Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kane

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

If the WWe could rebrand he undertaker as the american bad ass for a few years surely they could do something to fresh'in up Kane's gimmick too.

in fact, with films like "the hills have eyes" "SAW" etc, I can't believe they didn't jump on that band wagon and have kane abduct people and sh*t like that.

He'll probably team up with the undertaker again before the year is out and then fued against him - like we haven't seen that a thousand times before.:rolleyes:

If the WWe could rebrand he undertaker as the american bad ass for a few years surely they could do something to fresh'in up Kane's gimmick too.

in fact, with films like "the hills have eyes" "SAW" etc, I can't believe they didn't jump on that band wagon and have kane abduct people and sh*t like that.

He'll probably team up with the undertaker again before the year is out and then fued against him - like we haven't seen that a thousand times before.:rolleyes:

He abducted RVD and Lita on different occassions.

Personally, at the time, I thought the Kaneroonie completely ruined the whole come back. I was actually expecting Kane to lay out Booker and Goldust as well.

However, I do understand why they did it.

The 2002/2003 masked rendition of Kane was rarely every as bitter or vicious as the prior versions. Honestly, I believe they knew that he was going to be unmasking a few months prior to it happening (I believe Jacobs wanted rid of the long hair). For example, when he was tag champ with RVD and stuff, he'd occassionally drop a line like "for the first time in my life, I'm happy" and stuff like that, which I believe, was great, as it was the polar opposite of the post-unmasking Kane.

I think they went wrong by giving Kane a burned face on the night of his unmasking. He should have been either constantly put in make up, or completely fine from the get-go. Inconsistency ruined that.

I liked the unmasked Kane. I thought they were doing really well with him, and thought that they were really just starting to give him that aura of invincibility he needed when they stopped pushing him. From falling into the burning dumpster, getting drove into the truck trailer, the violent ambulance match, etc. and how he just kept coming back from those things the following week was great. Don't get me wrong, it was cheesy at first, but I thought that after they kept doing it, it started to work really well.

I don't think that people would ever have been happy with that story coming to an end though. There was no way they could keep him as unstoppable monster Kane forever. They had to finish it some time, and I think the kind of slow gradual bring down was good and worked well.

It's just unfortunate that his follow up angles were impregnating Lita and getting married to her, in a storyline that he may aswell not have been involved in, because he kept getting overshadowed by Matt Hardy references.

Kane is my favourite wrestler, and I don't mind if he never gets a championship run again. He has said that he is happy to work with the younger guys and help them get over (I still believe he was a lot of help to MVP, though obviously he was hugely benefitted by Benoit and Matt being selfless too).

People like Shawn, Triple H, Undertaker, etc. don't seem to be too bothered about helping others get over. The only time people get over with Triple H is when they're associated with him (Evolution) and beat him because he thought them how to be 'that damn good' (with Jeff Hardy being an example of how he should be putting people over properly) and Undertaker seems to never lose a match, or if he does, he just barely loses it, and always defeats the other wrestler in the end.

Kane seems to understand that he has made a name for himself, people like him, he's still got a slight 'unbeatable' aura about him, and he uses it to help other people climb the WWE ladder. He strikes me as someone who understands how the business should work and how to keep things fresh. The only problem is that there seems to be a lack of people like that in WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

My favourite thing Kane has done was inspire a bunch of the best threads on this forum around last year some time about whether he was crap or not. The fact is he was great as the monster heel around 97-99 but now he just takes up space and gets entrance pops. He was never anything special in the ring or on the card and it says alot that none of his truly great moments were in his own matches. He was a very well written character but that's not down to him

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

IMO when the mask came off the mystery was over they REALLY screwed it up. Loved the mystery of the big red machine. Loved his outfits now in his pants with a shaved head it sucks. put the wife beater back on and get that mask and wig back asap!

Advertisement