi-Cap since I bought my mids this time last year - hard to break from the MilSim habits I suppose!

semi auto all the way :)

Amen to that!

Actually looking into getting 3-round burst mosfet fitted to a couple of my AEGs at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

what we should do is a game in each site in ireland..if we could get a hardcore of players for each team that would allow people to tag along and see what its about...

the objective: get a game on each site and use it as an educational purposes on squad dynamics, radio usage etc etc etc

operation emerald....there i have even named it for us...

what we should do is a game in each site in ireland..if we could get a hardcore of players for each team that would allow people to tag along and see what its about...

the objective: get a game on each site and use it as an educational purposes on squad dynamics, radio usage etc etc etc

operation emerald....there i have even named it for us...

Great idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Might even get me out from my semi-retired status. Too much of a FAIRsofter me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 rockercover

<snip> abuse

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

rockercover - Banned for continual abuse

Advertisement